Onion Bag's US Nat Jersey offer

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by TWR, Mar 22, 2006.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    No this is not typical. I'm sure it's got something to do with Nike not sending enough jerseys to meet the demand. There always seems to be delays when it comes to usmnt and mls jerseys.

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've placed four orders now, and on two this has happened. Lousy enough odds to chase me away in the future.

It isn't the delay in receiving the shirt so much as the utter lack of communication. They took all of our emails when we ordered; how hard would it be to email everyone and say "Nike didn't send enough jerseys, we're getting to them as quickly as we can but it'll take a month longer than we expected"?

Someone earlier said to check their message board for updates; OB itself says to use the electronic help desk or leave a phone message (you press '3' for help with on-line orders). I've done both multiple times to no avail.

Since my other delay was neither MLS nor USNT related, and since my main complaint was service both times, I am less inclined to give slack in the future.

3. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One day after you ... March 28. And no responses to my emails.

4. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ordered mine a week before you, Palermo...still on Billing Information Received...no response to the Customer Service ticket I sent last week, either...

5. Fussballman 7

Fussballman 7 Member

Oct 29, 2000
    Dresden, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hilarious! I just called the onion bag and they cannot locate my order in their database at all. No idea whether it was shipped or if they even made my Onyewu and Donovan personalized jerseys. Have already been billed the $146. Ordered on March 31st to take advantage of the deal and now it looks like a mess.

edited:
    Received a phone call about 15 minutes after I talked to I'm assuming Iain and they "found" my order and it was shipped today. Disaster averted.

6. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, nice- one extreme to the other.

Mine is Feb. 25, still waiting.

7. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I received my white and blue personalized shirts on 01 May. Thankfully. My calls to customer service wnet unanswered as well.

8. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoo Hoo! UPS just delivered my away Donovan No. 10 jersey and it's gorgeous. I'm ready for the World Cup to begin now. :)

9. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My blue Olsen jersey showed up on Monday, my wife's white Cherundolo one didn't. I spoke to someone there today who said they were shipping them out as they got them in and hers should be coming along in a few days.

10. NordicStriker19

Apr 21, 2005
    Essex Junction, VT
    Those who were worrying about World Cup numbers, here's the official list.

1 GK Howard
    2 D Hejduk
    3 D Bocanegra
    4 M Mastroeni
    5 M O'Brian
    6 D Cherundolo
    7 D Lewis
    8 M Dempsey
    9 F Johnson
    10 M Reyna
    11 F Ching
    12 D Gibbs
    13 D Conrad
    14 M Olsen
    15 M Convey
    16 F Wolff
    17 M Beasley
    18 GK Keller
    19 GK Hahnemann
    20 F McBride
    21 M Donovan
    22 D Onyewu
    23 D Pope

11. Black&Red#17

Black&Red#17 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Way too far away!
    Has anyone purchased a MNT jersey from the BS Shop? Any problems there? I'd like to get a jersey but am a little weary because of what I read about the OB and US Soccer is a bit expensive. Thanks!

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They only difference is the lettering. Did you see the pic a couple pages back that The Magpie posted? The OB uses authentic lettering (LEFT), BS Shop uses non-authentic, generic ones. (RIGHT)

[​IMG]

13. TwoIfBySea

TwoIfBySea New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    CT+Philly (school)

But did you read my post above? I just purchased from BS a week ago and although I have not received my jersey, you can get authentic lettering if you call in and order. If you just do it online they will probably slap the incorrect lettering on, like magpies. It costs $25 extra rather than the $18 for the bad lettering job. I'll keep you up to date on how it's shaping up.

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Do you mean if you take the USA jersey to ****** will they do the lettering? I am confused about your question. (What school in Philly do you go to?)

15. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    If you call the BigSoccer shop and order and specify "official" lettering and numbering, that's what you will get. If you place your order online, you will get the non-official numbers.

I'm glad I looked at this thread and discovered this. I ordered online without realizing that the numbers aren't official. However, I called and upgraded my order to the "official" numbers. I hope they get it right.

16. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
  17. TwoIfBySea

TwoIfBySea New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    CT+Philly (school)
    Thanks Mike for clarifying.

Eddie- I'm a junior at Drexel. Do you play any sports at Temple? I'm on Drexel's roller hockey team.

18. TwoIfBySea

TwoIfBySea New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    CT+Philly (school)
    That is probably the best site I have seen in a long time-haha.

19. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <meta name="generator" content="Created Using Yahoo! Wizards 2.61.65">
    </head>
    <body background="http://www.geocities.com/clipart/pbi/backgrounds/Template_Business/genericproduct_bg_2.gif" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" link="#0000FF" vlink="#000099" text="#000000"
    >

Mother of God.

20. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
  21. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After all of the hassle, including my ordr being "cancelled" and no phone calls or emails returned, my OB order showed up yesterday. Eddie Pope, away; and it looks fabulous. I'm still dissatisfied with the experience overall, but am pleased with the shirt.

22. TwoIfBySea

TwoIfBySea New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    CT+Philly (school)
    My BIGSOCCER order shipped last night and should be here by tomorrow! Only about a week wait!

23. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate you. :mad:

Nah, not really.

24. Black&Red#17

Black&Red#17 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Way too far away!
    Thanks all! Time to call and order my Benny jersey :)

25. CobrasCiudadJuarez

Jul 16, 2003
    El Paso
    Worst Case scenario, we'll get our XXLs by the time the World Cup starts