Oooh! Petro Dollars Buys EPL, UEFA & FIFA.. But Can't Buy Youuu! Hey Jude! Bellingham Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 7, 2023.

1. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bale saw it is “playing the game”. Bellingham comes across as very genuine.

This was never about ability or what he has won either. Right now Bellingham is loved by the fans more than Bale ever was at any point during his Madrid playing days. I don’t think it’s unfair to say Bellingham could teach Bale a thing or two about how to endear yourself to the fans.

2. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Football here was a 9-5 job for Bale. There's nothing wrong with that, not everyone is hardwired and psychotic about winning like Sergio Ramos, Ronaldo, Jude etc

These personalities exist in every workplace.

MerlinRM, Ssr9, ahnaf and 3 others repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale specifically says that he didn't want to be endeared. He just wanted to stamp his card in and out and go home.

He treated playing sports like work and was treated like a villain for it.

People that wait outside the Bernabeu to throw rocks at a player and attack his car are not normal human beings, neither should a player have to jump through all those hoops that Bellingham is jumping through to be appreciated.

Benzema didn't do any of the fan service Jude does either. This isn't a one size fits all. Everybody has his own approach. I think Bale is right in pointing out that in Spain fans expect a bit more public "selling", which is why you see some guy from Germany talking about La masia and the culture in Catalonia as soon as he puts on the gloves for Barca. It's part of the survival kit.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  4. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don’t remember him saying he didn’t want to be endeared? I remember he had a problem when fans vocally expressed they didn’t actually appreciate him not putting in more effort.

Also you’re missing a big part of why he was treated like he was. It wasn’t that he just treated it like work and out of nowhere was booed. He actively showed everyone that he didn’t consider Madrid as that important to him, with his wales golf Madrid flag.

I don’t know what all that stuff about throwing rocks at players is about though, nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Akramzizou and RMadrid2222 repped this.
  5. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Which begs the question, why was he interested in playing for Madrid?

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why should that be of any bother to me?

Him absolutely torching Barca in a final to score one of the best goals in modern Real Madrid history is what matters.

Bellingham hasn't achieved anything yet. If we stand with empty hands come the end of the season, his contribution so far has been a cool goal celebration.

Such a nonsensical discussion.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  7. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The discussion should be about whether Bellingham could show Bale how he might endear himself to fans a bit more. You took the discussion somewhere else as if we are comparing their achievements.

Ahmadi8 and RMadrid2222 repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale literally said it's best he doesn't do what I did.

It's also funny that people act like Bellingham has to endear himself to Spain but post "omg, Spain is so racist" in another.

Give me a break.

9. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I'm just curious what was Bale's motivation in joining and staying at the club.

He doesn't strike as the kind of character that would enjoy what comes with the playing for Madrid.

10. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    #810 RMadrid2222, Dec 2, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    He was doing more than just great until aftee rhe cardiff final. After that, and getting his renewal, for me at least it seemed, the club wanted him to take over the ronaldo role (he wanted that as well) but then he started to get injured and realized he was never gonna fill that role, he stoppes giving af to a point where he was no loger just being only profesional and not emotinal, but became unprofesional and started to hinder the club with his non field antics.

Lol, what bellingham is doing off field to endear himself to fans is the easiest shit to do in the world. Yoy just have to be a well educated, rational, sentitive, ambitious smart young man. If you combine that with a goal a game for his first 15 games... but thats the hard thing.

I had been a waiter all last year snd was averaging 25% tip in cabos. All I had to do was be a well educated, rational, sensitive, ambitious, smart young man, and i had people floored. Its easy to do but almost nobody does it.

11. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Basically I’m saying I much prefer how Bellingham is going about things than Bale. Bales actual advice was “play the game” with the media and fans. Bellingham hasn’t done any of that, he has been himself and shown a lot more respect and professionalism to the club. It’s that simple really.

I’ve not mentioned Spain being racist so I don’t know where you got that from.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're comparing many many years of Bale marriage to a vacation trip with Bellingham.

At the very least, the Bellingham story needs some breathing space. Everybody is quit to make him the prince of Madrid, sing the praises, but he'll make mistakes as well, and potentially leave us differently than he joined us.

It's mad to turn players into a completed work at this stage. Bellingham at this point is an understudy and honestly some of the hype is quite scary.

13. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So considering all of that, what would you say Bellingham done differently to Bale that has made the fans love him more than they ever did Gareth?

14. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I'm not comparing. I'm trying to understand Bale's motivations of going to Madrid.

15. laundromat

laundromat Member

Jul 20, 2014
    This is what it seemed like to me as well.

I don't remember his form being great to begin with post-Ronaldo but injuries made it impossible for him to prove himself. But he did want to prove himself. It was just those last couple of years that were a PR problem (and the Bernabeu still cheered him on).

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fans ADORED Bale when he first joined us. When he scored the CdR final goal he was a hero.

When you're playing well the fans love you. When you're not performing and you cost the club a lot of money you're made of junk for the fans.

This is universal. Hazard was called a very nice man and a good guy and yet that still didn't matter.

At the end of the day we went from guy like Luxemburgo and Lopez Caro to Ancelotti and people now say Carlo can't coach like we didn't have pinky and the brain on our bench in the past.
    Things chance quickly.

Alaba was loved by all and the chair was sort of considered a hilarious celebration by all and most now call him a diva.

Digital repped this.
  17. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep things can change, doesn’t really have much to do with my point though. If you can’t see that Bellingham has done things drastically differently to Bale then I don’t know what to say.

Savior repped this.
  18. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    He has shown a lot of maturity today. Vini would have continued arguing with the referee until the end of the game.

Nathanial Essex and SirBellingham repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gareth was fine as long as he played well, and I wasn’t his biggest fan, but a few months in I can’t think of a single thing, in comparison, that Jude has done differently to Gareth at this same stage of their time at Madrid, way too early, as noted already a few months into his career with Madrid Gareth was loved as well, in the future, possibly, considering how things deteriorated with Gareth, but right now I see no difference, but, that’s just my opinion.

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Digital repped this.
  21. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Perhaps maybe Jude has shown more effort in learning Spanish and is being more social with his teammates.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale brought his family wife and kids along, at this point your social life is basically 90% covered. Bellingham is the youngest amongst the young guys group. He'll travel, go out, enjoy the nightlife, have fun.

Even guys like Kroos who have enough of a grasp of the language to communicate spend most of their time with the family, and those that surround them (the children are friends with the children of other players and so on).

Kane has mostly done the Bale thing in Munich as well, done the basic club social stuff, but mostly kept to himself. It's just that there isn't anything more expected than that. In Spain people expect you to socialize.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    According to the football experts online Carlo just throws a ball on the field and says dinner at 6, don't be late.

24. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If only we had an elite tactical manager.

Digital repped this.
  25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    So how did Kroos and Modric socialize differently than Bale?