Olympic Qualifier in Germantown (OT)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DaniD, Oct 22, 2003.

1. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    That's our starting keeper and bench for our second playoff game in Chicago.

Thx,

Jay!

2. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Oh, so you are still living in hope?

3. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Main Entry: hope
    Function: noun
    Date: before 12th century
    1 : archaic : TRUST, RELIANCE
    2 a : desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfillment <came in hopes of seeing you>; also : expectation of fulfillment or success <no hope of a cure> b : someone or something on which hopes are centered <our only hope for victory> c : something hoped for

Main Entry: despair
    Function: noun
    Date: 14th century
    1 : utter loss of hope
    2 : a cause of hopelessness <an incorrigible child is the despair of his parents>

I'm living in despair, hoping that DC can pull out a win. That, and I have to be in Sh!tcago for a wedding this weekend makes it all the more despairing.

Thx,

Jay!

4. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    Does anyone know if this has been made offical or when it would probly be made offical?

5. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Onefineesq. You may think it is hilarious to have 6 WCQs in 87 days but it is a bad schedule for us because it conflicts with the most critical part of the MLS season, the USCOC and the Olympics.
    In terms of venues, you are right, that is up to us and if the USSF continues to put games in the same places with hostile crowds we have only ourselves to blame. But we have no control over this ridiculous compressed schedule. The first game of the semifinals is August 18,2004-right in the middle of the Olympics.

6. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those St. Kitts immigrant hooligans living in Germantown really know how to bring it. :rolleyes:

7. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    I am glad we didn't draw Bermuda because Hooligans in shorts are badazz!!!