Olympics Qualifiers - Group A - PBPs, Live Streams welcomed! [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by WuTang2002, Mar 2, 2004.

1. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    I hope this thread doesn't go trashy. Please be considerate and refrain from profanity. I (and We) want this thread to be constructive soccer discussions only. As this thread will be highly volatile, I request all the mods to put this thread in thier priory watch list and remove any flaming posts as quickly as possible.

First round of games will kick off tonight.

China vs Korea @ Seoul, Korea

Chinese players arrived in Seoul last night. Chinese coach Shen declined media interview at the airport. The players seemed content and expected 1 goal win for the china. Du Wei, the captain, said they've been preparing for this match for months and confident his side will win although the game will be a hard fought. In the official interview, coach Shen, told Kong-Han-Zhen is a made-up word by the media and that he and the players don't care. Chinese squad has never defeated Korea in two countries' history.

On the other hand, Korean team was condemned by fans and media for their 2-0 loss to Japan and a scoreless draw against Yonsei University just 6 days prior. Coach Kim Ho-kon changed his original plan and decided to bring Park Ji-sung to bolster Korean midfield. Park, who played 90 minutes for PSV side on 2/29/04, told the media that his condition is good and expects a 1-goal win for Korea.

Iran vs Malaysia @ Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I personally looking forward to this game because I know this Iranian U-23 side is basically their national squad and the players are fairly unknown. Mayelli Kohan didn't put his best 11 against Japan so no one has exact idea how the team's like. Players to watch: a 18-yr old, Kaabi (or Kabei), who starts for NT squad and a midfielder Mobali, who scored against Japan. Their defense wasn't that great against Japan but not sure whether those 3 backs were the starters.

2. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

I know of 3 channels which show Iran's matches on the internet now there might be more but these are the ones i know off. Just go to http://www.iriw.net/
    IRANTV3
    IRIB3
    Jam-E-Jam2

will show the games.

you can also try www.irna.ir
    but its harder since its all in farsi.

also http://www.irankicks.com/livereport/ might do a livereport u can also try personfootball.com forums as well as iransportspress.com forums where they do updates regularly on the match as well.

My predictions are

China 0 Korea 0
    Iran 4 Malysia 1

3. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

another Stupid decision by IFF i hope it won't hurt us.

I have just been informed that Iran played and beat Uzbekistan in a friendly last night just hours b4 flying to malysia. My question is why do we play the same team we beat 9-2 when none of the teams in our group play similar to them? If we want to play someone we should play only east asian teams like we did against japan but uzbekistan? Why? and just hours b4 the match now that is just stupid.
    [​IMG]

Wutang i just wanted to mention that NavidKia is probably more dangerous than both Iman Mobaili and Kaabi.
    [​IMG]

4. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    These matches are not that important to us because we've at least already qualified for 2008. We've already waited many years so we can wait another 4.

5. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Korea 0-0 China (Half time)
    Pretty much even game. Both teams didn't have any real goal chance.

6. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    The damn Sina play by play is stuffed. too many surfers must have overloaded the server. Read on the Korean play by play that the posession is like 70-30 Korea's way.

7. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    is there a website w/ live updates, something like www.livescore,com???

or please keep us up to date!

8. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Damn, this Lee Jang Soo is a huge prick. Now i know why he refused to play Qu Bo in the starting 11. He wanted to screw us over.

¡°To regain our confidence and beat them to the punch is the most important thing.¡±

The manager of JeonNam Dragons, Lee Jang-soo (48-years-old) who has taken control of professional teams in China for six years, presented a must-win solution for the Korean Olympic team, lead by Kim Ho-gon against China. Leaving for China after managing Ilhwa team in 1998, Lee has lead Chongqing Lipan and Quingdao Hainiu to become the best teams in the Chinese league. His advice is valuable since Chinese soccer is not well known.

Dominate Opponents--

It is crucial to dominate them completely. Chinese tend to be weak in big matches, especially in road games. A victory will likely happen if Koreans prevail over Chinese in a spirited battle from the beginning since Chinese has suffered from the ¡°fearing Korean disease.¡±(sic) Aware of this, Korean players have to push forward actively. Koreans were down after the defeat to Japan. On the other hand, the Chinese seem confident compared to before. Koreans should keep in mind that Chinese has trained together from the beginning of this year.

Be Cautious of Players from Dalian Shide--

Dalian Shide is a highly reputed team which won seven championships in the Kap group (first league) of the Chinese Professional Soccer. Five players of the Olympic team belong to Dalian, and all of them are starting players so that solid teamwork play is a threat to opponents. A 1m 92cm tall goalie, An Qi, covers a wide range defensively. A right wingback, Wang Sheng, and a defensive midfielder, Hu Zhaojun, are excellent in attacking as well as one-on-one defense. Both of them are capable of controlling a game, including breaking the opponent¡¯s flow. Left wing Yan Song is famous for his accurate cross centering after passing two or three players within a narrow area. Right defender Zhang Yaokun also belongs to Dalian.

Moreover, center defender Du Wei (Shenhua), left midfielder Sherang (Ryao Ning) and right wingforward Gaoming (Qingdao) are noteworthy players. Especially Du Wei, a 1m 87cm tall centerback, sometimes knocks in a high percentage header into the net during set plays.

Prepare for their Irregular Attack--

The Chinese team modifies its system to a three-top formation, namely operating wings of two sides with one-top striker together, once they snatch the ball and attack. To outnumber the Chinese players, the Korean defense should be changed into a four-back formation from the current three-back. Defense lines should be made solid, for example adding a midfielder to the three-back or posting an additional defensive midfielder.

9. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Korea vs China

Korea 1:0 China [FT]

2nd half: 36th minute, Cho Jae-Jin scores on a Choi Shung-Kuk assist.

China played quite well in the first half and had thier moments, but wilted in the second. Korea pretty much dominated possesion in the 2nd half with numerous shot attempts but lacked accuracy and sharpness. Although China maybe disappointed with yet another loss after much hype, it's not such a satisfying result for Korea as well as they expect Chinese away match to be much harder.

10. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    FT: Korea 1-0 China

Goal: Cho Jae-jin
    Assist: Choi Sung-kuk

2nd half was mostly controlled by Korea. Chinese players seemed like they ran out of gas. They were slower than the 1st half. Korean attack kept cut off by Chinese about 10-15 yards out from goal. The goal came from brilliant 70 yard run by Choi, who gave goalie beating through ball to Choi for an easy touch.

I'm happy with the result but still unhappy about Kim Ho-kon.

11. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Some thoughts

I have to admit the game could've tied and Chine could've won if you look at the first half alone. Korea sucked,IMO. I was really nervous until the late goal and was seriously worried we might lose at home. I wonder why they can't pass forward in front of a running player? I can't help myself but to blame it on the coach.
    Among Chinese players, Du Wei definitely stood out. His defensive skill was great and his positioning in CKs made his header dangerous. But their midfielders were vulnerable to heavy pressing, easily giving up the ball.
    And credit should be given to Japanese referee. It's my first time in my life seeing a quality asian referee. Kor-Chn games usually get very physical and ugly but the ref did a good job stopping the game at the right time and warning players accordingly. No yellow cards! That pretty much tells everything.

12. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Re: Some thoughts

man... what were u smoking? lol
    there were two. one for each team

13. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    haha, i bet thats what we thought when we got the 88 games

14. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Re: Korea vs China

We'll figure out a way to lose.

15. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Malaysia are leading Iran by 1-0. Interesting...

16. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Read the play-by-play, and seems like general flow of the game was with Korea but Chinese defense stood tall for most of the game until that 30 meter run down the middle by Choi Sung Kook. Korea really lacked creativity in attack at times (relying too much on middle attack/side attacks and crosses being uneffective) and for all the time they've been together now, nothing special was really shown by Chinese in attack either. Defense was solid for both teams, so both teams will have to concentrate on improving their offense. A good win, just the type of win I predicted at home. The away game at China will be MUCH tougher and we'll be pretty lucky to come away with a tie or even a goal.
    Oh, and why isn't Qu Bo in the Chinese Olympic squad? I thought he was still within the age limit for the qualifying tournament... is he still struggling (as I have heard for a while now) or is there a specific reason for him being left out? It would have been a good boost for China's confidence since he scored that winning goal in the 2001 WYC qualifying match.

P.S: The new uniforms and o.k.... I'm already used to it. The white panel on the back has to go, though.

17. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    O_O;; !!!!

keep us updated, woorijim...

18. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    Iran stormed back in the first half ending Malaysia 1-2 Iran.

Second half just started

19. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    GOAAAAALLLLLL!!!

1-3 for Iran

20. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    GOOAAAAALLLLLL
    1-4

other games in progress:

Iraq 2-0 Oman second half

21. footballlover

footballlover Member

Jan 1, 2004
    USA
    IRAN won 4-1 but we did not play very well at all.We need to improve fast or we will have problems.(although we always play down and up to the level of our competition)

22. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Yes

23. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    So Navidkia didn't play, huh? Is he injured or is Mayelli Kohan trying to hide him from Korean and Chinese scouts? I think Kohan is a slimy man.
    I don't know what to belive when Kohan says something to the media because about 2 months ago, he told to the korean newspaper that he thinks Japan is much stronger than Korean U-23. Then recently in an interview with Persianfootball.com, he said he thinks Korea is stronger.

24. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Haha Kohan is a fishy character indeed.
    By the way the Chinese head choach once again said that Iran is stronger than Korea.

25. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Damn im good!

Damn I was right on!

[​IMG]