Once In A Generation/Thousand Years - The Iker "EL CAPITAN" Casillas Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by blanc, May 9, 2011.

1. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow, this has turned into a mess.
    I'm not convinced that all of the reasons for his sour departure are due to the club's actions. I wonder how iron-fisted he was being with respect to his contract pay-off etc. and how that may have caused Perez to pull rank and "push" Iker out by any means necessary.

2. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think he is just disappointed and hurt. Its tough for an older, declined player to realize 1) he isn't good enough anymore and 2) then be pushed out the door before he thought his time was up.

He stated repeatedly he wanted to stay at Madrid this past season and has also made it clear he wanted to play Euros 16. Almost half of Spain's golden generation retired in the past 2 yrs yet Iker didn't. Maybe a new challenge at Porto will help him find his magic touch and Spain has a good Euros.

It happens all the time. For every Gerrard and Zidane there is an Iker and Raul.

yoanaidarov, RMSocrates and natenate101 repped this.
  3. myohmy

myohmy Member

Jan 10, 2015
    “Florentino has some very ugly details in the closet. He has been very unkind to him and luckily my son has been very strong. It is Florentino who is at fault because my son wanted to retire at Madrid”.

“He [Pérez] never wanted him because he is short,” said María del Carmen Fernández González, the goalkeeper’s mother. “He likes tall [goalkeepers]. He always had an obsession with getting Buffon. My Iker has had to put up with not what is written, he has endured a psychological pressure, he has been given different treatment to other players. He has been vilified for five years. It has all been very unfair and it has taken its toll on a mental level.”

“Florentino set up a smear campaign against Iker. Wouldn't have mind him joining Barça, they have class."

lel

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pisa Studie represent.

Links or keep it quiet.

5. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is what football turned into.this is what most of the fans wanted.

They want a player that performs for money,untill he is done.

They want the player to be perfrct every game every year every minute cos he gets payed good.

Emotions and respect and compassion are no longer qualities of the football fans.

We are now buch of spoiled brats that will never understand why our fathers were listening a match of a radio and cheering and showing more of the previously mentioned qualities

We are real madrid (and when you day that,you think of money and power),and nothing else.even our biggeat star is the biggggggeatttt dick that the world has ever seen.

I dont think that anything is going to change but i wish this utter complete asshole perez to leave this club.and take his god damn money with him.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Obvious trolling, infraction delivered.

Zidane05 repped this.
  7. myohmy

myohmy Member

Jan 10, 2015
    http://www.ibnlive.com/footballnext...door-open-for-injured-valdes-461074-5-21.html

http://www.marca.com/2014/03/28/en/football/barcelona/1395996484.html
    http://www.espnfc.com/barcelona/story/1766488/barcelona-extension-mooted-for-victor-valdes
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spai...u-hints-at-possible-barcelona-stay-for-valdes

8. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    In that interview, Iker's dad admitted he doesn't even speak to Iker. His mom sounded delusional and crazy. Lets not forget Iker sued his parents before and they don't have the best of relationships. What they say shouldn't be reflected on Iker. They could be doing this to annoy him for all we know.

yoanaidarov and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  9. myohmy

myohmy Member

Jan 10, 2015
  10. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Think it's entirely possible that Iker didn't want a testimonial or anything like that brcause he didn't want to risk being whistled at that kind of occasion.

yoanaidarov and Zidane05 repped this.
  11. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What? Ahhaahah wow

12. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Iker's parents have gone senile it's one thing to talk bad about his last team but to also talk trash about his new team says how incredibly stupid they are, they have no clue what is going on in their sons life so they resort to making shit up.

Umar repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  15. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is it really at all outside the realm of possibility? There's a vocal section of the fanbase that hates his guts for whatever moronic reason.

Zidane05 repped this.
  16. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  17. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is,trust me..That section as in every club (at least i have experienced this),are payed mareceneries that follow Perez(in my situation in our local club there were guys payed to do this,I wont be surprised Perez to have an army like this)

18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they threw in with Mourinho and aren't willing to admit he was in the wrong. I have a friend who's got a bunch of ultras connections. Hates Iker, wanted Carlo out, only buys t shirts that support penas/ultra groups instead of jerseys in protest of Perez. Last I talked to him he was against the DeGea move because he wanted the club to bring back Mou and Diego Lopez.

I still dont know what Iker ever did wrong other than let a few goals slide in here and there but every keeper does that and none of them are as credentialed as Iker.

RealMadridista repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iker is certainly not free of any wrong doing, but i think the club missed the point when everybody had to make a decision. Carlo's wishy washy treatment of the position didn't help either. One season Iker is in, the other he's out.

Anon. repped this.
  20. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Highly doubt Iker would have been booed at his testimonial.

RealMadridista repped this.
  21. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No human has ever booed genuine tears.And iker is genuine.a very lovable person,and soft.i can tell from his personal life.He was always torn between the people that wanted a piece of him.HIs wife,his parents,the club.And the end he got hurt.
    I cant express how sad i am that he did not even got a decent recognition.

22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is it news to people that some Barcelona fans are scum?

SayWhatIWant repped this.
  23. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  24. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I haven't been active at all here in BS for awhile, been on vacation with my family. Of course I tried to keep up with the summer transfers, always some interesting stuff to talk about and to make real fun of :ROFLMAO:
    But one day I bought a newspaper, and on the cover it said "Iker Casillas to leave Real Madrid". I couldn't believe it...

Sooner or later this would happen, deep down I knew that, but i'm still shocked. The very ideia of our greatest keeper, and one of the greatest players in Real Madrid history, playing for another club (and possibly against Real Madrid, someday...) was just unimaginable. I know he hasn't been is great self lately, specially this last season, but i'm still a believer in Iker and I legitimely believe that his successor, no matter how great he is, will never touch him.

I could be wrong, I mean it's football so who knows right? But anyway we had to move on, no matter how tough it would be. I just wanna say thank you Iker, for everything you've done for us and our club. You will always be remembered as a part of this magnificent club.

[​IMG]

#GraciasIker

saadomar and CR7PT repped this.
  25. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    By 5, 10% of the crowd? It's not that unlikely for me. It won't change Iker's history or legendary status for me, but if these doubts are real then I understand it.