Opening Rocky Mountain Cup finale, Rapis host FSL, Sat, 7PM

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by AlbertCamus, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Yeah, there's no unseeing that. Or this season, unfortunately.

fortcollins repped this.
  2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soft, but a black and white rule. Go to the head, red card.

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In case you missed it, Centennial 38 did not give out a MOTM oar, for the first time ever.

COMtnGuy, kucsdat, fortcollins and 4 others repped this.
  4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colorado Rapids Head Coach Anthony Hudson

General thoughts on the game:

"First of all, I have to apologize to the fans. They've been fantastic all season, especially at home. This was such a big game, such an important game. We went into this game prepared, off the back of a really good run, performing well, really confident. We knew how important this was to the fans. Coming away after the result, it's not what they deserve. We apologize, we can win this come next season. Not a good night for us."

On the postgame locker room talk:

"We're a team that does really, really well. We've got 11 players working together. When our best players are on the pitch, we know they can give us a performance and when we go down to 10 men and then even 9 men, it makes it very difficult for us. The guys know that it's an uphill battle. We literally have to put it behind us. What we can't do is forget about all the good we've done in the recent run of games."

On how this can be a learning situation:

"I'm disappointed and it's something that we have to learn from very quickly. We had only 9 men, there's not a lot of takeaways from that other than the discipline side of it. There is and has been a good feeling in the group. Everyone’s working incredibly well and performances reflect that. It's just one of those night’s we have to put behind us."

5. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know whether to post the Baghdad Bob meme or the "this is fine" dog pic.

COMtnGuy, fortcollins and Totoro repped this.
  6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching the end of the game to see how Fleming and 'Celo wrapped this debacle up. Altitude coming back from break showing the FSL fans with the Cup and chanting "who's cup, our cup!" is a real shitty thing to do on a Rapids broadcast.

COMtnGuy, fortcollins, Bridgeman and 2 others repped this.
  7. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would've voted for DJ Jen Jones or Rapidman.

BTW: worst display of football seen. Only question in my mind: fire Hudson and Smith now or wait until the end of the season?

8. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best part, Tailgating
    Worst part, knowing how inept the RFP//Coach seems to be, year in and year out...

"The Rapids Way" was on display last night..........

Honestly, at the end of the season, whatcha' think those guys will do in the war room? I know, I know, firing your coach every year is the Cleveland Browns way to longterm terrible. Like us. We have had some good years, but the team never builds on that, instead they tear it down.

Bye

R

9. zapem_10

zapem_10 Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve been going to games since 2011 and a season ticket holder since 2012. I left at 60’. It’s the first game that I have ever left before the final whistle. The way I feel right now, I may not go again.

RapidStorm and wormhole repped this.
  10. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    We left as well. Based on the scoreline, I am glad to have those 45 minutes to play Frisbee with our dog (hoping for a half-time show!). Best decision we made all night.

I have few comments about the first half and ALL of them are not words that should be put in a public forum. Only two good things to say:

• - TIFO was really cool and pre-game excitement in 108 was high.
    • - Welcome back RapidMan! Nice to see him make an appearance.

The rest is all curse-word laden tirades....

rod

11. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Good! I can't think of anyone that would have deserved it. Although to be fair there were a few players who played their hearts out, I can't imagine how there aren't hard feelings between players after some of these shit-show games.

12. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I was pissed about the 6-0 score (run it up anyone?), but then Candy reminded me - "If you don't like it, stop them". My only wish is we were good enough to stop them....

We must feel the pain of our ineptitude and accept our reality rather than cover it up and ignore.

rod.

13. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    We were in the same boat as you and Rod1916. The only time we'd left early before was weather related--we were freezing and it was getting acutely painful to continue. Same tonight but this time it was the Rapids.

14. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    We stuck around for the beginning of the 2nd half because we wondered how the Rapids would respond. Down 2 is pretty tough, the other team can basically send players forward at will. But still, the Rapids could sit back in banks of 4 and make it difficult for RSL. Well, they didn't make it very difficult.

fortcollins and Sports Yak repped this.
  15. wormhole

wormhole Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Westminster, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pooled my unused tickets and brought my whole family to the game. We left at 60 minutes as well. Everyone thought the tailgate was great and unspoiled by the waste off time that followed.

Totoro repped this.
  16. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I can't believe I actually thought the Rapids had a chance. The predictions of a 1-1 tie seemed a safe bet but I thought the Rapids were playing better, and with a rivalry game at home that might be enough to push the to a win.

Hah!

17. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    When Barnes was warming up, I noticed him taking a few hits on an inhaler.

Seems he has asthma? With all the running soccer players have to do in training and games, that seems pretty good to be a pro with asthma.

18. JackSwaninCO

JackSwaninCO Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    It's part of whatever training program the players are on. A number of them have been using inhalers the past few games. No idea what it is.

19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like @AlbertCamus had the thread title right. The Rapis had no D last night.

AlbertCamus, SccrDon and Paranoid Coyote repped this.
  20. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What on earth is he talking about?

21. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    24 hours of thought later and it hit me that the lack of discipline has been there all year. Some argued the first red was soft. Well, I remember a few games this year where a Rapids player got a yellow and I thought, "Lucky he didn't get a red." Really, the Rapids have played thug soccer all year. Not just the hard plays, hard tackles, but cheap shots. Yesterday it caught up to them. No sympathy at all.

The team played hard nosed soccer under Pablo and Smith, etc., but this year has been cheap shot city. And watching Boateng argue... Sheesh.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  22. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After further review, this game was still awful, the team is still awful, the coaching is still awful, and the front office is still awful. I can't even imagine how people felt who paid hard-earned money to see that debacle. The Rapids owe paying fans a refund for that one.

Sports Yak and COMtnGuy repped this.
  23. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AlbertCamus repped this.
  24. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watched the lowlights earlier today - this match and season make me support promotion / relegation.

Sports Yak and AlbertCamus repped this.
  25. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sept 5th, 2014 - The Joe Nasco game:
    Game 27 of 34 under a first year coach. 1st minute red card, down 3 at half, lose 6-0. Rapids have 6 shots, 5 on target. LA has 19 shots, 7 on target. Rapids finish with their 2nd worst season all-time.

August 25th, 2018: The RMC debacle:
    Game 26 of 34 under a first year coach. 5th minute goal, 10th minute red card, 45th minute red card, down 2 at half, lose 6-0. Rapids have 4 shots, 1 on target. FSL has 21 shots, 13 on target. Rapids on pace to finish with their second worst season all-time.