Once Upon A Time in Mexico [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by sch2383, Sep 13, 2003.

1. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I saw this last night. Good action movie, Johnny Depp steals the show. I highly recommend this if you just want to be entertained.

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'm assuming this is a sequel (prequel?) to Desperado?

3. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    A sequel...sorta.

4. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    I really enjoyed Desperado and I thought this would be an improvement on it. I was looking forward to a Starring role from Salma Hayek and her screen time amounts to less than 3 minutes of the entire movie. I just didn't give a flip about any of the characters in terms of the moviemaker getting me emotionally involved in their welfare and how they fit into the storyline. I missed a lot of the humor and funny dialoge present in Desperado. The Director provides almost ZERO investment for his audience in giving any hoot whatsoever in rooting any of the characters on. I also found the movie completely disjointed and the writing was awful. The over the top gratuitous violence got old for me real quick. The acting was good and the stunts were impressive. Johhny Depp's character is completely ridicoulous and to his credit he almost pulls it off. Antonio Banderas does a very fine job with the material he is given to work with. The musical score is good. The picture was filmed beautifully but in the end for me it just amounted to a big pile of steaming rubbish.