Olympic Team Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Irakien, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  2. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    I KNEW WE WOULD GET BRAZIL, DAMN IT!

3. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    #278 iraqiwarrior, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Denmark and south Africa. I think we can get a win against Denmark and South Africa and maybe lose to Brazil therefore will go up to the Round of 16 . What do u guys think?

Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.
  4. oliver-94

oliver-94 Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We'll definitely lose to Brazil but it may go down to GD so it's important to not get a heavy thrashing.

5. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    pretty good group IMO. Brazil are by far the strongest and on top of that they have the home advantage. Will be incredible to play them on their home ground. When you qualify for major tournaments like this, you want to play the best.

I think we can compete with Denmark and we can beat RSA. It was never going to be an easy task, and this is probably the easiest group.

Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.
  6. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Fiji wouldve been nice to get

7. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    IT's a good group. Having our lads play against Neymar or Eriksen would be pretty cool.

Iraqipower repped this.
  8. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Fiji would be the punching bag of the group, thus making it harder to advance if we slip up against either Denmark or South Africa.

I consider our group the easiest.

Iraqipower repped this.
  9. oliver-94

oliver-94 Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't think there is confirmation Eriksen will play. I mean he might considering Denmark didn't qualify to the Euros but hopefully Spurs don't allow him because he will miss the first games of the new season if he plays for Denmark in the olympics. But as an Arsenal fan, I hope our main CDM has him on lock lol.

But I don't mind playing these teams. Hopefully our players have a good respectable tournament and who knows, European offers could be in store.

Suren01 repped this.
  10. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Actually I want Eriksen to play so that he will miss the first game. Spurs are a good team, but I prefer Arsenal.

Crazy game by Klopp's Liverpool today. I expected Dortmund to walk over them but Liverpool made an amazing comeback. The difference in Liverpool since Rodgers is amazing. Show's how much a manager mean for a team.

11. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Managers have a huge impact on games, u can take athletico vs Barcelona game for example. A team with no big names beat a team with the likes of Messi, Suarez, and Neymar. It's football mate, anything can happen.

12. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Indeed. It's pretty amazing what a good manager can do. Hopefully Shahad and Radhi will do well and prove that they're good managers.

13. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Ahmed yasin will be part of the team for the olympics, according to socceriraqs most recent tweet.

14. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    The olympic team will also play a friendly vs AIK

15. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    أعلن مدرب المنتخب الاولمبي عبد الغني شهد، امس الاربعاء ، دعوة 34 لاعبا لتمثيل المنتخب الأولمبي الذي يشارك مطلع شهر اب المقبل في أولمبياد ريو دي جانيرو البرازيل 2016 .
    وقال عبد الغني شهد في تصريح خص به (الصباح): ان الملاك التدريبي للمنتخب وجه الدعوة لـ 34 لاعبا في القائمة الرسمية التي سترسل نهاية الشهر الجاري للجنة المنظمة، وهم كل من فهد طالب ومحمد حميد ومصطفى سعدون وكرار إبراهيم وجلال حسن لحراسة المرمى وعلي فائز ومصطفى ناظم وسعد ناطق ومحمد معن واحمد إبراهيم وعلي لطيف وضرغام إسماعيل وعلي عدنان وحمزة عدنان ووليد سالم وهوبير مصطفى وصفاء جبار وعلاء مهاوي وسعد عبد الأمير وعلي قاسم وامجد عطوان وياسر قاسم ومهدي كامل وعمار عبد الحسين وعلي حصني وامجد وليد وهمام طارق وبشار رسن وايمن حسين ومهند عبد الرحيم وشيركو كريم وعلي عكلة وعبد القادر طارق وجستن ميرام.
    وأوضح عبد الغني شهد « ان القائمة ستختزل الى ثمانية عشر لاعبا بحسب تعليمات البطولة التي تشير الى تسجيل خمسة وثلاثين لاعبا كتسجيل اولي ثم ثمانية عشر لاعبا من بينهم ثلاثة لاعبين فوق السن المحددة»، مشيرا الى ان المنتخب سيبدأ تدريباته مطلع حزيران المقبل في معسكر يقام في اوروبا ويختتم نهاية الشهر ذاته}. مبينا « ان المعسكر يشهد اقامة مباريات تجريبية دولية لرفع وتيرة التفاهم والانسجام بين اللاعبين في أول تجمع للمنتخب استعدادا لأولمبياد ريو 2016.
    وزاد عبد الغني شهد، ان اتحاد الكرة خاطب جميع اندية اللاعبين المحترفين من اجل منح الضوء الأخضر بشكل رسمي وان لا يسبب هذا الموضوع ازعاجا او مشاكل مستقبلية تربك حسابات الفريق.

- See more at: http://iraqi-sn.com/?p=33884#sthash.531N3Pq2.62oOBwD6.dpuf

This is the reported 30 man squad for the olympics.

16. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    English translation anyone? :D

17. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    He announced the Olympic team coach Abdul Ghani saw, on Wednesday, invited 34 players to represent the Olympic team who shared the beginning of next August in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 2016 Olympics.
    Said Abdul Ghani, testified in a statement singled out by the (morning): The angel's training team invited 34 players in the official list that will be sent later this month to the organizing committee, who are all of Fahd student Mohammed Hamid and Mustafa Saadoun and Karrar Ibrahim Jalal Hassan Keepers and the winner Mustafa Nazim and Saad spokesman, Mohamed Maan Ahmed Ibrahim and Ali nice and Dhurgham Ismail and Ali Adnan, Hamza Adnan, Walid Salem and Hubert Mustafa Safa Jabbar and Alaa shafts and Saad Abdul-Amir and Ali Qassem and Amjad Atwan and Yaser Kasim and Mehdi Kamel Ammar Abdul Hussein and Ali Hussain and Amjad Walid and Humam Tariq Bashar Racine and Ayman Hussein and Muhannad Abdul Rahim and Sherko cream and Okla Ali and Tariq Abdul Qadir and Justin Meram.
    He explained Abdul Ghani saw «the list Stakhtzl to eighteen players, according to the tournament which refers to the registration of thirty-five player such as registering first instructions and then Eighteen players, including three players above the age set», adding that the team will start his training early next June in the camp is held in Europe and concludes with the end of the same month}. Indicating «The camp is witnessing the establishment of an international trial matches to lift the pace of understanding and harmony among the players in the first gathering of the national team in preparation for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
    He added Abdul Ghani saw, that the Football Association addressed the clubs all professional players in order to give the green light to officially and that this issue does not cause a nuisance or future problems bedevil the group's accounts.

Iraqipower repped this.
  18. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Im confused still , according to iraqproplayers yasin will be a part of the olympic team that would mean either kasim, ahmed ibrahim or meram would not take part.

19. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We need defense in the olympic team not offence. I think that choosing Osama Rashid as CDM or Rehema as CB would be a wiser choice.

20. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If the Danish FA call him, and he wants to play, then Spurs can't stop him from going to the olympics.

TBH, I would prefer to face the best players. Even if we lose, it will be nice to see. What's the point of going to major international tournaments if you only face average players?

21. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ahmed Yasin would go instead of Justin. I still think it's a strange choice to bring a winger, since we already have two quality players to go on the wings. I'd much rather use the 3rd spot for Osama Rashid.

22. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Just read that Neymar is going to be called up for Brazil

Iraqilambo repped this.
  23. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    There was never any doubt. Considering the Olympics will be in Brazil + The Brazilians have never won gold at the olympics, they were always going to pick Neymar. It'll be Neymar's second time facing Iraq, and he's much better than he was back then. He's going to tear us apart. Imagine the carnage that would ensue if we have Hawbir at rightback trying to contain Neymar.

I wonder who the other 2 overage players will be. I think it will be Thiago Silva and either Marcelo or Lucas.

24. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Off topic but isn't Marcelo not even picked in the Brazillian NT? I can't imagine him being chosen over the likes of Willian, Oscar, Casemiro or Filipe Luis.

25. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Not even thiago silva is started for them, dunga..... Smh