Olympiacos v. The Arsenal, Thursday February 20, 2020 2000GMT

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by mebeSajid, Feb 18, 2020.

1. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Blew a chance to go 2 up with Lacazettes shot being saved, and Mustafi missing the rebound off Papas shoulder effort.

But I am confident we will get a result at home, probably 2-0 or 3-1.

That said, Auba on the right didn't work. Willock anywhere doesn't work. And its horrendous how many times our players gave up the ball with weak or silly passes.

Saka is a beast and when he becomes a LW with Tierney behind him, his assists will skyrocket.

BIGHMW repped this.
  2. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed on Saka, the kid showed a ton of promise, I hope we get him his 5 years under his belt and then PAY HIM what he deserves (a lot!!!) !!! He TRULY IS a "Young Gun" both literally and figuratively as well as by team namesake. SIGN HIM STAN!!! Your club's future belongs in both his and Auba's hands!!! Those two would make a great tandem up front once and if Laca is shipped out.

And we should not forget the great performance of Bernd Leno in goal for us, a couple of huge saves he made (including one that didn't matter because it was ruled offside but still play til the whistle I say!!!) in this first leg of the last-32 were critical and this clean sheet while also nicking that all-important away goal will be very valuable should we move on after next week. WELL DONE BOYS!!!

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watched the game late last night.

Several surprises in the XI, including Leno instead of Emi.

I guess Mikel wasn't taking any chances in goal. And thank goodness for that!

We could've easily lost this game if not for his fine work. And coulda been 2-0 down in first 5'.

So I take this 1-0 away goal happily. :)

And I'd say Berndt Leno is a MOTM contender. Maybe even POTS.

And that's coming from someone who didn't quite rate him several years ago.

Onward...

BIGHMW repped this.
  4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    inject this post directly into my veins

maskito repped this.
  5. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    seriously. after all the times we played better but lost (or drew), i'll take it! :-D
    i'm still high on the kid but totally agree. it would be nice to see him spend the rest of the season in the championship on loan then spend next season in the premiership on loan. he needs games. we just don't have the team to carry him while he's learning at the moment.

6. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i think you could make an argument for wilshere. he obviously didn't pan out and broke down physically but, as prospects went, he was a strong one.

gnabry?

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Saka is better than Ashley Cole was at this age

martinelli and saka could become 2 of the best kids to come throu fb in the history of the club

8. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    We should've had 2 or 3 goals..Saka is a beast I would like to see him more forward though. Good work by the backline. Arteta is really improving this team. Anybody see that Confederate flag that Olympicso was flying those assholes.

9. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    I really liked the Globe when I visited Chicago last spring, the Gangway of Broken Dreams alley is cool.