Olympics Welcome (and rule and regulations, including drug testing)

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by soccernutter, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the Bejing 2008 Olympic Games forum.

First, let me get the obvious stuff out of the way. Please, try and reduce your politics. It is inevitable, and I may even set up a Politics Thread, but for now, please visit the International Politics venue. It you wish to talk about Olympic soccer, wander on over to the FIFA and Tournaments venue.

Now, for the rest of the anti-doping rules...

Just like the rest of BS, you need to adhere to the TOS. The main issue I expect, as has occured in the past, is inappropiate racial/ethnic/etc. usage. Due to the short time of the event, we will take a hard line on such usage.

Additionally, we also request that you wait for 24 hours before posting results in thread titles. Otherwise, if you read the thread, expect to have the results within. Our policy here at the Other Sports venue is the results are understood to be in the thread, so the [R] in the thread title is not necessary. The same holds for the Olympics.

Otherwise, enjoy the games.

Mods of Other Sports

2. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Just like the rest of BS, you need to adhere to the TOS. The main issue I expect, as has occured in the past, is inappropiate racial/ethnic/etc. usage. Due to the short time of the event, we will take a hard line on such usage."

I would like to echo this sentiment - I recall having to shut down a thread for a few hours last time around because of the flaming and blatant TOS violations following an incident in the men's marathon.

Let's not repeat that, okay? Keep it to discussion and analysis and we'll all get along fine.