OOPs

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by On the Road Again, Dec 6, 2007.

1. On the Road Again

On the Road Again New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Waiting on more info.

2. DDT5583

DDT5583 Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Is Juan Carlos Gone???

Where did you hear it, or "Would these be the type of people who you think would know anything?"

3. On the Road Again

On the Road Again New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I think the source is reliable but I think I want to verify it with other sources.

4. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the heck was the rumor? Come on doods its offseason, the masses are hungry for any kind of info, legit or not!

5. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    US
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I second that

6. TheMizzu

TheMizzu Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He originally posted that Juan Carlos Osorio is already gone, I read it right after he posted it. We should probably wait for more info and then begin a riot.

7. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, wait, this IS BigSoccer. Start the riot- right. Now!

8. TheMizzu

TheMizzu Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good call, I already flipped a car.

9. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell yeah! I'd go throw a brick through a window or something, but I think I'll get some sleep and come up with a better idea for tomorrow. Keep fighting the good fight...

10. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah damn, I thought it was a positive rumor.

*readies Molotovs*

11. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

i heard this to last night, on espn radio ...:(, not that he left but if a certain condition is not met for osorio he will begin talks with the red bulls.

12. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, not without the Fire's permission he won't.

13. WJMarx

WJMarx BigSoccer Supporter

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. But if Osorio wants to leave should he be forced to stay?

I would allow RBNY to speak to him only in exchange for a player (Fire selected) or a 3rd round super draft pick with the stipulation that if they eventually sign him a then a 1st round super draft pick is added to the package.

14. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

so yeah, uhm the guy that stated this news on espn radio is a colombian guy that is really good friends with osorio. so we'll see what happens in december.

15. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but the Fire deserve fair compensation if he were to leave.

There is a discussion on this issue already so I don't want to get into a debate on what "fair value" is.

16. Firefan72787

Firefan72787 New Member

May 14, 2007
    this shit has gone on long enough let him leave and lets get something in return and let Denis take over the team.

17. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Other then loyalty to the team (an admirable quality) why Denis? He's filled in before but he seems to be nothing more then a background guy. the man has been an assistant since the beginning has filled in as head coach and has gotten nothing more then the polite interview for coaching vacancies for the Fire and others. Im not saying he shouldnt get a decent shot at coaching the team, im just curious as to why some people think (or know) why he should.
    I mean why hasnt he been offered a job by anyone in his decade as Fire asst.?

18. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  19. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They have nothing of value equal to Conde, outside of their forwards who I bet they're holding onto pretty tightly.

21. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Angel and Altidore for Osorio alone or no deal. Conde is a different matter altogether. Let's be honest. They get Osorio, which means they get his brain and his notebooks. *Surely* he can fill whatever roster spots they need to replace just by getting him, right?? Angel and Altidore... pay up.

22. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Osorio's Notebook:

1. bread, milk, eggs

2. pick up laundry

3. get job in NY so wifey will start having sex with me again

4. oil change

23. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    LOL

24. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Guppy needs to start playing some serious hardball in this.
    I dont know how much Osorios making , but I think best way to handle this is a contract value swap.That is if Osorio is making 250K a season we get to choose up to 250K in players from the heifers.Our choice not theirs.Neither the heifers nor Osorio should have a say in this.
    I dont want future draft picks or other speculative crap, i want real goods.. proven commodities that have played in mls and are a known value.This shit NY keeps pulling should not be tolerated and a clear message should be sent.you want to keep stealing coaches from us.. your going to pay!!

25. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    To Andell Holdings

Greetings benevolent owners of the only US soccer team which matters.

We dedicated supporters are furious. MLS is attempting to forge a superclub format favoring the coasts. It isnt new. Five years ago we were forced to allow New York to poach our coach. Garber is allowing, encouraging!?!, that process again. The Chicago Fire is not the St. Louis Browns of the forties. We are NOT a feeder to aggrandize the coastal pirates. Its imperative, right now, to make it clear that the Fire will attain superclub status, without regard to the wishes of league management, through merit, not subsidy. We will not allow ourselves to be cannibalized for the benefit of other clubs. The long term viability of the Chicago Fire as a competitive entity hinges on this coaching cycle. We NEED the work ethic, ambition and contacts of J.C. Osorio. If the club dwindles into the Third Coast Crew we will loose interest. Dont let this happen. Do not allow Red Bull any, ANY, inroads into our organization. Nip it in the bud. Stop them. Pound on the table and tell Garber to make LA give them Guillit.

If we are forced to give up Osorio (and probably Conde) in exchange for anything, even a handfull of magic beans, I cannot guarantee that this years superdraft will be allowed to progress smoothly.

Dont let it happen.

HerthaBerwyn
    Section 8