On any given day an MLS team can beat Hull

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Ruict, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Ruict

Ruict Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw the game last night against Fulham, and let me tell you, that is one bad team.
    THis team got no game what so ever. An MLS team like LA can beat them easy. I think this coach needs to go fast.
    Giovanni is a great player and he looked horrible, it look like he had no one to play with. Altidore will never shine in this team. I feel bad for him.

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I had the misfortune of watching LA against Houston last weekend and they made Hull look like Barcelona.

1 person likes this.
  3. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    haha......classic

4. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'll give your post a little more credit.

On any given day, a Sunday league pub team can beat Hull City.

And yet further:

On any given day, MY local pub team could beat Hull City.

5. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hmmm. Two new threads in the forum, both about Hull.

Tell me, do Hull have any American soccer players on their books? And are they, despite not doing that well, not playing these American soccer players?

Just a hunch.

6. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    you hit the nail on the head Matt...

7. busbyboy74

busbyboy74 Member

Apr 13, 2007
    416 Proper
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think both teams are terrible....I mean fulham consists of mediocre players like Dempsey, Eddie Johnson and Co.

Altidore did not shine in Spain and if he is not capable of lighting the Prem on fire while surrounded by sub par team mates, then perhaps he should take a plane back to the land of trailer parks and shitty beer!

8. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    It works like this. Yank joins basement dweller and:

1. If he plays, he's single-handedly stopping them from being relegated.
    2. If he doesn't play he's too good for the team and/or the coach is an idiot.

1 person likes this.
  9. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    accurate analysis as usual M...

10. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And here I am thinking this whole time that Manchester was the white trash capitol of the world.
    Guess you learn something new every day.

11. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You thought Manchester was the white trash "building occupied by a state legislature" of the world?

12. busbyboy74

busbyboy74 Member

Apr 13, 2007
    416 Proper
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not his fault Matt.....the boy is from Jersey and educated in the U.S.

I read an interesting stat that showed only 20% of Yanks own passports and out of that 20% only 7% percent travel outside of N.A and Mexico. That being said our friend from Jersey has most likely never visited Europe and thus is clueless...

13. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try again BusBoy,
    Live in Jersey, wasn't born there, thank god.
    And you don't need a passport when you have a valid military I.D, as I did when I was traveling throughout Europe.
    Germany is wonderful (great beer), Austria and Switzerland are breathtaking, France is a s-hole as is Northern Italy. England is okay, your mass transit and food sucks but the people there have a fairly jovial quality and are fun to drink with once they get past the "country d-waving contest" to find a yank that understands and enjoys soccer.
    And no, I'm not calling it football and never will.

Since when don't politicians or legislatures qualify for "white trash" status?

14. ovalball

ovalball New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Beaufort, NC,
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wanted to say that last one really hurts. While it is true our national beer market is dominated by those two giant, foreign beverage companies, in North Carolina alone we have at least a dozen micro breweries that turn out a great selection of beers, ales, porters, stouts and specialty brews. Nationwide the craft brewing industry continues to grow and pubs and restaurants are expanding their draft/draught choices (our palates aren't all dead). And one of these days I'm movin' outta this single wide. So, you see, there is hope.

Now if I could just find some nice cask conditioned ales like we had in Scotland last fall. Ahhhhhhh.:) Alba Gu Brath, indeed.

(I apologize for double posting, but I wanted to get on the right thread.):eek:

15. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Wow. A walking cliche. Nice.

16. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're just too cool for me, that's obviously the problem here.
    None of this has anything to do with soccer though.

17. Ruict

Ruict Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of those trailer parks are very luxury . Nothing like a good Coors Light. I love America. Where else in the world can you watch every single soccer League. Only in America, Baby.

Going back to Hull, this coach has a jewel in Altidore and he is not using it. putting Altidore in the 78 minute is rubbish. this kid takes a while to get warm.
    He was better off staying with the NY Red Bulls knowing that this team will soon have some great players.

18. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Hmm. I have to admit, this thread is pretty funny. It started off about Hull City and ended up talking about the quality of trailer parks. It seems to fit, somehow. :D

19. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Yes, but what about the 'phone boxes?

20. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah, I get that a lot.

21. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, it started off about Hull, but reached it's intended focal point of Altidore, and his lack of play....The bottom line is Altidore isn't going to shine in the premier league, regardless of which team he plays for...

22. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Phil perma-Brown is a halfway decent coach he'll figure out a way to utilize Altidore's size and skill, but that'll require Mr. Cool to pull his headset out of his rear-end, and that won't happen.
    And if Altidore is as bad a fit as all of the resident genuises here say then I'm guessing Man U will be making a play for him and handing him a huge chunk of change, right?

23. busbyboy74

busbyboy74 Member

Apr 13, 2007
    416 Proper
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, after failing to light La liga on fire and so far failing to impress anyone in the Prem, S.A is going to ensure we get his signature.

In fact, we are hoping he is going to replace he who is not spoken about.

As pointed out earlier by my friend, this thread was a subtle attempt to point out a Yank was not being utilized to the liking of another Spazzo.

24. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    It's more likely to happen than your typical MLS fan having an attention span longer than that of a gnat. He's been available for just seven Premier League games so far, including two when returning from transatlantic international duty. He's started one game and featured in five as a sub. Hardly evidence that the guy is being wantonly ignored.

25. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Doubt that will happen - I mean, what does the man who took Hull into the Premier League and kept them there know about football? Sod all, that's what. Altidore is doomed.

Also unlikely to happen. United tend to buy good players. And Nani.