Oooh! Petro Dollars Buys EPL, UEFA & FIFA.. But Can't Buy Youuu! Hey Jude! Bellingham Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 7, 2023.

1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just always has the right thing to say

ImadEdd, Ssr9, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    How they speak about AG we may not even need Mbappe or anymore attack reinforcements

Digital, Deep Pal and ahnaf repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For what it's worth Kroos called Bale one of the best players in the history of the sport and a legend. Literally he said "at the very least, we'd all have 1 CL trophy less without him".

The realization that Spain likes players to sell it a bit more when it comes to the extra stuff outside of the field shouldn't be taken as if it's an insult.Whether Bellingham does it as a part of his job or because he really likes it is pretty irrelevant, especially since everything is new to him and this relationship is still fresh. If it's like this in 8 years, we can count ourselves lucky, but it shouldn't be expected.

As i've said, Kane has been very much like Bale was in Munich, it's just that the culture there is different. Players are expected to score goals, smile for pictures and then disappear.

4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    So did Kroos and Modric sell it a bit more or were they the same as Bale?

5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perhaps, who knows, personally looking in from the outside which is the best that i can do, right now I still don’t see any major differences at this time months into Jude’s career, team seems to love Jude, looked the same to me months into Gareth’s time in Madrid, fans love Jude, same for Gareth at that time, I can’t see any deeper than that.

6. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes yes very funny. So since he doesn't do that (that was your point right), tell us what he actually does.

Literally Bellingham's statement was he gave me more freedom.

Honestly, even five-year olds know that Carlo Ancelotti does not put an emphasis on tactics and much as other top coaches do. He himself admits so. If you prefer this type of coach rather than a tactical, thats your right and its perfectly fine. But falsely denying the basic premise just so you can mock someone here is a method that doesn't suit you.

7. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love Jude, absolutely do. He seems like a very likeable person and a player that fits perfectly within the club culture. He works hard, leads by example, and has leadership qualities beyond his age. Fans get attached fairly quickly woth these type of players. Having said that, I think some people forgot those first few months of Bale. When he got the ball, the whole stadium seemed to fall silent (or go crazy!), expecting some superhuman sprint, an insane shot into the 90, or something similar.

Digital repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's his personality though. It's similar to Rehhagel saying there aren't any old or young players, just good or bad ones. That doesn't mean he didn't understand the difference between age and recovery etc. you're just breaking down the message to it's most foundational basics.

Also, coincidentally, i was listening to a report about Nagelsmann and the national team where the chief editor of the sport section for one of the biggest German daily newspapers said that Nagelsmann talks of an "asymmetrical four man defense" (using Havertz in the back 4) and players often just look at him wondering what the hell he's talking about and he in turn looks at them like they are stupid.

As coaches get more experienced, they learn how to break down their concepts to basic ideas. When Vinicius made a couple of hero runs and went on a bit of a solo tour, Carlo pulled him to the side and told him "this is not how we play". That doesn't sound like somebody who tells players to just wing it, does it?

ahnaf and russian hattie repped this.
  9. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think what did Bale in was he was alot more vocal or at least to his peers when things weren’t going his way. Modric and Kroos just give off a different aura. Great teammates and leadership. Never got that vibe from Bale unfortunately.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  10. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Waving his golf is more important than Madrid flag around might have had a bit to do with it as well though.

11. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How do you allow certain players more freedom? Is it tactical? Or did he just say to Bellingham, do what you want. And suddenly Bellingham decided to just score at the rate of Cristiano Ronaldo. If only someone had said that to him earlier.

Also I would love to know who these other top tactical managers are that Ancelotti just does not compare to. Last time I asked I think someone came up with Guardiola, and one day Xabi Alonso could be.

Digital, Deep Pal and Savior repped this.
  12. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Plus, it's very impressive how with thr new system we started off very defensively shaky but Carlo identified our weaknesses and now we top the league in number of cleansheets. He clearly knows what he is doing, and he clearly does it very well if he has been successful at this level for this long.

Digital, Glide84 and Shay Z repped this.
  13. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Nah dude. Before Granada, the defense still looked shaky. It's just that the opponent's couldn't finish.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Modric is an incredible figure for the national team as well.

If you played a team sport there are guys that are socially gifted and manage to get along with everybody and help them without being an ass hole.

Kroos and Modric have completely different requirements to Bellingham, Jude is the talk of town, the biggest star in the Spanish capital.

He's done great in setting the tone for himself.

You can go further down the ladder and look at Jovic. Moved to Madrid and brought friends along, left the country at any and every free minute he had. It's difficult to get used to something when you don't want to.

15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Correct, exactly my point, at “this” stage in both their careers in Madrid there really is not any difference, Gareth then went on to alienate the fans, I can’t tell the future but I don’t think it will go like that for Jude, rather the opposite.

16. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I hope the one person on here who uses most of his time playing Football Manager doesn't see this. He's far more knowledgeable than Don Carlo, and knows how this team should setup and who should play, he'd have you believe :D

17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    So, you basically want posters to post the same praising over and over again with no questioning or debating Carlo's decisions.

Imagine how fun the forum would become, Bobby. It would be probably as fun as you are at parties. :D

18. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    No, Just ensure you praise when it’s due, which that poster hasn’t done once.

Now, back to your basement, this don’t even concern you lol.

19. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Oh right, I post from a basement in my mother's house, right? 2001 called, they want their insult back.

20. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think the issue with Bale really started once the injuries became non-stop and there was a decline in his game.

In the beginning and for years after while we were winning, there wasn't any animosity and he was loved. I don't remember hearing much about his Spanish or lack of it or the golf stuff until he declined and/or wasn't as available for us anymore because of injuries while he happily played for Wales. After that it festered and became what it became at the end. I feel like the last few years have kind of blinded folks to how the Bale era actually was in the beginning and middle.

Jude's personality is clearly different than Bale. He exudes extrovert energy.

It also helps that we have a group of talented star players who are in that same 20-24 age range as he is who also have no wives/kids. Not surprised they've bonded and it shows not only on the field but off of it as well.

21. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ssr9 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is the best player in the world. His impact is insane and it goes so much beyond stats. He completely galvanizes the team, literal definition of making everyone around him better. I feel Kroos in particular plays so much better with him, but so does everyone honestly. He just spurs everyone to victory, the team's mentality as a whole is different this year - more focused and hungry. And I attribute it to him.

Really we struck absolute gold; I was never as wrong about any player as I was about Bellingham. And thats despite believing hes a top 5 midfield talent in the world. :ROFLMAO:

Shay Z, Ssr9, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  23. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Jude is a lot like Cristiano Ronaldo.

You have CR7 with the starters, the game virtually starts at 1 - nil.

You have Jude in the starting lineup, Madrid virtually starts with 12 men.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  24. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    In the stands at Sunderland today to watch his brother play

[​IMG]

Shay Z, temesgen, Digital and 4 others repped this.
  25. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    My only worry is about keeping Jude as fresh as possible.

Hope he can skip the Copa del rey match (just before the super cup).

I know him resting partly depends on quick Vini can come back....given the overall lack of firepower in the squad.