O'Neill, O'Neill, born is the King of White Hart Lane

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Californiaspurs, Sep 22, 2003.

1. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Re: Just Say No!

That 'crappy Turk' comment isn't meant to sound racist, just in case you think it is. I just think unless you're gonna sign someone like Emre then don't bother.

2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Just Say No!

Man, there must be some real hostility going (England v. Turkey) on for you to make that statement. I knew exactly what you meant...

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Souness would be a bad move. Well, he'd make us decent but not consistently Top 6 and wouldn't do much to put us on the right track or give us a good foundation for the future. This next appointment is vital, apart from the lack of the box-to-box midfield general we have one of the most promising squads I can remember in a long time. The last thing we want is to rush out and get some muppet who will take all that apart and push us into another decade of mediocrity.

David Pleat shouldn't get the job fulltime, I think that would be too much, but he can certainly hold us as caretaker for as long as it takes to get our man, and also play an active role after any appointment is made.

Here's Jamie R's thoughts on Hodd and the future:
    http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/tottenham/story.jsp?story=454796

4. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    agreed. i would not be happy with souness, if that's the best daniel levy can come up with, i'd rather have pleat stay on, or possibly apologize to glenn and give him the job, maybe he and the team just needed a break from each other :)