Opening Day

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Burn20, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Burn20

Burn20 New Member

Jul 29, 2000
    NJ
    Is opening day still scheduled for Aug 6?

If so, I'm trying really hard to make it, but need some help. :confused:

I've never been to Texas and don't know about which airport to fly in/out of (I'm assuming Dallas?) and what hotel would be close to the stadium. From what I've read, it's in a pretty suburban area, so I figure I'll have to rent a car, but I'm just trying to make it as easy as possible.

Any info you natives can supply would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Yes .. Aug 6 still but you better check out the other threads on the topic as it appears at this point that only about half the stadium will be used so tickets will be very hard to get.. Appears to be a problem with parking being ready in time.. :eek:

3. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    Yes, get your tickets on Ticketmaster's website ASAP to ensure you can make it. You'll want to fly into DFW or Love Field (whichever is cheaper for you) and rent a car.

4. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    Most likely fly into DFW. If you're coming from NY/NJ area, you probably won't be able to fly into Love because of the lovely Wright Amendment.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yes do that and once you have got here, rent a car. Our highways are pretty straight forward, you'd just take a highway right outside the Airport called I-635 and take that to Dallas North Tollway and take that straight up north to Main Street in Frisco and you're there! There are hotels in Frisco that are nice, just stay there.

6. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Burn 20, if you plan for staying for awhile, rent the car but stay down in Dallas, maybe the uptown area and hit a good restaurant. When its time for the game, just head up the tollway until you run out of road. (30 minutes). When you fly out for a Yankee game you don't stay in the Bronx. Same principle. Although Frisco is the anti-Bronx I guess.

Your biggest issue may well be parking. I know its going to be mine.

7. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burn 20 - if you are an Inferno member post on TIDN and let us know your plans - we will help out all we can.

Try Homestead studios (internet rates start around 44)
    http://www.homesteadhotels.com/minisite/?hotelID=123

Or Studio Plus (low rates - there's one in Addison/Farmers Branch)
    http://www.studioplus.com/minisite/?hotelID=489

or browse here:
    http://isavetravel.com/hotels/10221608.php

or call:
    HotelsAtAnywhere.com offers cheap hotels and discount hotel reservations at Dallas TX. Book online or call toll free USA 1-866-233-9330. Save up to 70% off guaranteed!

8. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    The hotels in Frisco are

Embassy Suites (brand new) ... Looks like it is sold out
    http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/...UUC52NGHWYCSGBIWM22QKIYFC5UUC?ctyhocn=DALFSES

Hampton Inn ... Looks like it is sold out
    http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/...UUC52NGHWYCSGBIWM22QKIYFC5UUC?ctyhocn=DALFCHX

and Holiday Inn Express ... has rooms available
    http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fsotx

This weekend will be bonkers in F town. Tax free shopping and IKEA opening. You'll probably have to fly into DFW and rent a car. Getting to Frisco from the airport is easy b/c it is all highway. Book early!

9. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    That and Southwest is afraid to fly out of any of the NYC airports.

10. jeffenbauer

jeffenbauer Member

Jul 17, 2002
    dallas, tx
    SW flies to Islip though.

11. abilenecosmos

abilenecosmos Member

Nov 2, 2004
    The Rock
    Except dont order from ticketmaster, call the FO. Ticketmaster charges a fee just for getting the the service, and they also charge for shipping. (there may be a free shipping option) You can call the FO and pick the tics up at the will call booth.

12. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    In the words of the great Eddie Vedder, "Screw Ticketmaster."

13. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    Free shipping is in a plain white envelope through USPS. Doesn't even say ticketmaster or anything on the envelope. I looked, even though I am a season ticket holder. Don't know why. Maybe I thought they'd give me a candy or something for looking. I was wrong.

14. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree w/ you my fellow INFERNITE, but to the average minivan driver Ticketmaster will be the way to go...That would be an interesting stat...Of all the ticket solds to the first game... how many were ordered through ticket master and how many were ordered throught the main office....? I personaly just snail mailed all the flexis that I had remaining for tickets to ea. of the remaining games...In The INFERNO zone of course....to the attention of Ali, copying Emily... she's out of pocket.

15. runningman

runningman Member

Feb 7, 2005
    East Dallas
    Which hotel willl be used for the team locker room?

16. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I'm letting them use my garage. I just have to pull out the minivan to make room for Amado Guevara's inflated ego.

17. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure says that you need to move the Hummer for that.