OneWorldSports/Eleven Sports Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Sep 5, 2016.

1. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    InterFan76 repped this.
  2. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Awesome!!!! Would have liked to been told by Directv that it was added. OWS is a great channel. I've seen it briefly at my brothers house who has Service Electric Cable of Sparta,NJ

3. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got added to my U-Verse lineup too.

4. GanAimnRGU

GanAimnRGU Member

Aug 5, 2016
    AFC Champions League Quaterfinal
    9/13 6:00AM Eastern
    Jeonbuk Motors v Shanghai SIPG

(1st leg finished 0-0)

5. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evidence that AT&T is negotiating new channels and renewals together for both DTV and UVerse. Slender reed of hope that when GolTV comes up for renewal on Uverse (where it is still in HD) it will appear in HD on DTV as well.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, you need either provider's Sports Package to get the channel.

With U-Verse, the U-450 includes that package.

7. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
  8. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I can tell, this channel is pretty worthless.

Redbullsnation2012 and sitruc repped this.
  9. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I have to say that I have watched less OWS than any other newly added soccer channel. Most of the stuff just isn't that interesting for me. I could care less about NASL; if I'm going to watch Arsenal, I will watch an NBC game within a few hours of broadcast (same with Bayern). The only real interest for me is the classic Barca matches and the documentary stories they do on Barca TV. I love the stories about old coaches and the stories about former strikers. I can't really understand what they are trying to do. Who is going to have access to OWS that doesn't have access to NBC, FS1/FS2, or BeIN? Those folks will have already watched Bayern, Barca, and Arsenal if they are fans of those teams. Hopefully a more stable contract with DTV will lead to some re-assessment of the content. I think DTV would have been better off just giving GolTV HD broadcast status since Gol is a much better channel with a wider range of football properties (to use some biz speak).

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't watch the whole games, but last year I watched the end of the Asian Champions League Final on One World Sports. You also didn't mention the rest of the sports they show. http://www.oneworldsports.com/schedule lists darts, table tennis, cricket, National Pro Grid League, Abu Dhabi Warriors - MMA Match 1, KHL hockey from eastern Europe, and NCAA Football from the Ivy League (yesterday they showed Colgate vs. Yale). I don't know what months these leagues play and if they are still on One World Sports, but in the past they have shown baseball from Japan and basketball from China. I'm not saying One World Sports will or should get a lot of viewers, but I wanted to make a more comprehensive list of what they show.

11. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Absolutely. They have a lot of different types of sports, but since this is a soccer-focused board, that was the focus of my post. I assume some people are super excited to have access to some of the other sports or leagues like Ivy League Football that would not be covered.

12. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I dunno I could see myself watching some NASL and AFC Champions League games

13. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    BTW, although I noted that there is an overwhelming and nonsensical use of club TV channels, that approach sort of pays off this week since Arsenal's League Cup match was not on any other channel. So, Arsenal fans are set. In contrast, LFCTV on NESN does not feature Liverpool's League Cup game. The only (?) option was Danish TV. From this standpoint, NESN's football coverage is even more useless since they passed up the opportunity to have some unique Liverpool game content. And at least OWS does not interrupt games with commercials, whereas YES is useless when they show exclusive Man City games since they edit game to fit in commercials every 10 minutes or so.

14. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both games were on BeIN sports connect. But, yes, out of luck if you weren't able to watch live.

15. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    OWS seems to be done with updating their guide (both on-line and on-screen). I'd prefer to see DTV dump this channel and move an HD version of Gol TV back to the sports tier.

daniloni repped this.
  17. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I kinda agree. Their programming is useless.

daniloni repped this.
  18. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word. 90% of the time, it's just a bunch of people working out.

19. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yesterday I noticed the guide saying they were showing Ivy League football, but they weren't.

20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fios now has "Eleven Sports" on Channel 597 that used to be ONE World Sports. The guide still thinks it's ONE World Sports. The ONE World Sports Wikipedia page hasn't been updated.

21. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Same with Directv Channel 623 it is now Eleven Sports. Does anyone know what soccer this channel will have?

22. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So weird can't find any news on the change of OWS to 11 Sports. You would think they would want the public to know about this new network . Anyone have info on this?

23. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    I have Eleven Sports channels via my IPTV provider. Two from Poland and 2 from Singapore. They show Serie A, La Liga, FA Cup and other stuff. Obviously, those rights are owned by others in the US but this looks like Eleven Sports has taken over One World Sports' properties. This is good news for us as Eleven is an international company that would certainly have deeper pockets than OneWorld. Don't expect miracles but just adding Asian Champions League and perhaps some smaller leagues from around the world has now become a (small) reality compared to what we had.

Trying to dig up some more information and will report.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

24. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I was only able to find info on their international cahannels. Hopefully they get some good smaller leagues to show. Thanks for the info.

25. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fios's online list of what channels they offer doesn't list One World Sports or Eleven Sports.