Oooh! Petro Dollars Buys EPL, UEFA & FIFA.. But Can't Buy Youuu! Hey Jude! Bellingham Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 7, 2023.

1. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    He was surprised by the gift, a split sec and it's gone.

2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We never were supposed to judge this guy off of goals and assists. Those are good things, but we never should have been as reliant on his contribution in that manner.

First half of the season, he came out guns blazing with goals and now he's getting judged by the media whenever he doesn't score. That's not fair because he still does an incredible amount of work both ways.

That being said, I do also think he's not in his best form. Even without the goals and assists, I don't quite see the dribbling and line breaking he was providing earlier in the season. Of course, he needs to be on the pitch for every important minute and we can hope he will turn it up a level.

However, long term, I'm curious if his role will move further and further back if someone like Mbappe comes. Perhaps we should consider going back to a 433 with him being the most advanced midfielder.

Ssr9, Shay Z, MerlinRM and 3 others repped this.
  3. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Not to mention in baseball that, unless you've played against that type of velocity (most people haven't), you can't even comprehend how quickly a 96mph fastball gets on you standing from 60'6" away.

Shay Z repped this.
  4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The hardest thing to do in sports, in my opinion. QB is a difficult position to play too but hitting a high velocity pitch with even a little movement on it, i don't know how these guys do it.

temesgen and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1030 saadomar, Apr 16, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    Graham Hunter writes how Jude Bellingham turned down City for Real Madrid because he always wanted to play for this club. Despite City's best efforts to lure him. What I found interesting is how Graham goes into what influenced Jude as a kid. He used to watch this show called Revista De La Liga in the UK. He also gave Sid Lowe flowers (mistaken for Graham i think) for being on a la liga show in the UK. So Jude clearly followed a decent amount of La Liga as a child. He was captivated by Real Madrid's ability for impossible comebacks. La Remontada.

Needless to say, Jude himself has already been part of a few of these. The first Clasico comes in mind. He was undoubtedly the primary instigator of that win. His belief in the "it's not over until the final whistle" has been the driving force for where Real Madrid is in La Liga. He even almost got that win from a Brahim Diaz cross, and couldn't believe when the referee stole that play (and points from Madrid). Good read.

Let's hope a remontada isn't needed against City and Real Madrid can win outright. But it's refreshing to see a player become so ingrained in the club philosphies and culture before even completing a full season at Real Madrid.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_...manchester-city-champions-league-quarterfinal

Deep Pal, Anon. and sneakking repped this.
  6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Revista De La Liga was a must watch for me back in the day. It was the only La Liga studio show of any substance around at that time.

His dad was/is a big Zizou fan so i am not surprised they had La Liga games on at their house.

Deep Pal, saadomar and Anon. repped this.
  7. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Winning matters. If we were not so successful in the previous decade we wouldn't be able to attract players like we have.

The school I teach at have Madrid and Barcelona fans but I'm starting to see a lot of City and PSG.

Deep Pal, saadomar, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  8. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Good points.
    I thinks Benz leaving, Vini's early injury and Rodrygo's poor form in the first part of the season made it absolutely necessary for Jude to carry the load offensively. As our attack slowly picked up steam as the season progressed, our "need" for him to perform offensive heroics decreased...

I believe the leadership load he carried early in the season had the effect of tiring him out a bit and this was felt early in the second half of the season, hence the dip in overall form (not just goalscoring). I think he's picking up form again now.... hopefully enough to do serious damage to City in the second leg.

Jude's goalscoring was definitely a "bonus" and not expected to last at that rate. If we sign Mbappe, I would actually prefer for him to be more involved in the midfield work and become more of Zidane than a Kaka. With Kroos/Modric all leaving soon....we need extra magic in the midfield to balance with the steel and energy that are Tchouameni and Camavinga.

arcane, Deep Pal, Galatico and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Just watched his CL pre-match interview and he says that his ankle injury bothered him a lot and he didn't feel like himself for a while. Says it feels good now. He also said that his role has changed in the last 2 months. He is doing a lot more work for the team. So i guess a combination of factors. His early goal scoring really shifted expectations for all of us. Now i look for him to score in a big game but maybe we need to re-calibrate our expectations.

Deep Pal, Ssr9 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Real Madrid could boil down to one individual, it would be Jude Bellingham. I see he is a bit fatigued lately, but he is still the best player in the world and will continue banging in goals, starting from tonight!

11. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Jude needs to see more of the ball imho.

He wasn't influential enough in the 1st leg for me. He needs to be able to dictate the game somewhat.

white_raid2 repped this.
  12. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
  13. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
  14. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Vini looked like he's about to fix a wedgie.

Galatico repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Digital, Shay Z and Deep Pal repped this.
  17. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Ssr9 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I miss a nice Bellingham goal. Against Barcelona, maybe?

zizou555, Digital and Deep Pal repped this.
  19. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Bellingham, Musiala and Dembele were playing up an age group here as they are 2003, the rest are 2002. Shame they never took part in the U17 euros because of Covid.

russian hattie, Digital and Anon. repped this.
  20. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    We managed to sign a supremely talented player who also has no problem doing the dirty work.

What a performance. Ran 15km and left it ALL out there.

Carlo should manage his minutes until Bayern....we want the 15th above all else.

Digital, Anon., Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  21. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    I get the feeling that, if we win on Sunday, we might see some real rotation for the away trip to Anoeta. La Liga will pretty much be in the bag in that case, and while Real Sociedad away is obviously never an easy time, in that scenario we'll have one title locked up and be able to narrow our search on the other. Our next three games after Sociedad are also very, very manageable-looking, so if we're looking for points, we should be able to get them in those games.

So much of being able to narrow our focus on Bayern will depend on Sunday. Even a draw at least eliminates the head-to-head from the schedule, and would clinch the tiebreaker for us as well. Above all else, don't want to lose that game and give Barcelona a renewed sense of hope...+5 with six games to go is better than many alternatives but it's not beyond doubt.

Ssr9, Glide84, MerlinRM and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid