Orange, the rebuild starts now

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The did not buy a direct replacement. Razvaz Marin, a Romanian, was purchased from Standard Liege but he's a different kind of MF from de Jong. I'm not entirely sure who will be playing but it is reported that Blind and newcomer, Edson Alvarez, will be the deep lying MFs.

TitoTata repped this.
  2. [​IMG]
    50% of the World Class Players is Dutch!
    VvDijk Best Player and Best Defender, FdJong Best Midfielder
    Messi Best Attacker and an Englishman Best Goalie.
    edit: Alisson Becker is Brasilian at Liverpool.

Oranje98 repped this.
  3. Actually the Dutch are 100% of Europe's best players as those other two are South-Americans.

Oranje98 and Orange14 repped this.
  4. Kenneth Vermeer with a sublime performance when needed. In this form no question who should wear the gloves in Oranje.
    Rick Karsdorp had a very good match and contributed to the attack with decisive passes.

gabrielguilarte and Oranje98 repped this.
  5. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Koeman will be hard pressed not to include Stengs in the final selection after what it looked like a superb show in the Europa League match... he can dribble, cross, score - a smooth operator!

Oranje98 and gabrielguilarte repped this.
  6. Selectie for Germany and Estland:
    Doelmannen: Jasper Cillessen (Valencia), Kenneth Vermeer (Feyenoord) en Jeroen Zoet (PSV)
    Verdedigers: Patrick van Aanholt (Crystal Palace), Nathan Aké (Bournemouth), Daley Blind (Ajax), Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool), Denzel Dumfries (PSV), Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus), Joël Veltman (Ajax) en Stefan de Vrij (Internazionale).
    Middenvelders: Davy Pröpper (Brighton & Hove Albion), Marten de Roon (Atalanta Bergamo), Kevin Strootman (Olympique Marseille), Tonny Vilhena (Krasnodar) en Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool).
    Aanvallers: Ryan Babel (Galatasaray), Steven Berghuis (Feyenoord), Steven Bergwijn (PSV), Luuk de Jong (Sevilla), Donyell Malen (PSV), Memphis Depay (Olympique Lyon) en Quincy Promes (Ajax).

7. I donot like the number of central defenders in this selection.

8. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Babel and Promes selected over Stengs is making no sense whatsoever. Dismayed. At least Berghuis is in form.

9. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Beghuis Babel Strootman please no more

10. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Koeman doesn't easily change his mind, obviously.

GK: Zoet! seriously? He is just way below Krul & Bizot in performance.

Defense: Good, no complaints.

Midfield: vdbeek is injured, a huge blow if you ask me. Strootman is not convincing at all since his Knee injury almost 3 years ago, but I don't want to be harsh with him.
    I still think our midfield is lacking a true destroyer, someone like Nigel de Jong. de Roon & Propper are good, but we already have a much better player of the same category in Frenkie. If Ake can play aside FdJ in the midfield, I think it's worth trying.

Attack: I am big fan of Promes and was expecting a much better performance from him with Ajax, but if he can't be a starter over Neres with Ajax, then he shouldn't be in Oranje.
    Berghius was never really given a proper chance with Oranje and he is an excellent form with Feyenoord, so I am ok with him even as starter. In my opinion he brings something different to the table than all other players in our front line. What I don't understand though is Babel. He was given enough chances, and has never been convincing. There are much better, younger, more eager players who deserve his spot.

11. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anyway, this is my starting line-up for the Germany game:

________ Cillessen ________

Veltman __ de Ligt ___ VVD ___ Blind

_____ Ake _______ FdJ ______
    _______ Gini _______

Berghius ___ Memphis___ Bergwijn

Malen, Propper & PVA to come in the 2nd half if needed.

12. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I also think ake should start in the midfield along side frenkie. One thing is for certain though, Dest is not in KNVBs plan for crossover. I mean why select veltman when Dest is showing far more better potential than him. If not Dest than why not karsdorp or janmaat for that matter. Koeman last time out, selected tete when he was warming bench at Lyon and now when he is playing, he doesn't get selected. Danny blind was doing the same thing when he f*cked everything.

13. I think you should spend more time watching Feyenoord. Berghuis is at this moment one of the best Dutch strikers.

gabrielguilarte, Oranje98 and Orange14 repped this.
  14. The false narrative is a choice between Veltman and Dest. There are better and tested options than Dest to surplant Veltman.
    Rick Karsdorp comes to mind.
    Dest has proven nothing and has far less class than de Ligt and you know what happened when he made his appearance against Bulgaria.
    Dest we will judge in 2 years time.

15. I really hate we in this thread go loonie Yank Abroad mode, where they big up Dest as if he's the second coming of the best full backs on the planet after just an obligatory appearance in some preperation Ajax matches.
    Let's keep real and stick to performance for the Orange team as selection grounds and not some lofty unproven hyperism.

16. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Netherlanda are pretty weak at RB and Dest is one of the best RB prospects in the world. Pretty easy to understand why most of us really want the KNVB to pursue him. Everyone compares Veltman and Dest because they are on the same team and Dest is already better. Yes he is young and raw, but he is someone you have to take a chance on to lock up. Just look at how well he played the other day in a critical match.

My starting RB right now would be Karsdorp. I've always loved him and what he can provide, but I'd be including Dest on the team and giving him some minutes against Estonia

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  17. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #1668 Frysk Bloed, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Are we just ignoring Dumfries who is better than Dest and Veltman? He should continue to be our starting RB until Karsdorp can show he has form and health back to 100%.

Cillessen
    Dumfries - de Ligt - van Dijk - Blind
    Ake - de Jong
    Malen - Wijnaldum - Memphis
    Bergwijn​

Or something like that would be my team. Lord knows the chosen one (Babel) will probably start for some reason.

Also Dest looks bright but he won't be much better than Dumfries, Karsdorp et. al. if at all IMO. He's not on the same level as some of the best RB prospects in the world TAA, Hakimi, Henrichs, Maffeo, AWB, etc.

18. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Agree 100% with Dumfries being the best (safest) option for a foreseeable future... has the combination of speed, brute strength and passing/crossing ability - though he needs to limit the WTF moments.

Interesting that Ake has been mentioned a couple times already to play in midfield. When was the last he played there? Not sure a good idea to field a player off position.

19. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

20. This is what I object to, and this is the way the Yanks are talking. Cap him just in case, which means when we donot need him, and I'm of the opinion we've got better options right now and later on we will see if the ones I like, the AZ kid to mention on, brake out when the time for them is there.
    Capping Dest for just in case is in my eyes immoral, as it means we block him from an other option without knowing we will use him. He's young and needs time to grow and improve. So no need to rush things. If that means he jumps and goes on the USA board, so be it and then he's the fool to decide when the facts for his future are still unknown. I refuse to see the Orange team act as a scared bunny in the headlights. We are the Orange team and it's a privilege to wear that shirt. It's not a shirt we need to sell like a cheap piece of cloth.
    Virgil van Dijk was 25 iirc when he debuted. He could have played for Surinam if he wanted as it took so long to be selected.
    The wait was worth it for him.
    This article is a hommage to the diversity of the Netherlands and it's Orange team as a reflection of it. United we stand, divided we fall.
    https://www.volkskrant.nl/sport/het...-gevarieerde-nederlands-elftal-ooit~bea46901/

Nederlands elftal Afkomst
    Het Oranje dat van Duitsland won is het meest gevarieerde Nederlands elftal ooit

Nederlanders uit alle windstreken halen Oranje. Het is een sportploeg van migrantenkinderen.

Willem Vissers14 oktober 2018, 18:12

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe Dest turns out to be a world class RB, maybe not. Look at the history of recent Ajax RBs all of whom were capped: van der Wiel, van Rhijn, Tete, Veltman.

I rest my case!!!!!!!!!!!! Let Dest figure out what is best for himself, there is no urgent need for Koeman to bring him into the team right now.

22. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think the arguement point was more on veltmans selection to what the selectors should have looked at and in this case as what Venema 20 mentioned about both playing in the same team. I mean can you imagine veltman going to euros. You look at that tete incident when he was selected by koeman even with no game time at lyon.again hateboer was overlooked that time. The conclusion that you get is its all based on the paper .they look at pros and cons and they decide whom should be ticked and whom should be crossed. The same goes for Blind and van annholt but a slightly different situation. Why cant they simply rotate and acertain what individual player can bring.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well it is a two year old article and I think the NT has come back quite strong. Koeman must be doing something right as the players on the team seem to enjoy playing with each other. We will see for sure in the Euros next summer. For me the major error was made back in 2006 when van Basten was appointed manager. As we look back it turns out he was really never in control and his record at the club level wasn't very good either. Sometimes great players make mediocre managers. Of the Milan trio, only Rijkaard had a good spell at Barca.

Oranje98 repped this.