Onstad's Goalkeeping Diary

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by San Jose Earthquakes, Apr 13, 2004.

1. San Jose Earthquakes

Sep 27, 2002
    San Jose
  2. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Too bad, he did not mention anything about his excellent ball throwing in DC...
    :)

4. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    I like the fact that although he was disappointed in the attendance, he mentioned that the FANS that were there did a great job and were very loud and supportive. Onstad gets it.

5. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    I was pretty P.O.'d when Cannon left. Then, the first game Pat played in he punched the ball in his own net. I turned to my buddy and said something like, "We're @$#%ed".

Well, as the season progressed, I changed my tune! This guy is awesome! And after he blocked Razov's PK in Carson, and his team was jumping around, the look on his face said something like, "Dammit, we got more time left - celebrate later!". What a pro.

I like the diary. I think it's a good idea.

6. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    When I read his little forward. I was laughing so hard! Man, I luv Pat! As a keeper, I understand how hard it is to feel like the only person trying when you have a defense in front of you that isn't helping all too much. I felt bad for him on sturday, but he played how he needed to play, and he saved our butts! Now if only we could get our moneys worth out of wonder boy up top.........*rolls eyes*

7. Spiro_In_San_Jose

Spiro_In_San_Jose New Member

Apr 18, 2003
    San Jose
    where is Yves when you need him?

8. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, cuz he's never done anything for the Quakes.....*rolls eyes*

9. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SK, sounds like you've been listening to the guy who sits next to me at Spartan: "That goddamn Donovan's the most overrated player in MLS," "That Donovan does nothing but flopping and whining," etc., etc., ad nauseam.
    My favorite quote from this guy (I'm sure that he gained his pleasant disposition by every day and even before the games, having his wife stomp on his scrotum), "What the hell is Donovan doing. He's offside on the goal kick!"

I told someone the other day they should ignore these idiots, but it's hard. If you don't ignore them, hell, you might have a fight on your hands.

10. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna take your advice. I'm sure it will make my days much more enjoyable. Thanks, Albany! :)

11. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    okay okay...I get your point, and I agree, maybe I should have phrased it differently....
    Sometimes, I get very frustrated with him because god for bid if he didnt start (or got subbed, for that matter), and god for bid if he doesnt have the ball played at his feet, and god for bid if somebody touches him when he's got the ball. I like Landon a lot, don't get me wrong, its just that sometimes he frustrates me on the field....ie, last Saturday....
    I mean, look at Dwayne. He gets hammered by defenders all day long, do you see him diving every time he gets nocked about? No, he puts his head down and goes after e'm.....
    my appologies, but I meant it a different way..........

12. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I basically agree with what you're saying brifanatic. I wish LanDo would cut the drama, too. I think, though, that there are some people, like the guy who is near me, overdo the criticism (hell, so many of the forwards do the same thing in just about any of the leagues). He's still made quite a contribution as you say.

13. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    "Saturday 4/3, season opener aganst United -- live on ABC!

Uh oh. Here comes a cross to Moreno... headed to my left post...

"Thursday 4/8

Maybe, I should dive..."

14. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bri Fan, all those things used to make me mad too. But I figured that's just a part of his personality, and I'll take the good with the bad... just gonna sit back and enjoy. (though I think he's got an undeserved rep on the falling down all the time when he's hit. If you look at the tapes, he can take very hard hits and fouls and stay on his feet and still maintain possession of the ball. In fact, it's very, very rare that he loses the ball.)

15. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Pat checks in with another entry of his diary. I do not want to invade his privacy by reading his diary so you guys read it and tell me if anything in there is noteworthy ;-)

16. juliesque

juliesque New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Hi people,

I'm new to the board, and I got such a kick out of Pat's diary I had to say something. I think it's a great idea -- what a way to keep involved with the team.

Go Pat!

Julie

17. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Onstad on the NHL playoffs:

Part III

Good stuff:

Of course, the Sharks will finish the series in four games out of respect for our game against D.C. United on Saturday and the large crowd we expect.

...and...

My prediction is the Tampa Bay Lightning will be skating against the Sharks in early June for the Stanley Cup. I'm sure the sunny states can't wait. I know I can't!