OMFG!!!! Angelina Is Adopting Another Kid!!!

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by TheSlipperyOne, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I don't know if they are totally photo ops, but she does do a lot of work in poor nations.

2. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    You crazy Scientoligist.

3. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if you're asking a serious question but I know from friends who've gone the process that, unfortunately, it's a lot easier to adopt a foreign child than it is to adopt an American child. There are more legal hoops to jump through and the birth parents have more rights. I know it sounds callous but that was their experience.

4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Unbelievable.

If she were adopting the child to fulfill some eccentric ritual and expected to get away with it as a celebrity that would be one thing...

But what exactly is it people are complaining about???

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    So long as she doesn't take him to slumber parties at Jacko's house, what's the big ********ing deal?

6. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    As an adoptive parent, I find a lot of the comments on here rather insulting. Does anyone here really know the real Angelina Jolie? Or do you just know her though People Magazine or Access Hollywood? There are many reasons why people chose to adopt and I'm sure not being able to fit into her Versace dress for award shows isnt one of Jolie's. I commend her and wish her the best of luck.
    Also on the "Why doesnt she adopt a US kid" question, my wife and I went down that road and got burnt pretty badly by the experience. Laws in other countries make it easier for adoptive parents.

7. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Parenting is not done in absentia. You can't be a good parent if you are off 180 days of the year making movies on location or attending conferences. Parenting takes time. Quality time is important, but a cop out by many people. There is no substitution for being there for your children.

8. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume you are kidding with regards to her not wanting to lose her shape due to pregnancy.

9. Father Ted

Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If you are talking about actors in general, I agree with you.
    Nobody is saying anything about actors who have kids through birth. Why are people singling out Jolie? It's because she chose to adopt. That's what I call double standards.

10. Father Ted

Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Reread what I said. I said that was not one of the reasons as suggested by someone else earlier.

11. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you just got too many double negatives or not enough or whatever in there....

12. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    36 posts and not one breast-feeding joke?

13. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bad parenting goes beyond actors. There are many selfish people in all walks of life that spend precious little time with their children.

I agree that there are probably many biological parents in Hollywood that could be criticized of being just as bad as Jolie. However, adoption is a conscious choice. There is no accidental pregnancy. It also speaks volumes regarding people being self centered today and caring more about fulfilling their needs over those of their children. I raised two small children on my own from age 5 and 7 thru adolescence and I can tell you my kids would have benefitted from having had a mother. So it really bothers me when people either choose to adopt or invitro fertilize without benefit of a father. They miss out on something. You cannot be all things to your children. Particulary a mother to your children if you are male.

14. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see you modified what you wrote. Now it makes sense. Before it stated

"There are many reasons why people chose to adopt and I'm sure not being able to fit into her Versace dress for award shows is one of Jolie's"

15. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America

So because there's no father, Jolie shouldn't be allowed to adopt? Are you kidding, dude? These are children that were going to grow up without any parents and completely neglected by society altogether. They would have grown up worring wether or not they were going to eat each day. You think that's a better option than having to be forced to grow up in a wealthy community with everything the free world has to offer and never again the thought of starvation to cross the mind, just because only one parent would be providing instead of two?

Man, as a single parent I would think that you, of all poeple, would understand that while it's difficult, it's still billions and billions of times better for these children than the alternative.

16. Father Ted

Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    yeah, my mistake. hey it's Friday and I'm ready for the weekend.

17. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    If he bothered to read the whole paragraph, it was clear what you were trying to say by the context in which you said it.

18. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No question that materially the kid will have everything. But, there is more to life than having all your material comforts met. Well balanced individuals also have a happy and nuturing homelife. Hopefully, Jolie can do that along with the primary caretaker of these children. If she bring's them on location when small and stays active in their lives I'll take my hat off to her and admit I misjudged her.

19. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. :)

20. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    And you won't ever do that.

You know why? Because it wouldn't be publicized - just like you never see her first child ever talked about. It's not about getting a child as a toy. It's about genuinely helping out a child that needs it. Nor is it about making sure Alberto knows that she raised the child the way he says is the best way.

21. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You presume to much. There are certain things that are universal with respect to child rearing and there is no question you have to make the time to be involved in their lives. Clearly, for you the material needs being met is sufficent. I think there is more to childrearing than that.

22. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    Ooooooooh, I get it now. You're not bothering to read my posts. I understand.

Cuase if you had, then you'd see that that's exactly the opposite of wht I said. I said that it doesn't matter what you think of how she raises her children. It doesn't matter that you haven't seen how she chooses to educate them. It doesn't matter that she doesn't elect to make sure Alberto sees that she's doing the best for them.

What matters is that she does what's best for the child. She chose not to make her child rearing public with the first child and will probably keep things pretty much in order. To assume that she's a bad mother having never nmet her or never seeing how she raises her shild is just plain moronic.

But what do I know? You're probably right. She's probably a good parent like yourself doing everything in her power to ensure her children come first - like by toting the glorious ways of internet dating where you find women you, and I quote, "usually bed within 1-3 dates."

I mean with priorities like that, how can she possibly not be a great parent, right Alberto?

23. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    How can you accuse anybody of presuming too much when you've done nothing but presume the motivation of a total stranger?
    Boggles the mind.

24. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. I had some friends that weren't considered economically stable enough to adopt an American kid (which is crap, they aren't rich, but they are far from starving), so they went and adopted a Vietnamese baby. Good for them I say. I give a big thumbs up and high five to whoever's willing to take on raising someone that they didn't conceive.

25. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Firstly, layoff the personal attacks. You are presuming a lot to think that the Jolie wanted to keep the story of the adoption private. How do you know she meant it to be kept private? The reality is that no one knows. People Magazine is the only source that knows whether it came from reporting or Jolie's press agent since they reported it.

I said that you cannot parent in absentia. The only criticism I have of Jolie is the notion that it's okay to adopt without a significant other or husband. You disagree fine. You won't change my mind and I certainly won't change yours.

What does my comment on the other thread have to do with childrearing? You don't discuss or parade what happens in your personal relationships with your children, that's inappropriate.