okay okay which team?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by MUFCSucks, Sep 2, 2002.

1. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    I am a life long supporter of Liverpool, but I have decided to adopt and follow an MLS Team, will also buy the Jersey.

My question to you Americans is which Team should I support?

And Why?

2. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    if you are in the states, i would typically go with the team closest to you... you will have more of a chance to catch their matches in person

3. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    nope in england, just wanna add another team to my favorites list.

4. Fleetwood Mac #1

Fleetwood Mac #1 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY
    Liverpool supporters tend to like the Chicago Fire. I don't know why but maybe it's their jersey or that they used to have some quality European players (and still do) on the team or just the style of play. You can learn more about them at www.chicago-fire.com

5. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    DC usually has a lot of talent that has a.) played in England, b.) since moved to European clubs, or c.) received serious consideration from European clubs (a la Ben Olsen & Nottingham Forest). Then again, most teams are like that. San Jose usually plays a very fast paced game, in my opinion, which makes it a little more like English football. Chicago is pretty similar to San Jose, and they do have "world-class" players.

Just some food for thought.

6. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Currently, Columbus is the only team in the league with its own stadium, built especially for soccer. They have yet to win a cup, so a new fan could be around for a great first.

Personally, I'm a Fire fan, but they just might abandon the city and become a suburban team. Until they build a facility in Chicago, I think the international support should be cautious.

7. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Thanx for the tips guys but I have made my choice!

in 1982 when US football came to british Tv, I chose the Dallas Cowboys as my team.

SO its the Dallas Burn for Me!

8. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Horrible choice.

9. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    why?
    are u dissing my team....b*tch:)

10. viperdiablo21

viperdiablo21 Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Re: Re: okay okay which team?

see you know this and i know but he doesnt know this. May god have mercy on his soul!

11. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Supporting this team is your choice but I don't think you know what you are doing. Dallas is crap.

12. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a cowboys fan AND a burn fan?!? please, stay in england.

13. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    After last night's game, you might wanna move on over to the Colorado Rapids' side.
    Come on.... you know you want to. Everyone likes the Rapids.....no really, it's true.

14. viperdiablo21

viperdiablo21 Member

Jul 20, 2002
    whatever you do, do not post a picture of your logo or he just might get turned off MLS all together

15. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    hehe you have to depend on Quincy Carter as your QB ;)
    welcome to MLS Fandom. I personally am a fan of any player who plays for the US National team, or might play for them. Which is why I can watch any of the MLS teams and enjoy it.

16. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Dallas will one day rule the NFL and MLS again, I have foreseen it:p

17. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't let these guys fool you--I'd prefer it if you'd back either DC or Chicago...but Dallas is a good team. You should know that they were the only MLS team that DIDN'T have a player on the US National Team at Korea/Japan, but don't let that bother you. Jason Kreis is one of my favorite MLS diehards, a real journeyman who always produces for his team, year after year. Oscar Pareja is another name you should familiarize yourself with, if you're going to be a Burn fan. Not that there' anything wrong with that (LOL).

Now, as for being a COWBOYS fan, I can't help you there...

18. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent choice.

But you do realize you're supporting the wrong Merseyside team, don't you?

Toffees rule!!

19. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    And, to you, sir, I say, may your children rot in hell after contracting your genital herpes in utero.

20. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    They have ruled the MLS? When? You should be able to educate us with your extensive knowledge of Burn history.

21. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Lets Go Dallas!

Lets Go Dallas!

22. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool for New England

A Liverpool fan must surely support the New England Revolution as former Liverpool legend Steve Nicol is currently the 'interim head coach'.

Their last 3 games could be the most exciting and important games of the season. If they have a strong fiinish, Nicol might just be around next year, too.

23. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    New England too Oirish for me:)

24. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    If you're looking to support the only team that can provide an English-style atmosphere and some of the world's most passionate fans, I would suggest the Kansas City Wizards. Should you ever get a chance to see them live, I would advise purchasing tickets several months in advance.

25. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the MLS spirit. :D

TS.