Orange County CA, intelligence of voters?

Discussion in 'Elections' started by TeamUSA, Nov 7, 2004.

1. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the best Orange County has to offer. Informed voters. It hasn't been golden there in so many years and I even think the tin isn't there, more like plastic.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6421259/

2. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A total unknown with an Italian last name vs. a guy with a Hispanic surname who had the endorsement of the Orange USD teacher's union?

In the Big Orange this is a no-brainer. Go with the total unknown.

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is no mistery for the people in Orange County. Phil Martinez is a symbol of an Orange County Unified School District that has been plagued by chaos, infighting, and inneficiencies. They are out of touch with the voters. They lost a bond measure for two elections in a row and they are talking of putting it again in the next ballot. So, people voted to reject the candidate who is part of the problem, and the only alternative was an unknown. What is surprising is that there wasn't a more qualified candidate to run against Martinez.

For the record, I am not in that particular district. I wouldn't have voted for an unknown who doesn't even bother to post an argument in the ballot, but to some extent, based on what I know about Martinez, I can understand people who did.