Olympiakos v. Galatasaray [R] 05/11/2003

Discussion in 'Turkey' started by molosztash, Oct 22, 2003.

1. molosztash

molosztash New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    I think Olympiakos will win it. But there are two weeks to go. Anything can happen.

2. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Olympiakos-3
    Galatasaray-0

Tough one for Galatasaray...

3. O elefadas

O elefadas New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Athens, Greece
    What? That was all?
    Is this the best you people can do?

4. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    As I say, just forget about Galatasaray. Watch Besiktas represent the country...

5. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    What do you mean?

6. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Olympiakos were at their best and Gala were at their worst, so fair result. Good performance from Greek side so I can't argue with that.

Our guys should have done better though, their 1-0 win a fortnight ago was a very tight one so they should have known better. Olympiakos are a good side.

7. O elefadas

O elefadas New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Athens, Greece
    Relax, relax guys...
    I was only wondering why there is no moaning, and no cursing...
    Are you happy with GS performance?

8. The2ndMouse

The2ndMouse New Member

Actually Olympiakos looked good in Europe after a Loooooong time !

After many years and many manager experiments former USSR and Ukraine international, Oleg Protasov seems to be doing a better job.

I think that the refereeing was incredibly poor in the match with GS! Hasan Sas was twice onside only to be stoped and Mandragons little show went unpunished despite him trying to headbut Djordjevic!

Finally, I was amazed with the speed of De Boer! Was he always that slow!

Good result for Olympiakos and overall a fair result of the two ties IMO.

Whats next for the 2004-2005 guys? Maybe Besiktas vs. AEK ?!?!? ;)

9. The2ndMouse

The2ndMouse New Member

Actually Olympiakos looked good in Europe after a Loooooong time !

After many years and many manager experiments former USSR and Ukraine international, Oleg Protasov seems to be doing a better job.

I think that the refereeing was incredibly poor in the match with GS! Hasan Sas was twice onside only to be stoped and Mandragons little show went unpunished despite him trying to headbut Djordjevic!

Finally, I was amazed with the speed of De Boer! Was he always that slow!

Good result for Olympiakos and overall a fair result of the two ties IMO.

Whats next for the 2004-2005 guys? Maybe Besiktas vs. AEK ?!?!? ;)

After so many years of bended laws of statistics finally they allow Greek and Turkish teams meet every year now! (LOL)

10. gantelo

gantelo New Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Istanbul
    Well, we are not really dissapointed.
    Because we all know that galatasaray cant do better than this. They would be very lucky if they compete in the champions league again in five years. If they somehow qualify for the UEFA cup this season which seems impossible at the moment to pass Olympiakos in the standings, that is something.
    And here in Turkey (and now you) all say De Boer is so slow, he cant defend anyone... But Galatasaray won the UEFA cup with Popescu playing in the back two. He was not faster than De Boer but he had 3 great midfielders in front of him( Emre, Suat and Okan) which the attackers faced before attacking him. But now a player comes to our defensive line without being disturbed. Well, any fast pro player can pass someone if he catches the he player on his feet. I am not saying that De boer had a great game in Greece but he is not the only one to blame.

11. Barish

Barish New Member

Jun 28, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    I think that's good, whatever the result on the scoreboard. We should have broken that ice ages ago. Greek soccer was not that bad after all, eh? ;)