Pre-match: Oranje vs. Turkey and Spain [Results]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Kaasu apparently have Oranje players amongst their midth:

[​IMG]

2. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Wes the Legend.

what a goal and what a assist in back to back game.
    a true maestro.

regards,

3. Sam_TO

Sam_TO Member

May 14, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Just finished watching the game so I'll add my thoughts below:

This was a fine performance considering the opponent. Where was this Depay vs. Turkey? He looked smooth, had good link-up play, and didn't look nearly as clumsy with the ball as he did vs. Turkey.

Blind was good as well in his more natural DM role. He and Sneijder work well together. Vermeer saved us quite a few times, most notably vs. Pedro where I don't think Cillessen would have reacted as quickly.

The only real negatives to me were Narsingh and BMI (how does he continue to get the starting position after making an error almost every game? There's better options out there like Kongolo and Rekik, and they haven't been given a chance under Hiddink. We've seen what BMI can do, let's see what those two can offer).

4. Simmer

Simmer Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Oct 23, 2009
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Great result. It was refreshing to see guys like Klaassen and Janmaat instead of Afellay and Van der Wiel. Their mentality is so much better it seems. Also compliments to Vermeer. He really had some world class saves. Now we have something to build on in the next qualifying matches. We don't have to change much I'd say. We can only improve when Robben plays again instead of Narsingh, who just lacks quality to be dangerous on the right flank.

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Totally forgot about the game. Doh!

6. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I have my doubts about Hiddink criticizing the crowd for booing Iniesta.

Iniesta wouldn't care less anyway, and IMHO Iniesta fully deserves it. He's a persistent diver and whiner (no shortage of GIFs to show); he shouldn't have scored the World Cup winning goal in the first place (foul Elia); he should have been sent off in fact at the time he scored the goal, which he himself spontaneously said in the official FIFA World Cup documentary. And he was the one who embellished the contact with Heitinga, that got Heitinga off with a second yellow.

It is not crowd behavior that should be applauded, sure, but should the manager criticize? To put it in a bold way: if the latins do it, it is called 'passion' and part of the attraction.

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bold: What did he say exactly and why should he been sent off?

Other than that, I agree. Hiddink should shut up and concentrate on the lousy job he is doing.

8. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Sorry, I was a little bit confused but in the end it comes down to about the same thing though. Iniesta was the first player in the match to retaliate. He pushed Van Bommel on his blind side after the game was paused and the whistle had been blown. Iniesta said about the first half: "There was a time when I lost my head [...], but they did not give me a card." With a different referee (opponent?) it could have been a red, and it is at the least a yellow. The referee did not exchange words and ofc it did not help to calm down the match.
    It was Puyol in the documentary who literally said that he escaped on a few occasions a sending off in the final.

DRB300 repped this.
  9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Are these quotes online available in a clip?

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Haven't we beaten the 2010 WC final to death? I was reading a quote from Howard Webb, the match official, on one of the pregame stories yesterday and he said that he pretty much got all the call right but probably would have given de Jong a Red card for the early kick out.

11. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Those two quotes specifically are here at 50:55 and 56:26

In any case, I found that Hiddink should have been bothered by other things, and if some other countries are jeering players it is suddenly called "passion" and such like.

DRB300 repped this.
  12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If he had given him red the whole world wouldve been pissed off and wondered if Spain wouldve beaten NL without that one-man advantage.

In the end was the right call, 11 Spain vs 11 NL, and we still couldnt beat these c*nts.
    Oh well

JC-14 repped this.
  13. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Webb is an idiot. There were 3 Calls which he got horribly wrong at the very least. If he is not a retard he will accept atleast 1 or 2 of those were wrong. Iniesta made a bad tackle on Bommel + playacting more than once. Heitinga 2nd Yellow was completely ridiculous. Puyol 2nd Yellow should have been 1000% given for tugging Robben's shirt, pushing and kicking him all the way to Robben's 2nd miss.

Just because Webb makes idiotic statements does not mean we have to a accept it. Webb has a history of making stupid and partisan decisions in the EPL as well

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Iniesta just says "card", not red card, right? Would have been best had he said red card himself.