Online petition to place FC Dallas 96 and the Chicago Fire together in the East

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by ElJefe, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IF that is the rationale - then that is pretty damn weak.

2. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The proof will be in the puding (pooding?)! We'll just see how many more tickets get sold. The presence of Chivas USA & perhaps a new rivalry w/ the SJ/SA/Houston franchise better be overwhelmingly superior for them to ignore the wishes of their fans. We must be custodians of everything FC Dallas says, does or fails to do.

3. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El Jefe.... you are a true die hard fan that should be greatly appreciated by the FO. The fact that true passionate fans are not appreciated is the biggest problem with this organization IMO. Please don't stop being the kind of fan that FC DALLAS BURN needs thousands more of!!! The FO will get it eventually (I hope) Thanks for fighting for the shirt!!!
    PS....Chicago still SUX and Dema is the Devil!!!!!

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got the question and response on tape.

I'll transcribe it.

5. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jefe,
    You may want to boldface the "9-1 vote" portion of the transcript. GE was quite emphatic on the GMs decision. "The GMs have spoken" Reminded me of one Pontious Pilate and the washing of the hands...

6. jwedding

jwedding Member

Jul 21, 2003
    McKinney
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's one heck of a comparison.

I think he just looked at it as a lost cause that he wasn't going to spend more energy on. It would seem that the FO folks think they have bigger fish to fry than fighting against the nine other GMs and the league on which division to play in. Based on attendance last year, I have to agree with that.

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still, it would've been nice if the vote had at least been 7-3.

To me, it would've said, "Hey, we hear you, we want the same thing that you want, but it was all those other darn GMs that were against us." And I would've understood that.

I do give him credit for not BSing us, however. It would've been relatively easy for him to say that he did fight for it and that it was 7-3. It's not like we would've known the difference.