Ohio needs USL (besides Cincy)

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by panicfc, Apr 16, 2006.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay my kid is looking at colleges and we're driving around Ohio. So far I think I've seen 5-10 stadiums that A-league,D2, or PDL could use. They appear to have between 3,500 and 5,000 seats, beautiful grass and everything you need for a team.

Of course most of these are in the Columbus area, but you'd think Akron, Dayton, Toledo or any of the other towns would be ripe for a team.

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you talking PDL, D2 or D1? either way I think they would all have different degrees of success. Alot of schools to pull PDL players from. D2 would be nice. D1 would be the hardest but I think with a good stadium deal and the right people running the organization, it could work.

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd let the prospective money man decide on the level. So many stadiums, so many people, a ton of colleges in the area.

4. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toledo and Dayton have had teams in the past. The problem is that Marcos' glorified Cape Cod league, the PDL, always attracts cheapskates that would never dream of spending money on marketing, outside of one or two Des Moines type examples.