Pre-match: Oranje vs. Luxembourg WCQ

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Odds for sweden against bulgaria is 80%, we wont lose.

2. Parel

Parel Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    NAC Breda
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You say Sweden "has not been lucky". Even if luck went against you in the match in Paris (I didn't see it, so just taking your word for it), was what Lloris did last night not extremely lucky for Sweden? Especially considering that France had the better of the match and Sweden barely had a chance other than the goal. And what about the match against Holland, and Dost's wrongly disallowed goal?

Anyway, I'd be the last one to underrate Sweden and at the end of the day it's Holland's own fault that they are in the position they're in. Luck aside, we've screwed up key games and Sweden haven't, and it will now be very hard to beat Sweden to second spot.

3. I hear Theresa May cry victory....:sneaky:

2nd_striker repped this.
  4. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Sweden won 3-0 against bulgaria at Home and it should of been more. They are not a good team.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's too bad that Raymond Domenech is not the trainer of the French NT any longer!!!!

6. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I would like to believe that Sweden was actually better than France, I have not seen the match and the stats have shown that France wasn't that much better than Sweden but.... I think this is actually a one-time only. France will most likely reorganize themselves and face us with renewed energy.

I wonder if Dechamps is under pressure yet, France results haven't been impressive so far and they are underperforming when it comes to their insane talent pool.

7. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Your team is mediocre and won't qualify for the world cup even if you manage to finish second. I'm not saying this to put you down, but it's just true. Even with this total crap generation, Holland still has a way better 11 than Sweden on the paper. You're calling players from Heracles, let's be serious two seconds. Only Lindelhof would be NT material for Holland, the rest is pretty weak.

8. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Good thing greece won the euro 2004 with crap players then.

9. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    I understand that France will not let Holland win, Holland just win it on its own and will do that this August. The confidence and mojo are back.

10. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    So brilliant dutch, are you going to make me a bet for the game against France?

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sure. Wanna make it an avatar bet??

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That really was a strange anomaly though.
    Unlikely to happen ever again

richsavare repped this.
  13. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sweden qualifying via play-offs is far from impossible. While Sweden isn't that great of a team they should be able to qualify if their potential opponent is Northern Ireland or the like.

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Are the 2nd place teams seeded, or do they go straight to the draw??
    Because Italy or Spain will finish 2nd, and I would hate to draw either of them

15. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Good thing games are won on the field and not on paper. Seems like you guys never Learn and thats why holland is an overrated team that kicks their coaches every 3rd month or so.

Have fun missing another tournament with your so called super players.

16. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    It is possible if they play a weak team yeah, and what will they do after during the world cup ? Their level is quite similar to the Czech Republic team that bus us in last qualifiers. We all knew they were weak and they proved it during the tournamement.

17. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Robben said he is very confident for the game against France. Remember he didn't play in any of the three last losses against France. So maybe he can change something, let's just hope that he will really play this game and not being injured again.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Its a saturday night and the best thing you can do is troll a few people on the internet. You must lead a pathetic, lonely existence

19. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Holland sucks. Biggest chokers in world cup history.

Sweden is way better.

20. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    People will still be talking about Holland missing the WC rather than about Sweden playing the WC...That's when you know your team is totally anonymous.

richsavare repped this.
  21. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice having you here. You can go now.

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Holland will run circles around Sweden most of the time.

Now take a hike, loser. Piss off and go!! Shoo!! Shoo!!!

23. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Just fire your coach again. Thats all you do. I hope you get beat up bad by france.

24. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    true, they are still crap. They were one of the worst teams in that tournament.

And in response to your comment about Sweden being forgettable and to rub a little bit more salt in the wounds of our salty Swedish friend here: Sweden is so forgettable that even when they got third place on 1994 world cup people still forget that. When people talk about the 1994 world cup they will mention Stoichkov's Bulgaria, Hagi's Romania or the tragic legacy of Baggio.

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    SectionX has been warned. Please ignore all of his posts from here on out. If he continues to post, more sever action will be taken. We do not want trolling from the outside on this Forum.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.