Once In A Generation/Thousand Years - The Iker "EL CAPITAN" Casillas Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by blanc, May 9, 2011.

1. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    THE INTERVIEW WITH IKERS PARENTS

"The big campaign against our son was started by Florentino back in 2010." That's how El Mundo's interview with Iker Casillas' parents is titled. The Spanish goalkeeper sealed his move to FC Porto yesterday night, leaving the club after 25 years, and it seems that Casillas' parents were anxious to see their son away from Real Madrid even more than Casillas himself.

"FC Porto is like a Segunda División B team and our son deserves a better club like FCBarcelona", said Casillas' mother. "Don't say that about Porto, I respect them. It's true that he deserved a club like United or PSG, but it's not right to say that about Porto," corrects Casillas Sr, knowing that it wouldn't be smart to speak that way about Casillas' newest club.

"Lorenzo Sanz and Calderón treated Iker fairly, but Florentino Pérez did not. This President never wanted him just because he's short. He was obsessed about signing Buffon. Iker handled the situation as good as he could, other players were protected way better. Everybody's been unfair to him during these last five years and it affected him mentally."

"We are not planning to go to his testimonial because we don't want to participate in that fake show arranged by Florentino to show that he treated our son fairly when it is not like that. We will only go if our son wants us to go. I'm jealous to see the way Pirlo left Juventus and I don't understand why they haven't done the same thing with my son."

Casillas' parents revealed that they sued the club -- it's important to state that Casillas himself did not do it and actually asked his parents to stop -- because of some issues around Casillas' last extension. Actually, Iker Casillas and his parents do not have a good relationship right now, according to the keeper's parents. "I don't talk with my son anymore", said his father, "but I want the best for him and I don't want to see him broke like it's happening to some football legends".

What do they think about Diego López and David De Gea? The first of those two started ahead of him for a while, and De Gea could be his long-term replacement.

"Diego López is not a better goalkeeper than my son. And you know that Mendes is De Gea's agent, he rules Real Madrid, so there you have it."

If Casillas wanted to establish himself as a club legend, he will not be happy to read how his parents have spoken.

---------------------

P.S. I have difficulties to believe this is the real interview

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Total bullshit. the people that wrote this deserves to have his head shaved to Dani Alves poo haircut for the rest of his life.

Also, no source, no truth.

meringues and Akramzizou repped this.
  3. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ahahahah.... which makes me suspect florentino ordered this?

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, i'm sure he has nothing else to do with his time.

yoanaidarov and Umar repped this.
  5. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol that interview is hilarious, because he is short? Really? Wanna make up bullshit say because he doesn't sell shirts, Perez's ego, but short? Lololololol. Yes a Madrid legend deserves to go to Barcelona.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  7. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    If he's estranged from his parents I guess you can't really blame him. But if the interviews legit, his parents seem like complete tools. Especially the mama. I feel sorry for the papa, lol.

8. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don't worry. He is next.

9. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Didn't he have a falling out with his parents a year or two ago?

saadomar repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iker pretty much LotharMatthäused himself.

11. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ikers parents have spoken. was all going well until they opened their traps and shit started spewing.

#bitter.

saadomar repped this.
  12. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    What's the matthaus backstory??

13. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iker doesn't even have good relations with his parents anymore. They just talked smack about the club Iker is going to work for by calling Porto a "segunda B division team". I'm sure the people over at Porto will be thrilled to hear that.

Not to mention she talks trash about Real Madrid and praises Barcelona as "gentlemen". She's trying to do everything to burn bridges for Iker. What crappy parents!

Iker's parents sound like Mesut's parents. They wanna have a say in everything he does, even if it doesnt benefit him.

14. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    He just had a press conference .. Enough about his parents, more about him.

Great player, even bigger legend but his time has come as it always will to all players/legends alike.

Goodluck to him.

RealMadridista, Digital and saadomar repped this.
  15. Raul Madrid

Raul Madrid Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2165 Raul Madrid, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    "Barcelona are gentlemen"

Is that so? Perhaps we should have given him a send-off like they gave Fabregas, the one where they put up his stats on their site to make him look bad and spoke about how he always plays poorly in the 2nd half of the season. That would be quite something. "Gentlemen" indeed.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kept playing way past the point where he was good enough to, and had a struggle with the Bayern bosses after he left that stays on until today. He got a testimonial, but it was a bitter farewell overall.

At least Iker's personal life apart from his relationship with his parents seems intact while "Loddar" has become a freak show.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Watching Iker shed tears is heartwrenching for any true Madridista.

yoanaidarov, J-Mezzy, 4x4s and 1 other person repped this.
  18. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  19. Álvaro Morata

Nov 28, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why was Iker all alone ? There was no questions from the media, his statement was actually pretty straight-forward and basic, he didn't say anything special or why he actually is leaving - that's the main question ... basically no answers were given. Very, very strange ... hope in the not so far future we finally receive the truth and the answers we need.

The best out of this press conference were his last words - "I will not say goodbye, because we will have a continuation."

Sad times, one of the most important figures in our 113 years of history is leaving, maybe with a strange press conference and surely a few years earlier than most of us expected.

20. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  21. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My goodness, I got goosebumps towards the end there. There will come a day with cooler heads when we all sit down and soak in just how truly great he was for our club.

Icon. Legend. Eternal.

RealMadridista, Raul Madrid and CR7PT repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Parents are delusional. They speak of barca as if they would even buy Casillas or allow him to join them for free. The biggest irony is barca just dumped Valdes out last season, but I guess their memories are too short considering they seem far more focused on money than anything else.

23. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We pretty much gave Porto Iker for free, AND paid most of his salary for them. The LEAST they can do for us is grant us a testimonial match for his sake.

24. Ananas

Ananas Member+

Feb 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dedicated his whole life to the club and got booed by some fans almost every game. We truly have some of the most vile fans in the world. He deserved much much better. Not so surprising to see him being treated that way when the club treated Raul the way they did a few years ago. Pathetic way to send him off when you compare to what Barca did with Xavi some weeks ago. Disgusting.

25. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

:cry::cry:

Started his career in tears and ended in tears. Gracias Iker and hopefully he gives a good account of himself wherever be goes like Raul has. All the controversy in his last couple of years don't matter anymore, this move was for the best and his spot as our greatest keeper ever is unchallenged.