Olympics Draw

Discussion in 'China' started by shingkei, Apr 20, 2008.

1. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Miljan MRDAKOVIC (Sub in 56'), Aleksandar ZIVKOVIC (Sub in 77'), Caballero and Emil Martinez played during the 1st round of the Olympics

2. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Zivkovic made the assist on the 1-1 Serbia vs Australia

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kompany will be out for Belgium. I don't think it matters.

4. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Sigh, pretty disappointed to see them tie 1-1 against New Zealand. Now they have to face Belgium and Brazil, and unless a miracle happens, I don't see how they can get more than a point from those 2 matches. What a shame! The announcer for the game said China did a lot of preparation for the Olympics, played like 50 games but doesn't look like it helped. I bet the New Zealand team barely played any warm-ups....sad! When is China ever gonna do good in an international tournament? It's so very hard to stay positive being a Chinese soccer fan!

5. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Gotta admit the result was pretty disappointing considering China had a good start with Han Peng's header hitting the bar and Hao Junmin raiding the right wing. However come the second half what the hell happened to China? NZ had 3 chances in the whole game (compared to China's 11 shots) and ripped the Chinese defence with a through ball. Considering Belgium are a good team finishing in the semi's during the under 21 Euro's and Brazil are the favourites to top the group this was a must win game.

6. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
  7. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Han Peng's 3 min header is a beauty. Bad luck. Hit the croosbar.

8. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Just finished watching the game. China had the advantage and most of the chances including two crossbar hits. Should have won it.

Dong is obviously the best striker China has now. With him in the pitch, the defense of the opposite team can never rest. And all it takes is a flash of brilliance, which always seems within graps from him, from Dong to change the outcome of the game. A very Hao-like finisher.

Chen Tao also had a good game. Obviously out of shape physically. But he was the only one that tried anything both imaginative and eye-pleasing. Gao tried to do something creative from time to time too but Gao's moves are often too awkward to look at.

Zheng Zhi didn't do very well but not too bad either.

The starting wingers, Cui and Tan, are garbage. Mao and Lu should be there, not these two.

But the biggest garbage of all is Li Weifeng. Leaky shakey defense from him as usual. He was at least half responsible for the New Zealand goal, looking puzzled in some strange position. It's also very funny the way he celebrated Dong's equalizing goal. What an Idiot. Too bad China has built its defense around this idiot who has cost China often at the criticial moments and will no doubt again cost China in the future. Stupid Milu was the one who got this idiot into the NT in 2001.

9. ManUPLA

ManUPLA New Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Really a pity that we couldn't get a victory because of a defensive lapse like that.
    Beautiful header by Dong though.

Now if only Man United would give him another well deserved chance to play again instead of casting him aside and bringing in another unproven striker.

10. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

weird im in france and i can watch it :confused:

Actually the wingers were Cui Peng (who r a Defensive Midfield) and Hao Junmin, Tan Wangsong move a lot forward but he is Right back. i don't understand why on the left wing they didn't let play Shen Longyuan (even if he is right winger) or why not select Mao who played all the time on the left wing

next match against belgium we gonna need to be focus on Kevin Mirallas a real treat i watch him play during the French League 1 season with Lille and that kind is really good. But lucky for us Kompany and Fellaini two major players. Teh other main treat r De Mul et Dembele

11. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I watch the whole game and I think Cui Pun was a big disapointment. Everytime they had the camera on him, he was either on the ground and hopping around hurt. I didn't really see him do anything or make any kind of moves. Completely useless! Also, Han Pen was ineffective as well. There were a few balls where either he couldn't or just didn't want to catch up. He wasn't that good at holding up the ball either. Aside from the header in the very beginning, not much from him either. HOpe next game we do better!

12. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    New Zealand! I still can't get over what happened years ago, even though the Saudis were more to blame........

13. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Great goal by Dong. Now that the floodgate is opened, keep it up King Dong.

14. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    sup bro? haven't seen you around for a while.

15. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Free channels in hong kong will not broadcast the match against belgium. :( Are there any methods to watch this match online?

16. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In the groups is more important the result of the direct game or the total difference goals ?

17. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

China censors for politics, America censors for money. :D

NBC paid $900 million for their exclusive broadcast rights in the States. I suppose they think they can get their money worth by blacking out the whole thing until they want to show it to you preferably in prime time when the ad rates are much better.

18. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Thanks but no, it said only US people could watch it. BTW, is it live? I want live only. Replay is not good for me. :p

19. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
  20. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    anyone know which cctv networks will be showing the soccer games tonight, any info will be appreciated, I'm specifically looking for Japan v Nigeria, but any info will be good.

21. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    NBC Olympics online is live. It shows the pure broadcast feed so you feel like your there without the commercial breaks and without the color commentary.

22. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I don't think CCTV is showing Japan v Nigeria on TV or online.

CCTV-5 is showing the China v Belgium match. CCTV Soccer Channel (I think that's the name, 风云足球) will be showing Argentina v Australia, Italy v South Korea, and New Zealand v Brazil.

Online schedule

TV schedule (select the other channels on the left)

23. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    You may try http://live.bensports.tv/en/

24. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    1-0 down and ZZ gets straight red for a really suspect retaliation. Didn't look like much from the replay.

25. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Why do we have only 8 players on the field...? Its like a 4-3-1. Unless I'm counting completely wrong.