Oooh! Petro Dollars Buys EPL, UEFA & FIFA.. But Can't Buy Youuu! Hey Jude! Bellingham Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 7, 2023.

1. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i mean he won't score 20 every season, he spoiled us too much. With Mbappe/Endrick he will play different maybe and it's ok, he is wordclass and he will adapt just fine.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I just don't see things this way man.

For me Jude was okay.. not bad. He ran a lot and worked hard. He made good passes releasing players. He only had one real opportunity which he hand defenders in his way.

It isn't like he was missing one on one chances or badly curling open shots right to the GK.

Serengeti_Boy and Akramzizou repped this.
  3. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He wasn't that bad, and was crucial for our 1 on 1 high press, how many times did he dispossess their mids as soon as they got the ball? I think we played a decent game, were chaotic in attack and got unlucky with the goals we conceded. If you keep City to only chances from outside, most times you end up with a perfect game, sometimes you have terrible luck and concede two worldies.

Deep Pal, Serengeti_Boy, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  4. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I keep saying but people need to re-watch that and see how we controlled things until Kroos started mailing it in. Once Toni did that we lost shape and players had to leave their area to cover for him... which led to those open space chances for them to score those worldies.

Credit on them for striking those balls perfectly, but that never occurs if Toni either covers his space correctly or request to be subbed because he is fatigued and can't continue to do so at a high level.

5. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    That's why I say we partner Valverde and Camavinga - we need that high-energy in the defensive third. Then unleash Rodrygo and Brahim on the wings with Bellingham in the 10.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't know if changing how we play is the right move to make.

We just really need Carlo to have someone watch Kroos and the second he stops running, pull him for Modric.

That and hope we finish our chances.

Shay Z repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    The crazy part about it is the guy just stopped giving effort our of no where. I can't even blame Ancelotti.

I mean minutes before that he made a key block on a hustle play. Then all of a sudden he can't close down Gvaridol

8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I remember the time when Kroos and Modric could sustain their level for the entire 90 and then some. Time flies and gone are the days.

Nowadays, Carlo has to have those two share the load of one player.

What I'm contemplating is if its better to start with Kroos or with Modric.

9. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People on here are really under appreciating how much physical work he put in to press City. But pressing can become ineffective and tiresome very quickly if others on the team are not doing it to the same levels, and add to that the fact that City maintain possession so well, as a player you often end up chasing shadows.

I think this is an area for Carlo to work on with the team, to be honest. The team press vs. individuals pressing.

Shay Z repped this.
  10. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I do think most people recognized that Carlo's press was for the most part effective, specially in the 1st half.

But they also saw that he waited too long to make subs when the team was tired.

This team just isn't meant for sustained pressing. So it's a difficult balancing act for the manager.

Shay Z and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  11. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And this is my point, someone (ideally Carlo) needs to figure out what pressing system should be implemented, given the personnel, fitness levels, strategic subs, etc. Individual pressing, which was Jude continued to do in the second half, isn't effective.

natenate101 repped this.
  12. PeXXeR

PeXXeR Member

Real Madrid
    Sep 24, 2023
    What people seem to miss about Jude is that he is very effective with the deep runs that he does, meaning even from MF, I expect him to score 10 goals.

When a CF comes in, in my mind he should go back to MF, he is a great all around midfielder.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Around the 11:50 mark. He has a point.

14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I actually agree. I shouldn't have said "bad day". I don't think he had a bad day. My point was more that we expected him to be a game winner due to our early season experience with him and that didn't materialize. Which is also ok.

A couple of people in the football media have pointed to the fact that overall we are a young team it stuck a chord with me because i don't usually look at this group in that light, probably because not so long ago we did have an experienced team which dominated europe.

Galatico repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GKznVCqW0AAeFIN.jpeg

This look not ending in the back of the net is one he should be regretting and probably the biggest opportunity missed, although he didn't take a shot at this instant

xmaje, hector_br, Saeta Rubia and 4 others repped this.
  16. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Can someone post the actual video? Seen this picture around everywhere and don't think, from memory, it tells the story

17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Starts at 7:48. He just didn't realize it but if he just pulled the trigger as soon as he got the ball, it would've been an easy one on an open net.

He ends up taking some touches and then cooking some defenders and missing a decent chance out of it, but when he receives the ball in the pic is when he should've fired immediately.

hector_br, Deep Pal and Raul-7 repped this.
  18. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    It's also a testament to how amazing they are. They don't play like a young team.

Shay Z repped this.
  19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I think we should start with Kroos, we don't know what type of game it's going to end up being, we have an idea but these do or die clashes can become a runaway train sometimes. Carlo and Davide need to keep a very close eye on Toni, the quick hook should be ready and Modric brought on. But all this is very very game flow dependent.

Ssr9 repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You can't trust Kroos to run late so why would you make him the sub?

You don't need to change the lineup, just plan a early time to pull him once you notice his workrate drop.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What I like about football more than any sport is how different it looks on tv than on the field.

By that I don't mean playing. I mean just standing at the penalty kick spot makes everything look wildly different. I can't describe it. The goal looks huge and tiny at the same time depending on where you're standing.

Hard to compare to anything. I haven't played baseball or hockey but I've never experienced any other place where scale and angle is this misrepresented on tv. The opposite has to be the pool table, where you stand in front of it and everything feels familiar. Making that shot is probably way harder than it seems from this perspective.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Baseball for sure has that same feeling

4x4s repped this.
  23. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Screenshots can dramatize things a lot. Without having seen the video since the game itself, I'm pretty sure in that moment Jude had just received the loose ball, probably had no reason to think the GK was that far out of his net (what was he doing out there to begin with?), and by the time Jude would've even noticed, the 'keeper had an angle to get back towards his line and snuff out the danger. Jude was on his weak foot and hardly had any chance to get momentum behind himself to get off a strong shot from that kind of distance.

Just my feeling, but I feel this one looks a lot worse than it actually is.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  24. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very true, and I don't know if in Europe you get the same "goal probability powered by Microsoft" BS we get here in the ESPN La Liga feed, but a lot of times things like that are very disconnected than what someone in a in-game scenario goes through. For example, Brahim techinically scored in an open goal against Atleti in the super cup, but anyone who's played the game knows that's a very difficult goal go score with your first touch, at that distance, while heads down sprinting.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and 4x4s repped this.
  25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Spot on. Baseball is like that too. You go stand in the batters box and seems like the pitcher is right on top of you and first base is a mile away. But i've felt this way most acutely on a football pitch. The perspective from TV to sitting in the stands to standing on the pitch is wildly different.