Online petition to place FC Dallas 96 and the Chicago Fire together in the East

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by ElJefe, Oct 28, 2004.

1. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I know that some of you don't really care too much about putting FC Dallas 96 and the Chicago Fire together in the same conference. Some of you don't really care that much the Brimstone Cup at all. Some of you would like to see a single table more than anything else because you want all those cool kids in Europe to like us more.

Then don't bother with this petition.

However, many of us think that the Brimstone Cup rivalry is A Good Thing for the league, many of us think that splitting Dallas and Chicago in 2002 was detrimental to the rivalry, and many of us would like to see Dallas and Chicago together again to help stoke the flames of rivalry.

If you're one of those people, go to http://www.PetitionOnline.com/mls2005/petition.html and let the suits at Major League Soccer know how you feel.

2. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    I signed it :) I love the Brimstone!

3. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Signed.

4. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    Signed. Bitches.

5. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
  6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    crosspost this link in the Fire forum.

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Already done.

8. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    What's this "96" business? FC Dallas is 10 times better.

9. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    96 is the inaugural year of the Dallas Burn. I don't like the 96 in the name either really.

10. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Signed.

If this works - can we start a petition to do away with all white away uniforms for no reason?

Although a devils advocate might say keeping us in the West with 2 expansion teams should help us get into the playoffs for 2005.

11. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    Having FC Dallas in the East in 2005 will also help them get into the playoffs, what with cellar dwellers the Revs and Fire in this conference.

12. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. mls2atl

mls2atl Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    while you guys are at it, why dont you also make a petition to get the name changed from 'FC Dallas' to 'FC Dallas 96'. then you can see if there is enough support to add the 96 to the name.

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't really want FCD in the East but I hate the Fire with a passion so I'll sign.

How about a petition to have us play eachother in the opening game of ULHOWA, so the very first can of whoop ass can be opened on the team that deserves it most...

15. F.C.D.

F.C.D. New Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Dallas
    Love the Brimstone but not going to sign.

Although I would be willing to trade my vote if someone in Penn., Ohio, or Florida would vote for Kerry. ;)

16. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You got my signature!

El Chapus de Chapus El Chapulin Colorado

17. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done.

And fwiw, the "Fire-FC Dallas" opening game of ULHOWA idea has already made it to the team offices and it is being considered/worked on.

18. soccerlube

soccerlube Member

Aug 25, 2003
    Gonzales, TX
    Signed. I want the Brimstone to be a conference game
    plus... We will have more chances to tell Dema "Legbreaker" Kovalenko how we feel about his ball-winning tactics, lack of remorse and hatred toward Ronnie O'Brien.

19. SoccerX

SoccerX Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Republic of Texas
    Ummmm...........

What about THREE conferences?

West: LA Galaxy, Chivass, Salt Lake & San Jose

Central: Dallas, Colorado, Kansas City, Chitcago

East: Metrostars, DC, NE, Columbus

Playoffs we could do a couple of different ways:
    1. Top two in each conference advance PLUS two "wild cards". Use overall standings to determine seedings for league playoffs. Still a laughingstock among pro sports because eight of twelve will make playoffs. But better than eight of ten teams.

2. Conference champions PLUS ONE wildcard. (Don Garber just pooped his pants)

3. Conference champions PLUS next SIX teams with best overall record. It would be possible to have all but one playoff team come from the same conference. Use this method this past season and Dallas would be in and Revs would not.

4. Top two from each conference. Top two point getters have a first round bye.

***All playoffs are two games- one home , one away. Away goals count double. Still tied? Team with the sh!@iest name advances to next round.

OR....six conferences........................

20. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shite, I would use one of my precious vacation days to go to spring training to kick the shite out of him. Of course, I will need Buzz's help to get training schedules. We could also call his room at all hours of the night. We have to make his life a living hell when he is here in Dallas. Oh yeah, petition signed.

21. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you posted this in all of the team site? I bet you there will be other fans that would be interested in signing this. I think it would help our cause if there more than just FC Dallas and Chitcago fans.

22. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, you should get MR TA to sign it as well! :cool:

23. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    He will. I think he was busy at work today, unlike me.

24. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted it in the MLS: General forum, as well as the Chicago and Kansas City forums. I didn't post it in any other forums, because other moderators don't take too kindly to massively crossposted stuff. Plus, I figured that most fans of other teams probably wouldn't give a rip.

I mean, if you're a Metros fan, do you really care?

25. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    Do you think it might be an extra advantage in the east bringing those cold/cool weather teams to the Dallas Summer Heat?