Olympic qualifying 2020, US vs Haiti on January 28

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by lil_one, Jan 28, 2020.

1. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bar was always high. We have college teams that could bear and possibly beat probably 80 percent of the main women’s teams around the world and if you are a US coach getting paid, you better believe you should be winning with that talent available otherwise one is a incompetent idiot.

jackdoggy repped this.
  2. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, but the bar has always been high. Every USWNT coach who has coached the team during a major tournament has won at least one of them (WWC and/or Olympics) except for Greg Ryan. (Mike Ryan, Lauren Gregg, and Tom Sermanni obviously did not coach during a major tournament.) We as USWNT fans readily admit we have high expectations.

3. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bi-product of being ranked #1 in the Universe for the last 357 years.

McSkillz repped this.
  4. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that the United States Women's National Team is older than the United States. :D

5. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you think we formed the country? We took the DNA of all American immigrants and made excellent footballers out of the outstanding female athletes. Naturally George Washington made a decision as a result of a superior football club and stated he had no choice but to make a country.

Semblance17, Gilmoy and jackdoggy repped this.
  6. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The United States Women’s National Soccer Team preceded Adam and Eve.

7. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Velociraptors, they are... <(-,-)>

8. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is where the original Book of Genesis is incomplete - - -
    In the beginning, God was chillin, the first inclination was to create perfection...to create Complete and Total Awesomeness - obviously the USWNT. But what comes next, whats the 2nd Act?? So God exhaled, stepped back and thought keep it simple - I need a dude and a beautiful extraordinary being.....thus Adam and Eve.
    I've submitted this theory to the Vatican and they had "No Comment" which is NOT a denial. hhmmmm. HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM

9. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #159 cpthomas, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    But, now that I see the video several times, the kicker placed the ball on the end line. So, even if it were a free kick, I don't see an offside. And, l don't see anything else for AR or R to have called.

1222339729418440705 is not a valid tweet id

CoachJon repped this.
  10. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    The AR that made the call was not assigned to the next game the rest of the crew is working. The CR was moved to 4th Official, where she can do less damage.

They won't publicly say anything, but that speaks volumes.

blissett and jnielsen repped this.
  11. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think the Haiti goal should be allowed and the official score of the game become 4-1.

I wouldn't ordinarily want to overturn a ref's ruling -- but disallowing the goal seems to have no basis in fact -- and allowing it doesn't change the outcome of the game -- although conceivably (and fairly) it might impact which country goes to the Olympics.

Semblance17 and jnielsen repped this.
  12. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As I said in an earlier post there is nothing in the laws of the game or in the tournament regulations that would allow the adding of a goal after the fact no matter how wrong the call is perceived to be. The only recourse is a replay if it is decided that it was a misapplication of the laws of the game. That is not going to happen for a variety of reasons including there just is not a reasonable place in the schedule to replay the match. Also it could be easily argued that it was a mistake not a misapplication of the laws so there is no grounds of a protest.

I wish what you want could happen but it cannot under the laws or the regulations. Hatti's only option was to delay the restart and try to get the refs to correct their error at the time of the error. They did not do that and they lost their only recourse.

This incident is a strong argument for real time reviews in all important matches but, as I said earlier, CONCACAF and/or FIFA are not going to implement that because they do not think the women's game is important enough. They plead costs but there is plenty of fat in both their payrolls and just a few cuts could easily cover any costs several times over.

BTW: There is resistance to reviews in the men's game as well but that is just a cost issue and they could do it if they wanted to. There is LOTS of money just laying around in both FIFA and CONCACAF.

blissett repped this.
  13. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    This is what the the ref is going through.