Orange Star Ultras Zone

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico FC' started by Intru, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Since we have a forum now, I think is time that one of our supporter groups get a thread on it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you, the OSU:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Introduction: (Spanish)

Somos un grupo de fanaticos de los Puerto Rico Islanders. Este grupo tiene como labor traer una admosfera de Ultra a "La Islandera", que le a faltado desde que se creo el equipo. Nosotros entendemos que fanaticos en las gradas es igual de importante que el producto del equipo en el campo y otra parte de nuestra labor es atraer a mas y mas personas a presencia y amar a los Islanders como nosotros lo hacemos.

Que es un Ultra? Pues es un fanatico que ademas de sentarce en los juegos y no hacer nada, se para canta los canticos de el equipo, viven los colores y le traen apoyo al equipo de cualquier forma posible, usalmente usando algun tipo de tifo.

Que es tifo? Es cualquier cosa, banderas gigantes, cartelones, bombas de humo, bengalas, baners, canticos, etc. Basicamente cualquier cosa que se use para alentar al equipo.

Para pertenecer a este grupo solo hay tres requisitos:
    -Siempre estar parado durante la mayoria de los juegos
    - Estar dispuestos a memorizar y cantar los canticos
    - Siempre alentar a los Islanders

Membresía:

La membresía al grupo esta actualmente abierta a todas personas.

El OSU no se asocia con la franquisia y es totalmente independiente.

Si tienen alguna duda o quieren mas informacion sobre nosotros pueden contactarnos a orangestarultras@gmail.com

[​IMG]

Intruduction: (English)

We are group that support the Puerto Rico Islanders FC. Our goal is to bring a ultras atmosphere to the "Islandera", which been missing since the teams creation. We believe that the fans in the stands are as important as the product on the field and another of our goals is to bring more and more fans to witness and love the Islanders as we do.

What is an Ultra? Its a fan that other than sit and do nothing during game, he stands, sings the chants of the team, lives for the colors and support the team anyway possible, usually using some sort of tifo.

What is Tifo? Is anything, banners, flags, posters, smoke bombs, flares, songs, etc. Basically anything that can be use to support the club.

To be a member of the OSU you need to:
    - Always be standing during the games.
    - Be willing to memorize and sing the chants.
    - Alway cheer for the Islanders no mater what.

Membership:

Currently group membership is open to everybody.

The OSU is no associated with the franchise and is completely independent.

For more information or questions about the OSU, please contact use at orangestarultras@gmail.com

2. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Thanks Intru.

No sabía de tu fan website.

Lo acabo de añadir a los links del Newsletter de los PR Islanders.

Good luck.

Si los Islanders juegan con los Impact en el 1er round de los playoffs, nos vemos en Montreal!

Saludos,
    Bori

3. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Intru,

It looks like that picture came from the last home game, when we scored against Portland. I was there. Not just that night, but everygame, the Ultras help create the great atmosphere at our home games. BTW, The flairs are a nice touch.

Keep up the great work. I would be a member but I don't get to that many games (this year six, at home including the MLS games and one on the road). I'm with you in spirit.

Rock on brother. Keep the faith.

4. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Jeje, i think im gonna face out that rule anyways, cause must member have trouble getting to games themselves. So it wouldn't be fare for new members.

But thats not what im here for today, today the OSU you want your help, since where a small group, we would like to here your opinions on how we can make the atmosphere in JRL better. Also any idea for tifo you think would look good, for example designs for banners and stuff like that.

5. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Well we got a new domain for our page, http://www.orangestarultras.com/

We have also kept it up-to-date on all de happening in the Islanders and Puerto Ricos National team. Theres also a updated picture zone, so stop on bye!

6. Gaboo

Gaboo Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Singapore
    Club:
    Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What are your attendances like?
    However...stay focused! I hope you succeed in what you mentioned above!
    Good luck, guys!

7. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Well team attendance is about 4k-5k during the regular season, except semis where it goes up to 10k-12k. Group wise where around 20 people, thnx for the support

8. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    A message from the Ultras,

Also i welcome you to visite the web page with its new domain, http://www.orangestarultras.com/