Open Cup [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by In Bob We Trust, Oct 15, 2003.

1. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    Open Cup Lost...Now What??

i was the first person in 16a, within minutes i met extremely friendly ESC guys that welcomed me...four hours later there was one large unified group marching into the stadium...two hours later, the ref blew the whistle.

we're not done fighting for a Cup and we cant lose the intensity and the passion we showed tonight...that said, i want to thank the guys in ESC that made my first experience in 16a and 101 an awesome one (after 8 seasons of arriving 10 minutes before the game and sitting elsewhere)...you guys are great

2. Soccertes

Soccertes Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Open Cup Lost...Now What??

Now we try to prepare for next season and hope for the best. 2003 is over, we're not winning any cups.

3. metro4ever

metro4ever New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Metroland-NJ

I saw you guys ... Great effort and Great showing ...Too bad about the result but Hey The US Open cup is over 100 years old and might be 100 years older so what the heck with our Young talent a bit mature next season we will sure get it Then ...
    AWESOME JOB ESC JOB WELL DONE A+++

4. dcrpoop

dcrpoop BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 15, 2000
    Hell'sKitchen is my

Not to sound like I'm down on the ESC, but showing up in decent numbers for one game ( a championship game ) is good but the club is still not even close to being where it should be. There was maybe 200 people there give or take. Not exactly massive, but nice to see that the metros have passionate fans. Hope to see larger numbers in the future. Did not see alot of new jerseys in the group though.

5. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999

wow. shut the hell up. If you don't like it, join in. If you joined in, then start helping some of the few guys that run ESC.

The one thing about last night that wasn't negative was the ESC.

6. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    The ESC were great last night.... i brought some new faces with me and they loved sitting in 101 and listening to the songs and chants... it is too bad we lost.

and to everyone that is saying "this season is over, we're not winning any cups"- your not a real Metro fan.... I'm sure Rev fans last year before the playoffs had the same mentality and they made it up to the MLS cup final....

If there is one thing that this Metro team has learned under Bradley- it is to never give up and fight till the end. We are still very much in the race!!

VIVA METROS

7. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Open Cup Lost...Now What??

No need for the insults - his basic point stands, and I think most ESC supporters, especially the ones that have been around for a long time, will agree to some extent. From what I saw on TV (whenever FSW deigned to show Metro supporters instead of a handful of Chicago twits on their cell phones) we were pretty good, but we should be a damn sight better by now. So we go on figuring out how to make that happen....
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metros_ESC/

8. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    With McOwen's Monkey
    Re: Re: Open Cup Lost...Now What??

dcrpoop is pretty open about his view that the ESC did a fine job last night, but he is commenting that the numbers for last night should be constant, that for our fan base, we should always have 200 in the ESC. Quite frankly, I think its the management of the club and the real inability to try direct the club. The answer always is: "If you don't like it, change it." That's just stupid. The ESC is a fine club with great supporters and passion, but lacks directions and meaning. Sorry if that sounds harsh, it just is.

9. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Open Cup Lost...Now What??

No doubt. That's why I put that link up to the Yahoo list there - because that's a better place to discuss things like 'club direction' than this.

We need direction, we need plans - it's all true. We also need enough people to help out a little, so that not everything falls on one person's head. It's a particularly thankless and time-consuming thing to be doing 'for the love', and the people who put together what we saw yesterday, plus the bus trip, plus other things, have got to be commended for doing an incredible job.

But I've been saying for a couple years that we as a group haven't quite figured out what we want to be, as a supporters club - because there's different ways of doing it. The first step might be in coming to some sort of general consensus on that. Again, the list.

10. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    i saw the game on FSI on a TD and i was a wee dissapointed but not too much coz i was glad Chicago fans have had something to cheer about after the Cubbies heartbreak

11. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Fcuk the Fire fans and fcuk the Cubs.... the Metros lost!

By the way, what is the Cubs?? Is that Baseball??

12. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    how ignorant can you be?

OFF COURSE the Chicago cubs are a baseball team but they haven't been in a WS since 1945 and didn't won the damn thing since 1908 so i feel sorry for them a wee bit
    and they remind me some of the Metros as a first class losers

there's always next year eh?

13. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ

lol dude i know who the Cubs are... i can be ignorant but not that ignorant

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

Have you signed up for an ESC membership yet? You'll feel even better when you do :)

15. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Not as ignorant as those who can't tell the difference between serious and sarcastic.