Oh, Sod It! Give Pleat The Job!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by jumhed, Oct 19, 2003.

1. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If we can't get O'Neill that is.

Please not Souness, he only buys crap old players, like Yorke and Cole or just crap ones like Amoruso and Grabbi. Then loses in the first round of the UEFA cup to a crappy team from Turkey who no-ones heard of, even Turks haven't heard of them.

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i'll agree with pleat over souness; but i'm not sure that o'neill is the only option preferable to what we now have (with full respect for what pleat's done thus far).

i still like curbs. rather alot, actually.

3. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    We may not be a dominant force ... I mean despite the win we weren't that impressive last game. But, as long as Pleaty continues to win, I really cannot see how anyone can be too insistant on rushing to get a manager. We want the best one possible, and if Spurs are legitimately fighting for a UEFA spot (or dare I say it, even a Champions League spot) then the number and quality of manager candidates would definitely improve.

That said, I'd still like to see one of my pipe-dreams of Bruce Arena or Guus Hiddink.

-Digital

4. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    i think pleats as good a choice as any "available" manager out there, and a damn sight better than souness, he's done worse than glenn. i didn't like the idea of his appointment a month ago and i'd be absolutely appalled if tottenham were to appoint him after his recent run.

keep pleat until may, if he gets us in to europe and wants the job give it to him. if he doesn't have a list ready and a new manager ready before pre-season.