One Point [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Z010 Union, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One point in the next three games is all we need to return to the playoffs. After Columbus' loss last night.

Today we take on a Twellman-less Rev team that should have a chip on it's shoulder after their last two losses to us. Hopefully, we get the result today and can start resting soe of our tired guys for the playoffs.

2. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    This game is one where we do not need a result since the next game is at home against the yellow football team we all laught at.

That is the game we need and should get a result in.

if we tie the funny yellow football team it is a 3 point swing (+1 for us, -2 for them)

If we win that is a 6 point swing (+3 for us, -3 for them)

either way that is the game we need to get a result in. It would be nice to settle it this week, however it is not a game we need a result in.

Damn if feel good saying that after last season where we had to win everything and pray for help.
    Just one point from where we belong and 3 games to get it.

3. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Bullsh1t. Do you want to be playing Columbus next weekend as they play for their playoff lives, or playing them with nothing save playoff positioning (for us) at stake? With the former, we have to play our top XI, risk injury, and if we lose, that puts a ton of pressure on us home to KC in two weeks. Get a point (or three) today, and we can rest our weary starters for two matches and get guys like Stokes, Caroll, and Esky 180 pressure-free but still quality minutes.

We damn better well play hard today and wrap up the playoff spot.

4. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    eltico

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that we play Carroll, stokes, the lot and write off this game. I agree we play our top XI and go for the win at all costs.

All I am saying is that if we don't get a result this weekend it is not that big a deal we still have 2 other games, both of which are at home and we have usually done well at home. Yes we will have to play a desperate Funny Yellow team, but we will be at home. The last game against KC they may not have anything to play for even seeding wise. They are in the playoff now and by the last weekend of the season they may have the seeding settled in the west.

Yes, play for the win, even if we had everything locked up for the playoffs with homefield advantage all the way I would expect them to go out and win every game.

5. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Fair enough. I guess I misread it:)

Yeah, I hope like hell we can get the points today, because with guys like Olsen and Rimando out our other starters are having to work that much harder. They could use the rest. And our newbies really could use the minutes, so that way Ray has an even better idea of if he can use them, even as very very very late subs, come playoff time.

2-1. They need Twellman. Martins and Earnie bag ones for us, Noonan for them.