Oklahoma City, In the Press.

Discussion in 'Rayo OKC' started by Laramie, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Hail Cores!

2. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    #77 Laramie, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    It's probably not a matter of rejecting any kind of soccer at the various levels; probably has more to do with the track record of the owner more than anything else. The Funks have been a real turn-off lately.

You would have thought that the Funks would be pushing for the highest brand of soccer leading to MLS while he's testing the waters. Somehow I get that eerie feeling that the Funk group will pull up stakes and back out.

Why?

Just based on their experience with the Redhawks (PCL 'AAA' baseball) and now the Barons (AHL 'AAA' hockey); they haven't been successful with marketing those franchises. You have to spend money to make money and hire the right people to do the job protecting your investment. You can't keep half-stepping and probing...

McLaughlin was able to secure Taft Stadium because of his previous with OCPS (Fields & Futures); this gave him the edge in securing that venue for soccer.

http://www.news9.com/story/23690096/my-2-cents-fields-and-futures

http://newsok.com/how-tim-mclaughli...nd-the-fields-futures-program/article/3890969

ManuSooner repped this.
  3. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposedly going to be a superduper big announcement today, according to @MaggieAStrokes by Prodigal and she totally said that MLS may be coming soon.

[​IMG]

I guess with that kind of media confirmation, all OKC NASL fora should be shut down and transferred to the USL Forum.

FYI, Wendell (@mrwendell29) arched his eyebrow at the mention of MLS.

4. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooooo!
    You think it will be:
    "Someday, somewhere, hopefully we will be announcing something that might be a good thing, but we can't give any details about it right now"?

5. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's at 2:00 PM. At something called the Lloyd Noble Museum of Art.

Which means it's either at the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History, Lloyd Noble Center or the Fred Jones Junior Museum of Art.

I don't know if the source of confusion stems from Prodigal's idiot press release to KOCO, or KOCO's typical, yet staggering ability for fucking up basic facts. Most likely, a combination of both.

Edit. Also, Maggie got a boob job since that picture was taken, but I remain unimpressed.

6. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, like must other things from Prodigal I'm kinda calling BS. I Googled "Lloyd Noble Museum of Art"....nothing.
    Sorry. Didn't see your edited post.

7. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well...I just saw this on www.newsok.com
    [​IMG]

So, we took Seattle's basketball team. And now it appears Prodigal has taken their soccer team's colors...

8. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well at least we now know the name and colors of one of our pro soccer team would feel better about the Energy if I knew more like where they intend to play their home games, who their coach is it just seems like to me that this team is way behind the 8 ball and still has a lot of work to do if this team is to take the field in march

off topic any of you hear that the Orlando City is supposed to be announced as the newest MLS team next teusday

also still new to the sport and am still confused about us open cup qualifying when is the earliest we can see either of okc's teams in the tournament will they be able to try to get in and compete in year 1 or will they have to wait till year 2

and as far as stealing from seattle I don't hold that city in high regard I can understand being hurt and upset about losing your team but to tell a community that they deserve such things as the bombing and the deadly tornadoes over a sports team is really pretty low no I don't and won't feel bad about stealing their colors actually hoping to play them in us open cup so we can destroy them and I don't care which one (Energy or NASL team) does it sorry if people don't like it it's just how I feel

9. OKCSoccer4life

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Orlando will definitely be the next MLS announcement. They have made it passed all of their major milestones. Word on the street is that all the jets are flying in on the 19th to Orlando for the official announcement (but am sure that is pending them working out final agreements between Orlando City and MLS.

10. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just printed this out, pout it in the toilet and took a shit on it.

Also, the toilet is kinda stopped up, so the building guy is here now plunging it.

Laramie, Prosoccercdn and ManuSooner repped this.
  11. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When people say stuff like that, I just remind them that their mothers are all whores who make most of their money when the circus is in town.

Laramie repped this.
  12. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that's if he LIKES them.

13. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Any pics?;)

USRufnex repped this.
  14. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's Official:

The long-term vision is 10 years from now Oklahoma City will have a Major League Soccer team.

The first step is an expansion team in the 15-team USL Pro, a league matriculating to becoming MLS’s official Triple-A partner.--http://oklahoman.com/new-soccer-team-to-be-called-energy/article/3904915

Who's it going to be:

[​IMG] or [​IMG]

"We have no desire to be anyone's minor league, and we definitely have no interest in developing players for other leagues." Bill Peterson, NASL Commissioner

15. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once, a long time ago, I matriculated with a couple of thespians

ManuSooner repped this.
  16. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does he not understand how the rest of the soccer world works?

17. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I know, out of context, and apropos of nothing, this seems like a goofy statement. I guess I see it in contrast to USL, who's whole rason d'etre, and the reason they live, breathe, and are, it SEEMS is ONLY to supply players for another league.
    Whenever I try to have a discussion about the dismal attendance figures at places like Dayton, VSI, and LA Blues I invariably get a response of, "Well, they are more focused on their academy, than selling tickets..." Like that makes it OK? IF that's what you want to do, then fine. Do that. But please don't call yourself "PRO". At least to me, it cheapens the name for everybody who is really TRYING to be a "Pro"
    Just my two cents. Discuss...

18. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    LMAO:

If I didn't know the meaning of matriculated and thespians; I'd ask you to get on your knees and ask for forgiveness...​

19. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope he used protection

Laramie repped this.
  20. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    With those low attendances, and the D3 USL Pro average attendance stagnating at roughly the same avg it had last year at 2600+ despite the agreement with MLS, the NASL will pull further away in quality of play as players will follow the money and the NASL grows with higher attendances, revenue, and increasing player budgets.

ManuSooner repped this.
  21. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So do we expect the NASL team reps to do something soon to try and get back some thunder? (Pardon the NBA reference)
    And BTW, there is a OKC NASL Soccer Supporters meeting at Skinny Slims this afternoon at 2pm

23. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no they have time on their side why not take it and get it right

24. Laramie