OK.. this is wierd for me..

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by 101st ABN DIV, Apr 26, 2011.

1. 101st ABN DIV

101st ABN DIV New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    FT Meade, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a 16 yr DCU supporter.. I love my colors and my team... with a passion.. but funny thing is that I was born and raised in Queens NY... I left NY in 1994 for NC.. before MLS..

In NC I would go to Duke university soccer games (they were free)..and btw the second soccer experience I ever had outside of a Colombia - Greece friendly at the meadowlands in may of 94..

So there at Duke I saw the UVA soccer team led by bruce Arena.. I saw americans play good soccer.. UVA did.. it was almost south american.. ball on the ground..possession.. I was amazed..I fell in love with that team..
    that team became the core of DC united in 96... so remeoved from NY I became a United supporter..

so here I am.. I ********ing hate Metro red bull as I rightly should.. but.. but this is lower div soccer.. not related to MLS... so I feel free to also support my own boroughs team... I mean its freaking Queens... ur badge..my home..

So I will love to support FC NY... but of course do understand that my MLS loyalties change not one bit.. and if any of you are RBNJ supporters.. well all that hate does not count here... BTW..RB scum are NJs team.. this is a NYC team..Queens to be more exact..

so allow me to ask if thats ok with you guys??

2. 101st ABN DIV

101st ABN DIV New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    FT Meade, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would you allow me to stand with you guys for FCNY??
    I do not feel this violates my loyalty to DCU or La Barra Brava.

Comments?? or am I confused??

3. Keystone FC

Keystone FC New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I think I can lend some experience here.
    I don't think you're confused but I do understand the concern.
    Anyway...I am a supporter of TFC (MLS) and HATE HATE HATE the Crew...even before TFC came along. I was a TFC (RPB) supporter first and then became a supporter of the Hounds (USL) after they came back into the league. A few of the Riverhound supporters in Pittsburgh were also Crew supporters (HSH). Needless to say the first meeting was a bit tense but we focused on the Hounds instead of each others MLS clubs, not to say we didn't throw jabs at each other, but it was in fun and I actually met up with one or two of the Hounds supporters at the TFC/Crew game in CBus in the stadium....we got looks from both sides.
    Basically, all you need to do is focus on the club that you both support at that time and place. Plus, soccer is a world game so I'm sure other people will have other teams to talk about, and it can lead to some insite into the other supporters world that you might not see.
    Just a little advice.

4. 101st ABN DIV

101st ABN DIV New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    FT Meade, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    As a former Metro supporter ( who refuses to support Energy Drink FC ) I'd say welcome.

I hope everyone keeps their MLS stuff at home when they come out to Belson. The only agenda I want to see is people supporting FC New York.

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing wrong with it. Here in Charleston, we have United fans, Chicago Fans, TFC fans that stand with us each week. Not to mention numerous ex-pats that are lifelong, supporters of their teams in England (or Germany) that consider themselves Battery supporters.

Buy a FC New York jersey or scarf and enjoy the match. Chances are you might find yourself closer to FCNY than your other club.

Players are much more accessible, and you get to know everyone around you pretty easily.

7. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'd say I've always had more fun supporting smaller clubs than big ones. Dundee is a small club but I feel alot closer to them than I ever have with Liverpool who I also am a fan of.

It was the same in the US. I had more fun supporting the NY Centaurs the 1 year they existed than I ever did as a Metro supporter.

8. 101st ABN DIV

101st ABN DIV New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    FT Meade, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok.. well I will have to find out when the matches are.. I will have to drive up from maryland..but I will make it a weekend.. see the folks.

9. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a second I thought you were a 16 year old DC United supporter. I totally didn't understand how you remembered Greece-Colombia, UVA soccer with Arena, etc while being 0-1 years old.

10. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Confused? Of course, you are a DCU supporter but that doesn't make you a bad person.

FCNY is NYC's team right now. And if you have a loyalty here you will be accepted with open arms. Just don't show up with the Boca Shirt! lol lol

Dale loco, come down and have fun!

11. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No confusion at all. If you wish to support anything New York, feel free to keep the beltway in your rear-view mirror and drag your carpetbagging behind back up I-95. Simple. If you crave lower-division soccer, there is always the NoVa Royals or Real Maryland, depending on what side of the river you live on. Anyway, considering their chaotic origins, FCNY should have a short shelf-life, especially once the Cosmos hit the MLS scene...

12. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would you be confused? Without pro/rel, it isn't a sin to support teams in multiple leagues.

13. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Carpetbagger? So that's how you want to keep fans? lol lol

FCNY welcomes you with open arms. Come hang out and enjoy your stay in the Big Apple. Your first true home!

14. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, it's all love and light in the great Northeastern Megalopolis; I'm just pumping up the friendly I-95 rivalries. In fact, I think being the club with the most silverware in the history of American soccer might be another way we keep our fans in the nation's capital...