Oooh! Petro Dollars Buys EPL, UEFA & FIFA.. But Can't Buy Youuu! Hey Jude! Bellingham Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think we played many games without either of them starting. One game I remember is our first La Liga match at San Mames and we won 2-0 dominating that game. Midfield was Fede, Tcho, Camavinga and Bellingham. One of the toughest away fixtures in La Liga. That's why I want to see the same midfield and 4-4-2 system next season with Vini and Mbappe up top.

S1na, J-Mezzy, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali

Captain talk from a 20 year old.

S1na, MiamiNative0722, saadomar and 5 others repped this.
  3. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    From my vague memory, I didn't think the young midfield starting together did very well. Otherwise, Kroos wouldn't have started so many games.

PeXXeR and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Wow, I just visited the last pages of the forum... damn, what a trip through memory lane. RONALDO TO MADRID!!!

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

S1na, saadomar and Shay Z repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1156 Saeta Rubia, May 30, 2024
    Last edited: May 30, 2024
    Or because Kroos did extremely well as rotation starter unlike Modric early on in the season which meant him replacing Camavinga.

After San Mames where we won comfortably, there was rotation and Kroos started. His brilliant ball to Bellingham set up Jude's 2-1 header and he bossed that entire game. So it was Kroos earning a starting spot rather than Camavinga doing anything wrong in San Mames.

Also let's not pretend like Carlo doesn't have a thing for experienced players. Even when Kroos - Modric midfield struggled playing together as starters last season, Carlo persisted with it.

7. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jude Bellingham valued as the most valuable player in the world at a market value of €280 million by CIES sport. Real Madrid wins the transfer market once again.

The list:

1. Bellingham (Real Madrid)
    2. Haaland (Man City)
    3. Vini Jr (Real Madrid)
    4. Rodrygo (Real Madrid)
    5. Foden (Man City)
    6. Saka (Arsenal)
    7. Alvarez (Man City)
    8. Yamal (Basuralona)
    9. Odegaard (Arsenal)
    10. Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen)
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_...al-madrid-man-city-dominate-top-10-cies-study

Three of the top 4 valuable players play for our club. That's not including soon to join ninja turtle. What a fantastic time to be a Real Madrid fan!

S1na, Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I have a feeling Arda Guler will join that list soon.

saadomar and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    InshAllah.

rrrrrafik repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    How when Wirtz and Musiala joining?

11. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol who is that delusional?

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Digital repped this.
  13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sidenote, anyone notice the rash on his face during the Final? Was throwing me off when watching his interviews and even saw it during the game.

Aensensen, Anon., Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  14. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Pedri just missed out by an inch. Yamal by two.

saadomar, S1na, Aensensen and 7 others repped this.
  15. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't believe he's only 20 years old:

saadomar, S1na, Aensensen and 3 others repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

saadomar, S1na and Aensensen repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1167 Saeta Rubia, Jun 5, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2024
    7 trophies and 70+ games potentially next season. Squad depth is important.

S1na, Aensensen and Anon. repped this.
  18. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably best to get that sorted at a time where missing him won't be detrimental

19. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    Yeah take time, get the surgery, heal and rest. We should be fine and get a fresh Jude back later.

Aensensen, Raul-7 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I wish there was no summer tournament this year so he could get the surgery now and equally important is that he gets a nice long rest. He always says the right things but we can be damn sure last season took an immense amount of energy out of him, moving to a new country and culture adjusting to his new team and environment, adjusting to a new role and then re-adjusting to a modified role mid season and also playing so many high pressure games. That's a lot of physical and mental energy required to pull it off the way he did. Unfortunately, there won't be enough time for everything but if he gets the surgery that will be kind of a forced rest for the rest of his body too.

PigBenis, S1na, Aensensen and 3 others repped this.
  21. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd prefer he gets it sorted properly, even if it means missing pre-season and the very beginning of the league season.

22. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Potentially a big opportunity for Rodrygo to force a 433 next year if he stays and plays well and Jude gets surgery.

PigBenis, saadomar, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I thought of the same thing. if Jude is out for the first month of the season (we have a stupid NT break right after Jornada 1 i believe so that might work in our favor) i don't think Carlo will just plug in Brahim and stick to his original plan. He likes to experiment at the start of the season anyway. Let's see how it shakes out. Next summer don't we have that frickin CWC in the summer. So the players are just expected to play non stop. This is going to come to a head soon. Enough players will eventually come together with one voice and force some change. We are going to crazy territory now. I know money drives the world, i am not naive, but damn there should be some limits.

PigBenis, Ahmadi8, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  24. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Some are saying he could be out until October. 433 was chosen for us.

Anon. repped this.
  25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Rodrygo is too proud at this point to agree to staying for the sole reason that Bellingham could possibly be injured until October. He is a starter now and doesn't want to depend on someone else going down for him to fill in. The whole "there is enough minutes to go around" argument could work for a rotation player, but Rodrygo doesn't see himself that way. And honestly, we already play like we're a man down all the time, having a trio of Rodrygo, Vini and Mbappe in front of a midfield that can barely hold on to the ball or defend as a unit against stronger teams would look pretty bad. I'm for keeping the 4-4-2, with Modric or Ceballos instead of Bellingham.