News: Onyewu signs with AC Milan

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by appoo, Jul 7, 2009.

1. HoosierToon

HoosierToon New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Hoboken
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would bet that DeMerits life story has a large part in the hearts of fans.

2. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nor I. I did question his proclivity to play with his upper body too much; that seems to have dropped off quite a bit since 2006, thankfully.

3. Counterstrike

Counterstrike New Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Onyewu had a nice blocked shot against Munich. :D

4. Counterstrike

Counterstrike New Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^Unfortunately after I made that statement Munich rained goals against AC.

Has anyone been watching the rest of the games? How has Onyewu been doing in AC? (I've noticed their club has been struggling this preseason.) I hope he gets more confidence anyway he can get it and really shine through for them.

5. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just take a look through the (seemingly) dozens of onyewu/acm threads and you'll see. acm has looked a shadow of it's former self in the incredibly over scheduled, trans global pre-season. just about everyone has been in for criticism (onyewu, as perhaps the closest thing to a "big signing" may be particularly scrutinized. as a usmnt fav, there is a mini-bs meltown anytime he's involved in a play).

personally, i'm a bit gloomy. rookie coach coming in after a huge talent drain combined with this pre-season doesn't seem to bode well....