OL Café III [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by guignol, Jun 1, 2011.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the first Olympique Lyonnais Café thread started back before the dawn of time when the only french teams granted subforums were OM, ASSE and Stade Reims* and lasted about a year before going over the then 500 post limit.

after the creation of the lyon subforum a place to discuss this and that folderol, subjects not likely to generate a thread of any consequence on their own was still needed, hence Olympique Lyonnais Café II.

that has now gone over 1000 posts (in six years) and has been laid to rest. I modified the name a tad. FYI, Olympique Lyonnais Café is (the major) section of the olweb forum. OL Café is the name of actual cafés the club runs in airports, malls and other great places to NOT BE.

the original OL Café was a slightly seedy but great place to watch away or sold out matches, a stone's throw away from gerland. it changed name to café LO when the plastic ones opened and recently closed its doors altogether.

enjoy. but be nice. the two are not always mutually exclusive.

*actually OM, PSG and bordeaux. same difference.

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    23 year old Fernando Francisco Reges linked to Lyon is an important Defensive midfielder leaving Lyon? 30 million euros from porto

3. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Or maybe it just means we're going back to that Toulalan in the central defense nonsense...

4. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Not if Puel leaves.

Which I sincerely hope will be the case. I think the OL management have gotten the message. The Puel Demission banners were a bit tacky and whatnot but if Aulas and Co. were to keep him on for another season things might get even worse, in the locker room, as well as in the stands.

With respect to replacing Puel, OL may end up promoting Rémi Garde, who has been compared with Pep Guardiola at Barca.

http://www.lyonmag.com/article/24149/rA-mi-garde-le-pep-guardiola-de-la-ol-

Il fût en effet coach adjoint sous Paul Le Guen et Gérard Houiller. Il a aussi l’avantage de bien connaître l’institution OL. Il est cadre technique du club depuis 2003, et occupe la fonction de directeur du centre de formation depuis 2010.

"He was indeed assistant coach to Paul Le Guen and Gerard Houllier. He also has the advantage of knowing the institution at OL. He is the technical director of the club since 2003 and has served as director of the training center since 2010."

5. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think his dismissal will be the most influential transfer:p
    how much for him to leave, couple mill?

btw how old is this forum

6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

probably since around 2004 when i joined.

7. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Malaga could offer 6M€ for Toulalan

I think they forgot a 0 somewhere :confused:

8. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that sounds more like an insult than an actual bid :D

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    If this was OM they would sell him to cash in but since this is OL I think he will stay.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well I take back what I said above because it looks like he's gone. Why I don't know. I guess it comes down to not being able to compete with the teams run by petro dollars.

11. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    WTH? Toulalan? for 10 million euros? is this a joke?

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This is a stunning turn of events. Absolutely absurd. 10 million I'm hearing now for Toulalan. I can't believe Aulas is considering selling him, and for that price too. What happened to our cuthroat dealer who would take any club to the cleaners?

13. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    put to this way Mr blanc wants players to play in spain this will get toulalan a call up

14. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What so Toulalan is moving to a middling spanish club for his international career?! i find that hard to beleive.

15. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    well Malaga are apparently looking to be the new Manchester City of Spain or something. Big spenders in this mercato. But 10 million for Toulalan. Is this the same Aulas that got 4 or 5 times that amount for Essien?

16. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  17. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmm, maybe I'll change my opinion on the most influential transfer from Puel to Toulalan
    :(

this "transfer" seems to be everywhere and I hope OL clear up the air

possible reasons for switching: money, his 27 yrs old, great city, somethings up in the locker room
    heck for all we know it might be toulalan who wants the move and is pushing for it
    of coarse its more comforting if Malaga just want to splash cash(in a smart way lol...)

18. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Spanish Manchester City my eye. 13M for Lucho is "too much".

19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    very true and i agree you must know that Malaga is a very nice city in spain
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Costa Del Sol area i like south east part better of spain like Almeria, Spain ALOT MORE SHHHHHHHHHHHH RELAXING!

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah but he signed an extension until 2015 not too long ago. I guess the main reasons for extensions in football is so the club can get more money when the player is sold. Stupid people like me think players sign extensions because they want to stay at the club.

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    there's definitely an eel under the rock here. he just signed an extension to 2015 and made statements that he saw himself ending his career in lyon... something happened backstage.

petroducats or no malaga isn't playing the CL this or perhaps ANY year. and far from this move getting him back into the EdF it's more a sad sign that he's written it off forever, and when you see a. diarra getting the armband after a season at bordeaux even more disappointing than his at lyon, and players like matuidi getting selected over him, it's hard not to understand his attitude.

22. Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Marseille
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Toulalan was always an overrated player to me. A. Diarra and Matuidi probably don't deserve to be on the NT, but neither does Toulalan. L. Diarra, Sissoko, Mavuba, and Flamini have all had very good seasons, and they should be next in line for a callup.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    If youre gonna sell a player who can bring you a lot of money, Llloris, Bastos, and Cissokho would all be on my list on who I would sell before Toulalan. He's not overrated, if he leaves you have to sign someone else because Gonolans isnt a good enough backup. He's harder to replace than all those other guys I mentioned.

24. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats exactly it, except it would be harder to replace Lloris imo
    but nonetheless you're right on
    not to mention that toulalan has quality and is worth substantially more than 6-10 mill
    his one of the players who I wouldn't sell unless I knew for a fact that one of the starlets can replace him
    now on top of finding 1 or 2 CB, we're gonna have to find a replacement and hope that they gel over the break

if this goes through, we're basically going to buy a new spine column(1(2) CB + DM)

25. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    10 million is a shame. I'd ask for 25 million and settle for 18-20.