Open Debate

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Green Tabasco, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    posh Not Nuke warheads sitting around but not a load of firecrackers. Seriously if you had that entire sandbox to bury shite in... the good stuff will show up when they are finished laying the foundation for the new Ahjiba Starbucks and a sandstorm blows away the sand revealing a mass grave and Nukes abound in the parking lot.

2. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    I dunno....

I guess I´m being a BIG WHITE DICK.

SRV lover. Texican blues.

3. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ok, who moved this thread from WR to customer service? Hello?

4. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why haven't I heard about this? I would figure this would be plastered all over the news. At least on Fox news.

All I've heard about are those rumored chemical weapons factories on wheels that never amounted to shit. We also knew about these weopons long before the war. He used them on the kurds.

Why is it that it's taken two years to find something? This reeks of something.

I also must add that these reasons for putting us on the verge of WW III are hardly worth it. I maintain that we had that mofo under control. Colin Powell even stated so a year before we invaded. He specifically stated that we had the situation well in hand. A year later, somehow he is a menace that needs to be dealt with ASAP.:confused:

The Bush's have had an interest in that land as far back as the current presidents grand daddy. We we're better off not going in. It's as simple as that.

I've also read that pre-intelligence reports about going in to occupy the land would require we be there at minimum....50 yrs.

Is that really what you want?

5. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Apparently Wonka hasn't been able to keep this thread as originally intended. He want's to debate now, before we've selected judges and such.

The whole thing is a mess thus far.

I think Wonka is bored.

6. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Hehe, well night ya'll. Its that time ;)

7. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    *takes a deep breath*

I want this "IDEA" to work.

I really do.

8. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well then what's up with the premature ejaculation?

I've posed the questions as to how this thing should be run and how we will go about getting it into place.

You responded by challenging me to a debate about whatever.

How are we going to do this? How do we choose the judges? Who get's to debate? Is it open or pre determined who is allowed on said topic?

If you're for real then let's settle the rules. It will be complicated.

9. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    I´ll ask YOU ALL.

Have I been a Dick about this "IDEA".

Did I pressure any of you?

Is my "IDEA" sound?

10. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liberal media? ;) :D Maybe you missed it. It was classified information the last 3 years, just became unclassified last month. One would figure Fox news would want to plaster this in all the hippies faces but I wouldnt know if they did or not I cant stand watching.
    "500 chemical weapons in Iraq since 2003." I think that means it was a running tally.
    Naw Iraq isnt worth WW3, they start really pushing their luck then we really get pissed of and start trying(killing) for real. Operation glass desert. Korea, Iran, Israel, or China are in the front of the line before Iraq they have to wait their turn. I dont think we really had this egomaniacal sociopath under our thumb, dont care what was said this isnt a guy you can just check. He only understands violence and he got it. This was kind of a fun read/skim on his psychological profile done by Dr. Jerrold M. Post.
    More than the Bush's imo, Saddam who is a guy who's personality is drastically improved by death or living the rest of his life in a steel cage on the bottom of the ocean. And if we go in to cut the head off the govt we have to stay and fix the mess, its the price we pay for sticking our noses where we dont really belong.
    Personally, 50 years, no. Although Id sure like to see that in writing. I hate people who dont believe if their is no link but it would make me happy. :D I feel that Bush was sold on him doing this was a pre-emptive strike on the "next Hitler". But it sure does speak volumes on where we do go to save the world and where we dont go huh.

11. Ali_reza

Ali_reza Member

Mar 1, 2006
    I like the whole idea.

For me, it depends how long the debate will be ? If it takes more than 15 - 20 minutes, i'm not sure i can continue.

But it's a nice idea Wonka.

12. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure you will have a nice audience. Should be a hoot.

13. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hell, sounds like fun.

I'll give it a whirl! what's the current topic so I can decide which side to endorse?

14. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Relax. Three hours in the Customer Service forum is not very long. Give it a couple of days, but don't let the idea die - it is a good one.

Thoughts:
    1 - The judges should have at least 1 moderator.
    2 - The forum the debate takes place should be in the forum of the (or any) moderator who is a judge. This way that specific thread(s) can be locked so just the debators can post in that thread without all our other garbage/interlopers
    3 - The topics should be soccer only, or at least non-current politics. current politics can become too heated too easily, and there is too little in concrete evidence and widely varying opinion - current events and politics should be out.
    4 - There should be pre-determined list of subjects. The judges will then select a subject for debate and provide that topic to all the posters. The number of subjects should be larger than the number rounds, but not too large. Say if there are 10 rounds, then there should be 12 or 15 topics/subjects.
    5 - It should be a simple debate. Point, counterpoint, responce, retort, final statements, The debate should be 6 posts long (or 7 with the initial subject at the first post).

That is all I have for now.

16. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's good to know I'm not the only one with these "crazy ideas." You wouldn't believe the looks of incredulity I get from some of my awesome Bush-loving friends. :)

17. The Älpha Male

The Älpha Male BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2006
    This thread is perfect for Metrofreak to make her return. :D

18. AMAPO

AMAPO Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Krypton City
    Club:
    Laredo Heat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in, WTF are you guys debating about though? the debate itself? Bush? Saddam? WMD? Iran? Israel?

We need some organization here!

19. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    I agree. I suggest an entire subforum created somewhere with Mods and the whole sha-bang. 3 or 5 judges (1 mod-2 regulars, 2 mods-3 regulars etc). The elimination round must be structured correctly and a time frame specified. The same for all rounds.

This whole "Open Debate" competiton has the potential of becoming a Big Soccer Classic.

20. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    What is the official stance on 'Yo momma' jokes?

21. AMAPO

AMAPO Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Krypton City
    Club:
    Laredo Heat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they're soooo a decade ago!

22. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Two-game suspension and CHF 5000 fine

23. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    ***************FIRST SUBJECT***************

Zenadine Zidane got a 3 Ban suspension and a Fine for his Head Butt.

Marco Matterazzi got a 2 ban suspension and a Fine for his Harsh Words to Zidane.

Fair?

Not Fair?

Your thoughts...on the subject.

...and maybe even on a structure of a possible debate.

:cool:

24. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No texican rock?:D :p

25. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    Amen. :p