Online video test

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by kopiteinkc, Sep 5, 2002.

1. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is a test, let me know if this works for you. You will need the latest version of Windows Media Player. I get an error message, but then it plays anyway! Oh it should be LFC v NUFC highlights.

http://bengal.missouri.edu/~adamsm/lfc/lfc.htm

2. Flying Weasel

Flying Weasel Member

Mar 22, 2001
    Harrisburg, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried it but it didn't work.

When the Windows Media Player connects to the server and tries to open the clip, it closes out and opens up the "Acquiring License" page of the Official liverpoolfc.tv site. That takes you to the "Log-In" page, and when I log-in, I'm told that "The area of the site you requested is only available to e-Season Ticket Holders." I am a registered user, but not an e-season ticket holder.

So . . . it doesn't seem to work for non e-season ticket holders.

3. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok thanks for the feedback, let me try something else.

4. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is taking me a little longer than I thought, but I "should" have the Newcastle highlights clip ready in about half an hour, we'll see.

5. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ok, try the url above and test it again.

This needs to opened in IE not Netscape and you must have the latest version of Windows Media Player. Just say ok to any error message and wait a few seconds for the buffering to quit. A higher speed connection is recommended.

If this works for someone without e-ticket let me know asap, it should.

6. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Still asked me for the license...

Dave

7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sh!t

Mmmmm, Ok I have it downloaded onto my hard drive and have ftp'ed to my own server, so the file itself must be encoded in some way.

Back to the drawing board. Let me see if I can get rid of the encoding, suggestions are welcome!

8. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to be too terribly cynical, but I'm sure LFC is 8 steps ahead of us on this one. I pretty much guarantee they had the file sharing issue ironed out before they went ahead with the project. They are just going to tantalize me to death until I finally throw my 40 pounds at them or whatever the hell they want for the e-season ticket thing.

I wouldn't mind, so long as it went straight to a transfer kitty for a top right fullback. :)

9. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After my attempts over the last 24 hours I believe you're right. Any hackers out there know how to get around this. I am at a loss.