one more thing

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Aug 12, 2002.

1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    sorry to be such an annoying bugger
    but I am trying to get used to this site, with all these new features it will take some time

but I just wanted to say hello to my old soccernet crew and tell them that if I am permitted I will post here as much as possible. I missed the entire summer on the old board and when I came back it was full of shyte (sorry admistrator please take that as complement of your great site). It was full of the same people that ruined the boards week in and week out, I think that soccernet actually encourages or may be behind a few of those idiots just to keep people posting and responding. Oh well, on to greener pastures.

Care free.

2. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    fern

I still read a few pages of the Chelsea board on SNet when I can, but when only 1 of 10 posts says something meaningful it becomes rather tedious. I've been on the CFC official site's message board and the BAWA message board recently as well. SNet is on its last legs I believe, we've been trying to get the more reliable posters over here without broadcasting it on those boards. Glad to have you on board.

Quick prediction: 3-1 at the Valley - Jimmy 2, Lampard 1.

3. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Welcome to BigSoccer fernb8,

we need more people on the Chelsea board to counterbalance all the Red team supporting folks in the US.

4. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Uncle Fern (aka dinosaur food)

good to hear from you mate. still trying to work out the bells and whistles meeself, good to know that there will be some good lads on here to chat with whilst listening to the Big Blue.

COME ON YOU BLUES

5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    thanks Monkee, mst and Lowe

mst your statements concerning the other boards were spot on

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Welcome aboard mate

If it isn't me ol talkin partner himself.

Been a while fern.
    How is everyone keeping?

7. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    how are you Clan?

I hope everything is going well with you and yours, are the nippers still driving ye mental?

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Up the wall and down the other side as well fern :)

9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    nice one Clan
    what do you think of this seasons prospects

10. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Hard to say really Fern.. imean we're really relying on the way other people see it.I would like to see for myself to form an opinion.

However....
    De Lucas ....has impressed to date albeit against (vastly) inferior competition.Could be the buy of the summer.

Cummings...still needs time...lots of it.

keenan....reserves most of the year and a handfull of appearances for the first team.

Huth et al....see above.

11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    youngsters

Hopefully Keenan can provide cover in the middle and we can sell the Jody "give me another chance" Morris.

I dont think Raineri would be after this Bassi fella if Huth and DiCesare could hold their own. Perhaps they will be blodded in this season and can fill the void when Dessa leaves.

Cole- I am glad he is a first teamer, but I think he would get more out of a seasons loan to a first division side. Hopefully Leon Knight will return unscathed and contribute next season, is it me or are Chelsea trying to keep a low profile on Leon Knight.