Oranje 2022

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Ofori, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Considering Qatar is in less than a year from now well starts in November of 2022, it begs the question of which players can you see breaking into this team?

But also considering Netherlands missed the last World Cup, after not even qualifying for Russia in 2018, they want to redeem themselves by qualifying for Qatar, so that being said which players do you see in this team

2. OllyAlex

OllyAlex Member

Mar 2, 2021
    A lot can change in nearly 18 months

3. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    That is very true but the Dutch easily can bring in younger guys for Qatar as well

4. OllyAlex

OllyAlex Member

Mar 2, 2021
  5. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    • Drop Bizot, Veltman, van Aanholt, Stek, de Roon, Klaassen, Luuk de Jong, Berghuis, Promes.
    • Consider Bijlow, Karsdorp, Malacia, Danjuma, Struijk, Stengs, Bergwijn, Dilrosun, Schuurs, Botman, Bakker, Kluivert, Brobbey, Boadu to call up
    • Give more playing time to Koopmeiners, Gravenberch, Gakpo, Malen.

6. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    GK: Bijlow, Drommel, Scherpen

RB: Dumfries, Geertruida
    LB: Wijndal, Malacia
    CB's: Virgil, De Ligt, De Vrij, Timber, Ake, Struijk, Botman (plenty to choose from!)

CM/DM: Koopmeiners, Gravenberch
    CM: De Jong, Van de Beek
    AM: Wijnaldum, Stengs

LW: Malen, Gakpo
    RW: Danjuma, Lang, Bergwijn
    ST: Memphis, Weghorst, Boadu

Bold are ones that I count to make a gigantic leap next season, and be part of the foundational building block (to complement those already established) for Oranje NT in the next 2+ years. If I have to pick ONE, that has to be Bijlow. Oranje badly need a GK that is not a clown!!

Oranje98 and Parel repped this.
  7. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Strong squad for Qatar

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It is interesting that some are picking players for the NT who are just not good enough at present. Certainly we do need a new keeper and the only one on the horizon is Bijlow. It looks like Ajax have given up on Scherpen as they have purchased Gorter from Go Ahead Eagles. I suspect Cillessen will still be in the mix. I would like to see Struijk capped but I'm not sure whether he prefers Oranje or Red Devils. Schuurs, Botman, and Bakker are all flawed and I don't know whether they progress or not. Schuurs makes one bonehead play every match. Botman is big, strong, and slow. Bakker is not fast enough for the modern game. Malacia has promise but he was not very good in the U-21 tournament. van de Beek needs to get out of Manchester as he's unlikely to be more than a bit player there. Is Koopmeiners quick enough for the NT? I don't know. Kluivert is another who needs to find a club where he can develop. He is a proper winger which is a real need. Stengs needs to figure out whether he is a winger or MF and get his head screwed on right. Boadu needs consistency but has all the tools to be a dangerous striker.

I don't think the future is bleak at all as there are a lot of talented players around. Of course I won't be watching the WC played in arenas build with slave labor and don't care whether they qualify or not. I would like to see the new trainer focus long term on the next Euros and bring in the new generation of players.

richsavare, Oranje98 and Ofori repped this.
  9. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    A lot of exciting young players but I would incorporate your youth whilst still having that experience similar to what Germany did in 2010

Oranje98 repped this.
  10. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    It would be nice to incorporate a few young players at a time in friendly/Nation Leagues games or even in qualification games (at least sub in 20-30 min) while still maintaining core players. If there is small chance to win WC, at least line up/prepare for challenge for the next Euro (where some players listed above will not be able to contribute much anymore). We will see what players are called up for WC qualification after a new Manager is hired.

Oranje98 repped this.
  11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Oops, left out St. Juste unintentionally. Another CD that I think can make a very loud noise. Should very well be part of the Oranje setup in couple years.

This coming season will be his third year in Bundesliga, he’s gaining confidence and attracting attention. Reportedly one the fastest players in the league, also boast the highest successful pass rate among defenders.

richsavare repped this.
  12. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    A starting XI you could go with in Qatar (4-3-3)

GK- Bijlow
    LB- Wijnal
    CB- Van Dijk (captain)
    CB- De Ligt
    RB- Dumfries
    CDM- Wijnaldum
    LCM- De Jong
    RCM- Gravenberch
    LW- Malen
    CF- Memphis
    RW- Bergwijn

13. Isnot Geertruida capped by Surinam/Curacao?

14. Struijk most likely will chose the red devils, as there the chance to make the team is far bigger than in the Orange Squad. He only has to deal with the aging Verthongen and Vermalen, while for the Orange Squad there's a waiting list.

15. You also left out Karsdorp, in my eyes the best right back we have and in his prime.

richsavare repped this.
  16. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Point well-taken... Karsdorp will (should) indeed challenge a spot. I was mainly looking at the list of up-and-comer talents from the uXX level, and missed Karsdorp completely.

Last I read Geertruida (along with bunch of other names, like Malacia, Chong, etc.) were invited for Curacao NT, speculatively. Not sure if any of them seriously considered and actually accepted the invitation, let alone registered a cap.

17. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Mo Ihattaren can be monitored as well if he can regain his form (either at PSV or at another club). If he can develop to the next level he will be a better option than Gini in the near future.

18. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I mean Curacao are poaching talent from you guys and so are Suriname

19. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Big enigma. I was gung-ho on Ihattaren, and then I became very cautious given his non-existent development (in fact, it was more like a regression to me) this past season.. and now I don't know what to think of him. :confused:

I think Ihattaren needs a new scenery. Schmidt doesn't seem to be able to motivate and/or give Mo the right role to thrive. Another year in the "wilderness" will set him back further, and he may lose patience altogether. Ihattaren should transfer to Wolfsburg given the opportunity. It would challenge him, but it wouldn't too big of a leap for him (from playing-level perspective). And having a familiar/trusted face like Van Bommel could help bring his career back on-track. That, if Van Bommel lasts more than a few months :p

richsavare repped this.
  20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #20 Brilliant Dutch, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    You guys are all assuming we will qualify :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Lol.. massive job to qualify, especially considering the NT team do not even have a head coach :p

22. nurvin

nurvin Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I would consider these players for 2022:

GK: Drommel, Cillessen, Bijlow

RB: Dumfries, Karsdorp
    LB: Bakker, Wijndal
    CB: De Ligt, Van Dijk, De Vrij, Botman

DM: Koopmeiners, Gravenberch
    CM: F. De Jong, Veerman
    AM: Wijnaldum, Van de Beek

LW: Danjuma, Malen, van der Water
    RW: Berghuis, Lang, Bergwijn
    ST: Weghorst, Depay, Boadu

Ofori repped this.
  23. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Well considering the talent you guys already have and considering the teams in your qualifying group like Norway, Turkey, Latvia, Gibraltar and Montenegro you should easily top this group and qualify for Qatar with no built in excuses and or no exceptions. With or without a head coach even though you guys have De Boer in spite of yourselves.

24. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    van der Water? Lol

Also Timber has passed Botman. Other than that there are a lot of solid names there

25. nurvin

nurvin Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I knew that this name would sound strange, but we need that type of winger who can provide many assists to the centre forward. The other wingers, like Danjuma and Malen, use to leave the centre forward out of the action but they are much better finishers.