Oranje 2022

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Ofori, Jun 30, 2021.

1. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    There is zero chance an average winger in the MLS is touching Oranje

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    apparently Kluivert is left out of Mourinho's training squad at Roma. I don't know if Leipzig will be interested in taking him on full time or look for another loan. Another example of a young player making a foolish choice of moving abroad too early.

richsavare repped this.
  3. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Justin Kluivert if he moves to a club that can actually utilize him then I can see him putting himself back in contention for Qatar

4. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Those GK are not ready. I’m guessing Bijlow will get a chance to be part of the squad but I have to believe Jasper Cillessen will return.
    Scherpen is not at all for this level.

5. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well said Orange14 on the players you mentioned.
    I agree with all of it, but it’s always important to Qualify, and I will not accept anything but to the disgusting FIFA World Cup in Qatar which you correctly ripped.

Ofori repped this.
  6. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Very intrigued by his development and heard he could well be playing for Borussia Dortmund this year which says a lot.

7. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He is capable of playing in a holding MF role which makes him even more attractive, but I agree his path to Belgium is easier

8. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    There is a list of young players here that hopefully can develop better (while some already make to the NT).

9. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Considering your qualifying group you should qualify relatively easily

10. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We'll we're in a tough position after losing the first game. And honestly I feel like people underrate Turkey and Norway. Norway has a lot of potential and the Turkish are fighters, especially when it's heated versus the Netherlands.

11. Turkey didnot do us a favor by sucking major league in the EURO. It might give some Orange players the impression the return match will be a walk over.

Orange14 repped this.
  12. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nice

13. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is honestly kind of depressing to read lol. The article is a bit old and basically all of the top talents it highlights had bad years. Basically no one except Timber and Gravenberch had a great year. Also the constant mentions of Koeman remind me of more positive days. When this article was written we were very positive about the upcoming future of Dutch football. Are we still?

14. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I mean you guys still can be despite crashing out of EURO in the Round of 16 because with a healthier Dutch team with Van Dijk, Donny Van de Beek, etc I do know you guys would have beat Czech Republic and then in the quarter finals you guys probably would have beat Denmark too and then the test would have been against England in the semis.

But with Qatar, you guys can focus on that.