O'Reilly on Letterman

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by JBigjake, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Bill O'Reilly is the scheduled guest on CBS' The Late Show. For those who claim not to watch the Fox News Channel, here's a chance to see Bill outside of his program. A promo showed some sparks.

Will anyone's opinions change as a result of watching this program? Or, as usual, will the haters continue to hate & the supporters continue to love, with a few undecideds?

And as for O'Reilly ...

2. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    The guy who threatened San Francisco with no help if al-Qaeda bombed it? That Bill O'Reilly?

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I wouldn't piss on O'Reilly if he was on fire.

4. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis

I wouldn't either.

I would probably take a dump on his face though.

5. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    I'm sure he likes you too!

6. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Well. you certainly are full of $hit! I'd like to see you say this to his face. I'd bet he'd give you the Glasgow kiss!

7. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Probably not. :)

8. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    He wouldn't be able, because like most Chickenhawks who can only talk a good game, he'd probably have some sort of deferment, other priorities or the ever reliable, boil on his ass.

9. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis

I'll be waiting for him.

10. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, i'll try to watch.....consider myself left of center....

As long as he provides us with updates on the war being waged on Christmas..

My guess: The Christmas foes -the damn cowards- have retreated, and are in hiding. Intelligence says they plan to resurface in about 11 months... provided the Reeps are still sucking in the polls -in which case make it 9 months-, and the need to cover actual issues continues to be too much of a hassle.... with elections and all on the horizon...

But hey, i'm willing to listen.... :)

11. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now see, this...this is the type of thread that's GOT to be emblematic ofthe best possible traditions of the forum...I can learn alot from you. Thanks for launching a thread about a talking head who provides no real news talking to another talking head about things they don't really care to explore, but only exploit...you know, for purposes of "cheer."

I'll be sure to watch these two icons of our society engage one another...man, these men are the new gladiators..they are what heroes are made of, well, at least Bill is.

12. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh, the equivalent of "my dad can beat up your dad."

Bravo.

13. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    You're welcome!

14. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I'd piss on him if he wasn't on fire, though.

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why would I want to watch Letterman? There are better things for cool people like me to do in the evening than watch TV, and besides, Jay Leno is funnier.

16. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched a bit of it, Dave told him he was making the whole "war on xmas" up, which is true (well, not BO'R solely). I liked he called Bush & Co. "your buddies in Washington" :)

No way Leno is funnier than Letterman. More sterile and corporate, sure. Less bitter, definitely :) I usually watch Letterman's monologue, it's short, then switch over to Leno's, then flip back to CBS for the Top 10 and leave it there for the guests and the Late Late Show after, I hate Conan.

17. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I saw him on the Daily Show and felt like using an RPG.

18. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    One of the best lines from Letterman: "I'm not smart enough to debate you point to point on this, but I have the feeling that about 60 percent of what you say is crap."

Preceded by, "I don't believe you."

Watched the highlights and unless they were seriously skew-edited, O'Reilly got his ass handed to him, perhaps even better than John Stewart did.

19. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O'Reilly can't handle situations where he can't hang up on a caller or bully his opponent.

20. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    Dave let that slimy SOB off easy. He could have nailed him to the ground at least half a dozen times during that interview. But I love that he de-marginalized Cindy Sheehan on national TV.

Plus, 60% is a gross understatement.

22. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is more offensive to me than any of your conservative politics.

;)

Seriously.....are you 80? Because only people my grandparents' age think Leno is funny.

23. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    No, watch the whole thing:

http://thepoliticalteen.com/video/oreillylettermanfull.wmv

Look, I think O'Reilly is blowhard, but the fact is, David Letterman makes John Stewart look like Einstein when it comes to issues political. O'Reilly made HIM look foolish and stupid...in fact, he made him look like a moonbat.

Perhaps, being in Manhattan as long as he as, Letterman has turned into one.

Here are the important highlights, for those who don't want sit through the whole 10-minute segment.

• Before O'Reilly comes on, just before he introduces O'Reilly, Letterman stirs a pencil in O'Reilly's cup, in a stunt even a freshman in high school wouldn't find funny. When O'Reilly takes a sip, the previous stir being unbeknowst to O'Reilly, the audience guffaws. The cheapest of cheap laughs.
    • As for audience response, O'Reilly gets just as much applause as Letterman.
    • In one interchange, channelling Maureen Dowd (Did you see her on the show? I though Dave was gonna lick her toes), Letterman effectively asserts that Cindy Sheehan's moral authority is absolute. O'Reilly makes the obligatory concession to her grief, but does accurately call her out as tool of the left wing. And she is, indisputably.
    • During the discussion of the War on Christmas, O'Reilly brings out facts and evidence. Dave pooh poohs evidence.
    • In a classic moonbat "fake, but accurate" moment, David assets that he thinks 60% of what O'Reilly says is crap, even though he confesses he's never watched the show. So, yes, you're right, Dave has a "feeling" that 60% of what he says is wrong.
    You know I have the "feeling" too that 100% of what every moonbat says on here is wrong.
    • Finally, caving in under the absurdity of his own position, Dave concedes he's not as smart as O'Reilly.
    And YOU...and others like YOU...think he wiped the floor with O'Reilly? Really??

Again, once again, it continues to astonish me how incredibly blind to reality most of the lefty posters on this board are. You are so eager to see folks who don't think like you, and believe in the same ideas as you, humiliated.

Well, pal, it simply didn't happen, and no amount of wishing will make it so.

24. sebakoole

sebakoole New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    Dude, it's David Letterman. Relax. Nobody watches Letterman and keeps political score. Well, um, other than you that is.

25. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

no doubt. watching letterman for political news is like watching Jerry Springer for relationship advice.