Opinions on "diving"

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by usscouse, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah but you have to respect his reason for switching allegiances. I don't know. I think he gets a pass.

Club loyalty is NOT lost on Americans...just to everyone outside of the Philadelphia Metro area. Then again, Championships are lost on us too.

2. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Eh we'll agree to disagree on the first part. No pass here.

And I totally disagree with you on the second (save the Championship bit). It is. There's this whole love affair with winning - not your own team, but whatever team is winning.

Perhaps that's why you don't get my point seeing as your team never wins. ;) :D

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We never win yet we are always there and always loud. It's beyond dispute. FACT.

4. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    For instance, now I must leave as I have to get something to eat before the first place Philadelphia Flyers take on the Pittsbugh Penguins. And F'CK Sidney Crosby while we're at it!

5. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You're also leaping off bridges like lemmings, but that's not what I'm talking about. ;)

Americans are just obsessed with winning. They flock to teams that win - we have more "fans" who sway with the breeze than we have diehards who stick by a club - of any sport mind you - through thick and thin.

6. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have a good one. Just you wait until my Caps have a decent team to support Ovechkin. ;)

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What then Washington fans will start to care and actually show up at the MCI Center? Ovechkin=Calder Trophy Winner, without a doubt. MVP canidate I say.

Same goes with the Bullets/Wizards. You guys had Michael f'n Jordan and still no one in DC cared!

8. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I care. I heart the Caps. :D

As a means of disclaimer - I don't really care for basketball so I can't speak to the latter point.

9. qazwsx

qazwsx New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Australia
    usscouse decided to neg rep me on that post.

10. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    You lying sack of shite. !!!!:mad:

I posted this thread "as I got it" from from a soccer column. and posted without comment to see how you guys felt on it. This moron neg repped me two weeks later on it.

I know you can't help who decided to support Chelsea this year but most Chelsea posters have more integrity than this lying areshole.

11. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't put it past you.

And it's "Arsehole", you "********ing 14 year old moron".