OK; Here are some clues!

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by lesliemoss, Jul 1, 2011.

1. lesliemoss

lesliemoss New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Malibu, California
    Official training started today, and the Hammers website reports who were there.
    Boa Morte, Ilunga, Piquionne,Boffin,Faubert, Noble, Moncur, and Spence.
    Absent were Parker, Green, Collison, Barrera and Cole.
    Apparently Nolan and Faye have been training independently since signing, but the first group looks like the basis for the Championship lineup.
    Can't say I'm too thrilled! But there have been noises about a couple of young strikers as possible buys. I hope that's true.

2. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    The first five names made me cringe and repeatedly say no, no, no, no, no, no...... I was hoping they were going to be sold, let go, or retire. Soccer's "offseason" is ridiculously short, for some reason im just now realizing that.

3. LAIrons

LAIrons Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Northridge exWelling
    I doubt if we can read too much into who showed up on the first day, rest assured Sir Leslie that the starting lineup will be very different.

4. lesliemoss

lesliemoss New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Malibu, California
    Good to hear from you Gordon; I hope you're right, but I'm not too confident about who will be available in addition to the youngsters who aren't ready for the bigtime.
    Still, there's a month to go, and I'm sure a lot of dealing will take place in the 4 weeks left. One thing is obvious; we must have a couple of decent strikers, but where will they come from?