Open House

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by IJS, Mar 27, 2003.

1. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Barn Burners table at the Open house 3/29

a Barn Burner Press Release: Watch our stock price fly

The Barn Burners will have a table/booth at this Saturday (3/29) Chicago Fire's
    open house held at Cardinal Stadium in Naperville from 11am to 3pm
    At the table you'll find:

Scarves for sale ($15 to members, $20 to non-members)
    You've seen them on the terraces, now get your own

"The Peter Nowak tribute poster" ($7.50 to non-members, one will be free to all BB members)
    Come check out this poster, you'll not be disappointed (I was told), then buy

Opportunity to became a Barn Burners member (cost and benefits available at the event)
    You've seen them at the matches but you don't have to be in section 8, all welcome

And maybe just maybe news about 2003 tailgates, yeah tailgates, just maybe

After the open house join the Barn Burners at Features (21 and over) to view the
    USA vs. Venezuela match live from Seattle WA. The Fire organization will also be
    at Features (100 Grand Av Naperville, near Cardinal Stadium). Kick off is 3pm.

WHO'S THE BEST

2. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Christ, Ian. NOWAK. hah.

This is the BB1871 version of the poster:
    [​IMG]

This is the one that will be given to Peter:
    [​IMG]

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Actually, since a lot of folks are going, I'm going to make this a general Open House thread.

4. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Do they let kids into Features? We had planned on watching the USA game after open house, but I will have all three of my kids with me. I am hopeful that they will allow them in??

5. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Corrected, sorry Lham :) And thanks for posting the poster. I believe this is the one Don C was talking about that he asked me to post about. Really cool looking poster hey. There will also be a BBSL all star match sometime in the afternoon, I was told. Not sure if there are any BB all stars, any one know ? Just kidding I have played on the league.

6. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd have thought so if they have an adult or guardian. The Fire's newsletter mentioned the over 21 (I was stealing their news)but last season kids were allowed in with adults, can not see it changing but call the Fire office because it is their "party", the Barn Burners are going there because, well they always do (for now)

7. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Thanks.

8. ArsenalGooner

ArsenalGooner Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    BB All-Star Game

Hi All-
    Steve D. from the Fire office told me the BB All-Star game will be played from 1:45pm-2:45pm during the Open House. Also, there will be a prototype of the Fire/BB/Puma winter hat at the Barn Burners booth.

9. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    VU Keeper/s

Will the Harrison bros be there and playing ? If so looks like there might be two Yeovil Town jerseys in Naperville on one day, got to be a record. Up the Glovers !!

10. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fire open house

Just got back from Naperville. I saw Nowak and wished him well with his new duties with the fire and thanked him for all he's done for the fire on the field and off.
    Talked to Peter Wilt and he doesn't appear sure what kind of formation dave will use.
    Picked up the new fire Puma jersey, a BB scarf and the Nowak tribute poster( very nice).
    Saw Joe Pakovits,Coz,cougar jim, Don Crafts,HalaMadrid and others.
    Besides Nowak, the players that were there at the time were cj brown and henry ring, and thornton.
    Not a lot of people there compared to last year but it wasn't advertised in the papers. I guess they feel there going to sell out most games anyway.

11. dearprudence

dearprudence Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Chi-town
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    envy

Is the Home Opener sold out yet?

12. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Re: Fire open house

was he protesting by doing a "die in" at the open house ;)

13. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Anyone else have any details about how the open house was? Jerseys look good? Many people buying them?

14. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Jerseys are really, really sweet. Not a lot of people there so not a lot of people buying. I would have gotten one or three but I didn't have the funds. Picked up a nice Section 8 t-shirt and a Puma cap.

15. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Pictures? Pictures? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

16. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I have some but it'll have to wait till I can get them uploaded.

17. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No XXL jerseys today. They said they weren't in the shipment they had. I drove all the way from Schaumburg for one. Damn!!!!!

18. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Damn dude! All the way from Schaumburg? That's 20 minutes of your life you'll never get back. :rolleyes:

;)

19. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    I have to say I am in love with the new jersey.

20. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    I have to say I'm in love with New Jersey.

21. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    First post of yours I've seen without:

Later,
    COZ

22. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Whoa. For a second, I thought *I* posted that.

Sometimes, if I'm going for a straight one-liner, I leave the tag out. Plus, it was really really late.

Later,
    COZ

23. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take that back.

24. redzin

redzin New Member

Jan 6, 2000
    I thought I heard PW saying that Beasley may be off to europe this summer...

25. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter Wilt did say if Beasley left and he did mention the month of july, the Fire would be due a "huge" allocation, which I guess is worth even more than the Nowak allocation.They must be expecting an offer the MLS couldn't refuse but of course that is dependant on the transfer market economy and how well he plays the next few months for the fire and national team.